SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 12-15-15 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2366365)
I live in Saint-Petersburg and, what i know, that is water color can't be absolutely grey (what i saw in game) if the sky is blue, becouse color of the sky reflecting in sea water. What i know, it's that the color of water depends of what it reflects.

Hi Sokolov, as I told you before water colour is affected by sun angle and weather, in game as well as in reality :)

Sokolov 12-15-15 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2366348)
Hi sokolov
Code:

If there are no other mission, except first, until 4 sept.
No there are not any.
You can start a new patrol from the flotilla leader before the next mission appears on the map.
The difference here is that you will not receive patrol grid objectives.
New missions will appear when their due date starts.
Post #64 Open Horizons II > Campaign Dates > Bases > U-Boats

Peter

Is that mean that the mission can appear on the patrol and i can take it or only in bunker?

gap 12-15-15 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2366377)
I have the the grey water in open sea

Where exactly?

Sokolov 12-15-15 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2366382)
Where exactly?

I mean, i have a water with no color, anywhere - same no color (what i mean grey). Is it bug?

gap 12-15-15 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2366388)
I mean, i have a water with no color, anywhere - same no color (what i mean grey). Is it bug?

Probably you have not read my previous post carefully; there you will find a list of places where you can expect a more or less greish-greenish-bluish water color depending (I repeat myself) on current sun angle/weather and on interaction with other environment colors which may vary from place to place. When I say that open waters are much bluer, I mean open Atlantic waters, whose color is not to be found anywhere in the shallow waters of the Baltic lagoon... not at least if you are using the main version of Dynamic Environment as featured by TWoS :O:

Not a big problem, as most of the SH5 campaign takes place in mid-Atlantic. Anyway, if you just don't like this feature, I already told you (in the aforementioned post) how to get rid of it once and for all. DynEnv's no murky waters addons are found in the same package as their main mod, and they are fully compatible with The Wolves of Steel. :03:

Finally, if you like especially brilliant colours, you might be interested as well into one of the Camera Filter submods of Dynamic Environment and/or in one of the different setups of Sweet FX that Sjizzle has finetuned for us. :salute:

THEBERBSTER 12-15-15 02:34 PM

Hi Sokolov

You can only take it in the bunker from the flotilla leader..

This means that you would see the mission appear while you are at sea and when possibly heading for your home port so then you can accept/request it.

Peter

vdr1981 12-15-15 02:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Isn't saving when a plane is in rendering range not advisable anyway?

Not advisable, but it will work OK most of the time...In mentioned case, with large number of airplanes spawned in almost same place, corrupted save is guarantied, always...

gap 12-15-15 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2366446)
Not advisable, but it will work OK most of the time...In mentioned case, with large number of airplanes spawned in almost same place, corrupted save is guarantied, always...

I know you digged a lot into savegames. How is information on units within submarine range stored into savegame files? Thinking out loud, have you tried removing the suspect airplanes and reloading the save? :hmmm:

Uboot1 12-15-15 03:48 PM

I have a big problem with a torpedo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgyp...ature=youtu.be

it's like lottery. Press button and praise to gods. I even had funny situation when torpedo turn right and swim away.

What factors influence the course of the torpedoes?

Also my save has broke again. No friendly or neutral ship sunk this time.

I imagine. I play without saving, on tcx1. 2 weeks in real life i swim to target. and then save the game goes to hell. LOL.

I can take everything. But this is too much for me. http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/iLtS9oWO/file.html

gap 12-15-15 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2366465)

it's like lottery. Press button and praise to gods.

Is it the first time you plot a manual torpedo solution in a game of the Silen Hunter series? From your video, it looks to me you entered the wrong data into the TDC (torpedo solution calculator). Nothing unusual if you are a beginner. :)

Quote:

I even had funny situation when torpedo turn right and swim away.

It seems you have experienced some circle runners. This type of torpedo failure was quite common, especially during the first months of the conflict. Read the following essay for more:

http://digitalcommons.georgiasouther...99&context=etd

Quote:

In general, they are:
  • Target bearing (i.e. the angle formed by your heading and the ideal line joining your boat with the target); Periscopes and UZO are coupled to the TDC, so that when you look at your target through one of those devices bearing information is updated automatically on the TDC.
  • Torpedo speed, as set by you. As for target bearing, torpedo speed is automatically updated on the TDC.
  • Target speed. You must enter this information into the TDC; directly or through the executive officer dialog.
  • Target range. You must enter this information into the TDC.
  • Angle on Bow. This is your bearing relative to target course and must be entered into the TDC.

