SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Yobakz 01-30-14 10:06 AM

i really dont think it as cheating
just wanted to emphasize that i like the realism trend :salute:

Trevally. 01-30-14 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cond (Post 2169369)
I'm having a bit of a problem during the request process of refueling in the east coast of the USA. I had successfully refueled once during a patrol before but on this patrol something is very very wrong.

The situation is: I ask for resupply. The icon pops up on the map. So far so good,but here comes the strange thing. At the point where the refueling icon is a SUBMARINE will appear and he will travel from there. And there isn't any kind of tanker ship nearby. Tried to load an earlier game without luck. Tried multiple resupply calls but every single refuel icon's have the same problem and on every single marker a submarine will appear.

But it's strange because one patrol before I could do it easily.

That uboat will refuel you - just get close to it (it is a type VII, but that all I had):up:

Trevally. 01-30-14 10:51 AM

Re: underwater debate

I too think the underwater should be as in stock
If external view is checked in options - the only way to view is through scope

Perhaps a patch to overwrite this:06:

gap 01-30-14 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2169641)

Me too. :yep:

More in general, the little problem of megamods, as opposed to enabling mods one by one, is that everyone got different ideas on what mods should be included and what not.

Quote:

Perhaps a patch to overwrite this:06:

easily done: replace Underwater.pfx with the one from DynEnv's main mod or from one of the Enhanced Visibility submods. IIRC

Main mod = underwater a little more blurred than in stock game (but not as distorted/pixelated as per sober's underwater FX)
Enhanced Visibility (medium) = stock effect
Enhanced Visibility (high) = no underwater effect :up:

Trevally. 01-30-14 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2169680)

More in general, the little problem of megamods, as opposed to enabling mods one by one, is that everyone got different ideas on what mods should be included and what not.

easily done: replace Underwater.pfx with the one from DynEnv's main mod or from one of the Enhanced Visibility submods. IIRC

Main mod = underwater a little more blurred than in stock game (but not as distorted/pixelated as per sober's underwater FX)

Thanks Gap:up:

vdr1981 01-30-14 01:23 PM

Quote:

I agree...For me the priority of this megamod is stability testing., to determent finally could SH5 be stable with modlist of 80+ mods. So far, the results are pretty encouraging and this is really good news for any future SH5 megamod!

Regarding personal preferences ... Yes, I could remove real navigation, underwater visibility mod or any other mod which makes SH more realistic or difficult to use, but in no time we would have list of 15+ optional patches which will pose serious problem for most of people.

Trevally. 01-30-14 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2169698)
I agree...For me the priority of this megamod is stability testing., to determent finally could SH5 be stable with modlist of 80+ mods. So far, the results are pretty encouraging and this is really good news for any future SH5 megamod!

Yes and this is indeed great:yeah:

Quote:

Regarding personal preferences ... Yes, I could remove real navigation, underwater visibility mod or any other mod which makes SH more realistic or difficult to use, but in no time we would have list of 15+ optional patches which will pose serious problem for most of people.
Very true:yep:

I just copied and pasted Gaps instructions into a readme for myself - perhaps just adding readme files or link to these hints from people who know and if users really want to change something - a little encouragement to open the files may be a good thing and lead to more modders:hmmm:

I also have note from Serge and rad for when I play again

tonschk 01-30-14 02:10 PM

Me too. :up:

Quote:

THE_MASK 01-30-14 02:53 PM

Quote:

:yep::O: If I were you I would do a patch with the underwater FX mod taken out . This megamod was very much needed btw .

trebby 01-30-14 03:40 PM

Guys, vdr keeping this Megamod up to date is a grand thing indeed..

Imho all these additional requests makes the Megamod unmanageable soon.:o

As suggested above: an easy possible solution (which is stable with me so far):

Simply activate in JSGME after Steel Wolves mod the FX option from DynEnv 2.9.

Thats it, clear water again.

I then activated Atlantic Green 1.1 ( http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1728 )

with reduced gamma after that and very happy with result!:up:

Cheers, Trebb.

Cond 01-30-14 04:05 PM

Thanks the answer Trevally. I catched up with him with about 0.5% fuel percentage! :)

Sorry about the question I thought it's just some kind of a bug because first there was a tanker with whom I could manage the refuel procedure.

But it's all good now. Thanks to you!

Trevally. 01-30-14 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebby (Post 2169755)

Imho all these additional requests makes the Megamod unmanageable soon.:o

Yes trebby - where will it end if vecko adds a patch for this - we will soon need a patch for that.

Discussion here can help people adjust their own game:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cond (Post 2169775)
Thanks the answer Trevally. I catched up with him with about 0.5% fuel percentage! :)

Sorry about the question I thought it's just some kind of a bug because first there was a tanker with whom I could manage the refuel procedure.

But it's all good now. Thanks to you!

Glad you got it working Cond:salute:
perhaps someday I can get a XIV to add in place of that typeVII

Cond 01-30-14 04:44 PM

By the way I like watching my boat sailing from the underwater view too but I'm okay with this "realistic camera" either.

I can understand why others mentioned this camera thing.

I think everybody who writes here appreciates your mod Vdr so don't take it personally. It is far the most stable and the best mod in my opinion.
I like realistic things basically just I prefer the "clear" camera option because of the screenshots and the feeling what it can give me. I never use it for other inspections because it takes away the joy, but for underwater screenshots it's great.

If that Sober's Dynenv is possible and stable can somebody report that please ? Because that would be quite good and it would give the option to everybody who likes to watch his own boat sailing.

icthird623 01-30-14 05:35 PM

vdr1981
Really nicely done. Thank you and the moders that make it possible

gap 01-30-14 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2169694)
Thanks Gap:up:

In alternative, you can also open that file in notepad, and experiment with its one setting until you find your optimum, but beware: little increments/decrements have a great effect, and if memory serves me well putting the FX to 0 crashes the game. DynEnv's Enhanced visibility high uses a very low setting, but not 0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2169733)
:yep::O: If I were you I would do a patch with the underwater FX mod taken out .

Is a patch really needed? This feature can be adjusted by anyone. More in general, I like the idea of providing people with instructions on how to finetune this megamod to their tastes/needs, rather than complicating Vecko's life with tons of small patches which basically would deceive the spirit of an all-in-one megamod. My two cents indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2169733)
This megamod was very much needed btw .

:agree: