SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Help with Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254615)

Oskar Wolf 01-26-23 03:41 PM

Help with Mods

Hi everybody and thank you for take me in!!

I am playing SH3 and i am starting to get the ropes... i'm loving it!!
Looking for information on how to play the game i found a "new world" with all the mods made for the game. I downloaded a few, but i cant make work most of them, actually the most interesting ones.

I am playing with SH3 + GWX Gold + Commander and i got working without a problem, 16km atmosfere, no medals on crew, alternated loadscreen full circle, axis med aircraft skins, enhanced damage effects, VIIc41 player sub, english nav map and grids, integrated orders, lite harbour traffic, main movie das boot and captain america icons. I got all of those with the GWX gold.

But everything i downlodaed it doesnt work with some of the above ones or simply goes to a black screen before jumps to windows again. the Magui mod final version, Magui fix for GWX and Magui widescreen (I would love to have the widescreen), waterstream + comby, thomsen's soun pack, flag&pens... the only thing i could install with JSGME with no warning window is the "manos environment" but i dont see any difference so i dont know if is working.

May be some of the mods are some how outdated?

I am not an IT guy so i'll really appreciate if somebody helps me out with this

Is there any list of mods i can safely use with what i got?

Thank you all in advance!!!

FUBAR295 01-26-23 04:37 PM

Oskar Wolf,

Welcome aboard! :salute:

You have a lot of mods conflicts it seems.

Please post a copy of you mods currently using and listing the ones you would like to use from JSGME. It helps so you can get the proper answers. :yep:

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Oskar Wolf 01-26-23 04:58 PM

Hi Fubar!! Thanks a lot for your answer!!

I've been trying for a good half an hour to post here a picture of my JSGME but as i was saying computers are not my thing! :haha:

Anyway i would like to have some improvements such grafics, and those cool periscopes and maps...

do you have the GWX?? what you got working with it??

Cheers!

Aktungbby 01-26-23 05:08 PM

Welcome aboard!

Oskar Wolf!:Kaleun_Salute:

FUBAR295 01-26-23 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oskar Wolf (Post 2849700)
Hi Fubar!! Thanks a lot for your answer!!

I've been trying for a good half an hour to post here a picture of my JSGME but as i was saying computers are not my thing! :haha:

Anyway i would like to have some improvements such grafics, and those cool periscopes and maps...

do you have the GWX?? what you got working with it??

Cheers!

Since you are utilizing GWX, might I recommend Onealex's all inclusive version of GWX. All mods are already loaded in for you. Check this link :

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...48010&page=104

It is a basic plug and play mod. :yeah:

THEBERBSTER 01-26-23 08:09 PM

Hi Oskar
JSGME How To Export Your Mod List To A Subsim Post > Pictorial
Peter

Oskar Wolf 01-27-23 03:32 PM

Hi Berbster!!

Thanks a lot! Its gonna be useful!

Cheers!!

Oskar Wolf 01-27-23 03:40 PM

So... now im able to tell you exactly what i got running...
Would you tell me some other nice mods with no problems with that list please??

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
WB's Renown Replacement
ManosEnvironmentPro v6
GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle

Cheers!!

Oskar Wolf 01-27-23 09:05 PM

I love the game but this is just ridiculous!! I can't even use a pair of bluetooth headphones with the game...as soon as i use them the game fails!!

Is SH4 more stable?? any supermod for SH3 more stable than the GWX??

Hooston 01-28-23 04:35 AM

For all the GWX goodness you have above, plus some, all debugged and easily installable seek out OneAlex as advised above. Life is short.

The only downside is the dubious copyright status, which must apply to all mods to some extent. However if you already own a legally purchased copy of SH3 I see no objection, the original creators of the game seem very happy that it is still alive (and still selling) all these years later.

FUBAR295 01-28-23 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oskar Wolf (Post 2849871)

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
WB's Renown Replacement
ManosEnvironmentPro v6

Cheers!!

Oskar Wolf,

You have a nice list of mods. :)

You are asking what will go with these? It depends on what you want to add for enhancement. Everyone has their own tastes.:yep:

You can go the tried and true method and install additional mods one at a time and see the results. Time consuming yes, but you will see what works and what does not. :D

Your alternative, if going with GWX, is to with GWX by Alexone ( really super version of GWX, run like a top right out of the box ) and has all of the whistles and bells already added and a minimal additional mods needed for enhancement. :up:

A second really excellent super mod is NYGM with Fifi's hardcore enhancements :up:. Look at this thread ;

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=249060

You can also get LSH3 super mod also, which has just about everything you need included. :up: Look here :

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=252543

All are all inclusive and run without problems right out of the box.:D

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

3catcircus 01-28-23 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oskar Wolf (Post 2849871)

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
WB's Renown Replacement
ManosEnvironmentPro v6

Cheers!!

I'm going to go out on a limb by guessing the MEPv6 mod isn't installed correctly. There are certain additional pieces to it that are for use with GWX.

After you using JSGME or manually installing each mod?

Doolar 01-30-23 10:56 PM

re

Oskar Wolf, I haf to agree with FUBAR 295. Try OneAlex 1.52 or NYGM Enhanced 3.2. Both these "Super or Mega Mods" are fully loaded with eveyrhing you would need plus. Including Wide Screens. Both are maintained, up-dated and EASY to install. They are my choices. And believe me, I need simplicity. Both modders are excellent too. I mean you can spend time juggling mods around to get GWX3 working properly and you will and it works just fine when you do. Or you can try one or both, the above mentioned "Super or Mega Mods" and quickly get into a career and start sinking ships. Don't give up on SHIII. Just my opinion. And one more thing. OneAlex has a Discord Page too. Lots of good info and help can be found there.

Oskar Wolf 02-02-23 03:25 PM

Thanks a lot for all your answers guys!!!

I'm gonna start trying the options you gave me and i'll let you know!!!

Cheers!!