Sjizzle 12-15-15 05:44 PM

Quote:

it's like lottery. Press button and praise to gods. I even had funny situation when torpedo turn right and swim away.

Also my save has broke again. No friendly or neutral ship sunk this time.

I imagine. I play without saving, on tcx1. 2 weeks in real life i swim to target. and then save the game goes to hell. LOL.

I can take everything. But this is too much for me. http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/iLtS9oWO/file.html

the easy targeting solution is Dick O'kane targeting solution here is a really god tutorial the video is with Sh4 but the targeting solution is the same for SH5 too. Here is a post and explain how dick o'kane targeting solution work
This one is Stoian made targeting solution the video is old but the manual targeting is the same.
BTW u have also in game tutorials manual TDC u can watch it and learn it again and again :D

THEBERBSTER 12-15-15 07:19 PM

Hi Uboot

Try this.
Manual targeting is not difficult once you know what the basics are and I have explained a simple 90 degree fast shoot that you can use with great success.
I am assuming you are using map contacts where you see ships on the maps.
Draw out a course line (TCL) from the target past your sub.
Make a 90 degree angle with the protractor on the TCL.
Position your sub on the line to take up a firing point 800-1000 metres.
It is very important to get the targets speed correctly.
Use the 3 minutes and 15 seconds method to do this.
Pause the game.
Expand the map so you can place a tool mark X on the bow.
Start the stopwatch un-pause the game.
At 3 minutes 15 seconds pause the game again.
Place another tool mark X on the bow.
With the compass measure the distance across the 2 X marks.
600 metres = 6 knots and so on.
Press the TDC button to open it manually.
Put your periscope bearing on 0 degrees.
Enter your AOB 90 degrees either port or starboard.
Enter the speed 6 knots.
Enter the range 1000 metres.
Press the TDC button again to close it.
It is important now to set your torpedo speed as the TDC needs to calculate the impact point taking into account the targets speed (where it will be) and the speed of the torpedo (what bearing to fire from).
Now turn your periscope until you see both of the gyro dials pointing vertically.
The periscopes bearing degrees and the 2 vertical gyro's is the position it needs to be in when you press the torpedo fire button.
As you move the periscope on to the target the TDC will automatically adjust as you will see from the gyro angles changing.
You can lock the target to identify it if you wish.
This will allow you to set the torpedo/s depth.
You will see your manual data showing in the TDC.
You do not need to be locked to the target to the fire the torpedo/s
You can for example put the periscope bearing on to the firing bearing and just wait for the target to cross over it and then fire at different places on the hull without having to move the periscope.
Always make sure your torpedo doors are open other wise you will most likely miss.
The range on a 90 degree fast shoot is not important but a range still needs to be entered in the TDC.

Peter

Sokolov 12-16-15 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2366444)
Hi Sokolov

You can only take it in the bunker from the flotilla leader..

This means that you would see the mission appear while you are at sea and when possibly heading for your home port so then you can accept/request it.

Peter

Well, so if i in the sea and i see the mission appear, i can't do it and will have no promotion points? For example, i'can't do more then one mission per patrol? It's very strange, becouse when i dock at Kiel (getting an order to rebase) i have no mission, and if i dock at Kiel after 4 Sept. i can get only British Coastal mission, but when it come, i already miss Scapa-Flow mission...

Uboot1 12-16-15 03:01 AM

@gap
@THEBERBSTER
@Sjizzle

Thanks guys! I appreciate that. I try to get your advice. It's more complicated than I thought. But it's ok. Yes i play on ,,noob mode" :/ i use battery, co2 compressed air. infinite fuel, icons on map, torpedo solution line, etc i always load game 10 times before i hit the target, cause a look at torpedo solution line like in my record on yt. Then torpedo turn left/right and swim, towards sun, freedom, but not the target, yes i must learn how to check ship speed and range this is basic. Thanks again :up:

THEBERBSTER 12-16-15 05:58 AM

Hi Ub
Code:

Then torpedo turn left/right and swim, towards sun, freedom, but not  the target, yes i must learn how to check ship speed and range this is  basic.
This should not be happening if you have followed the installation instructions.

If you can see the torpedoes circling or going a.w.o.l. it looks like you have not enabled TDW's Generic File Patcher application with the TWOS snapshot file.

Peter