SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 02-05-16 10:54 AM

Hi Guys
The 'Wind and Smoke' addon mod is as it states an additional mod that can be found both in the main TWOS mods folder and also in the mod update No. 03 mods folder.
It is purposefully listed as mod number 5 so it can be enabled correctly in JSGME using the TWOS mod number.
The main purpose of this mod is to put back the 'Gunner's Identify Icon' that will identify the targets automatically in the TDC for you.
The mods folder in each update will show you any mods that have been updated or introduced since the main mod or the previous update.
The Wind And Smoke addon mod should not be used if you are using real navigation.
Peter

ual002 02-05-16 10:59 AM

I have a question. I'm not entirely sure it belongs here but probably in the individual's mod's forum, but I'm not sure which mod this covers.

As far as mini map and big map options settings... how can I make them persistent? Is there a cfg file somewhere I can edit?

Additionally map marker color is never persistent. Can that be changed as well?

THEBERBSTER 02-05-16 02:43 PM

Hi ual
Not sure what you mean by 'persistent'?
You can use the 'Tab' key to operate both maps.
Map marker you mean the map tools in general?

Post #41 Changing The Map Colors In TDW's Generic File Patcher

Peter

palmic 02-05-16 02:55 PM

Thank you for previous response :salute:

..I have one extra :)

Dont you know someone which keys controls heading (or even depth if possible) with new UI in bottom left?
Unfortunately i dont know even name of that mod

UPDATE - i found it: its mapped to Q/E, but these are reserved by another mods, best is to switch "compass bar" to "control by shortcuts" so you'll toggle round clickable compass control by click on the bar.
Then you can control heading even by mouse-over scrolling (with shift precisely) - GREAT!

ual002 02-05-16 03:18 PM

Each of the maps have an options button. Said option never stay the same between plays. Every time I boot the game I have to turn all my cheater map options on again. Then with the ability to draw on the map, the default pencil color is grey, and hard to see. Someone added a color change feature but the color never stays persistant after reloading the game.

palmic 02-05-16 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ual002 (Post 2379611)
Each of the maps have an options button. Said option never stay the same between plays. Every time I boot the game I have to turn all my cheater map options on again. Then with the ability to draw on the map, the default pencil color is grey, and hard to see. Someone added a color change feature but the color never stays persistant after reloading the game.

I think it cant be done because many things are not included into save data.
The game even don't save hunted ship damage, so if you restart game while chasing one, it will be at 100% health after reload.
I think while its not good, its much better than some unstable states which could crash game if it would be saved too..

ual002 02-05-16 04:54 PM

Fair enough, but if that stuff is added from a mod, shouldn't there be a cfg file for it. You might not be able to save the changes you make in game but you could at least boot the game with the changes made to the cfg... if that makes sense.

THEBERBSTER 02-05-16 06:15 PM

Hi ual
All the options that you refer to by clicking on the button in each map offers you a selection of changes just for that gaming session but can be made permanently in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.
You must first disable your mods before you can make any changes, save the changes and then enable the mods again.
You need to go to the nav map and TAi map tabs in the OFEV.
Peter

Kumando 02-05-16 07:40 PM

Im at Ebcw first patrol my designated patrol grid is an5544 ivr reached it but my objective is stil pending, any idea why?

ual002 02-05-16 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2379635)
Hi ual
All the options that you refer to by clicking on the button in each map offers you a selection of changes just for that gaming session but can be made permanently in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.
You must first disable your mods before you can make any changes, save the changes and then enable the mods again.
You need to go to the nav map and TAi map tabs in the OFEV.
Peter

Perfect. I'll do just that. Very helpful. I guess I should have just figured that out for myself. But I would have probably forgetting to activate/disengage the mods.

palmic 02-05-16 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2379650)
Im at Ebcw first patrol my designated patrol grid is an5544 ivr reached it but my objective is stil pending, any idea why?

You should get message by radio about how big circle around the point you could patrol and how long you have to be there.

Most common is 80km circle 72 hours.
Sometimes you could be in 200km, it depends.

ual002 02-05-16 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2379650)

I feel like if you reload a game inside the patrol zone messes up the timer. Don't quote me on that though.

JT1981 02-06-16 12:47 AM

hi,vdr,my question is when you want to rug for silent running,should i press "z" or F8?F8 will order executive officer rig for silent running,but what is the key Z doing for?

palmic 02-06-16 04:08 AM

Is it really possible to spare fuel by switch one side to electric engine and start recharging?
I would say its nonsense, because of recharging mechanical resistance is higher, than torque given for recharged energy (you would have Perpetuum mobile otherwise).

But this is something i saw as meme in loading screen.. :hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 02-06-16 05:44 AM

Hi ual
All patrol grid objectives must be done in 1 gaming session without any manual game saves.
If you put an X mark in the centre of the your grid use the compass and pull it out to 250km; just make a note of the time when you pass through it and it will give you a good idea of the time spent patrolling.
You should get a radio message with a time and date start and also you have your Captain's Log.
Another option if you want to know what is going on is to set up the player objectives tab in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer. By using this you will always know when you have completed the grid and will show you the next patrol area if there is one.
http://i65.tinypic.com/25q57vt.jpg

In this picture by clicking on the yellow button bit I can confirm where I need to be.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2iu9ttl.jpg

250km patrol area marked out.
http://i63.tinypic.com/256e6w2.jpg

Here you can see the completed and next objective
http://i66.tinypic.com/dvq8fb.jpg

Peter