SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Tonci87 02-08-19 04:23 PM

Hi Guys, I have made a little tutorial showing how to use the RAOBF and Attack disc to set up a fast 90° intercept course.

I hope I can help somebody with this.

Of course I have also linked this amazing mod :D

RAOBF and Attack Disc Tutorial

armymdic 02-08-19 05:06 PM

Real Nav

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to disable to real nav component of this mod? Could not find anything relevant on the forums. Thanks!

fitzcarraldo 02-08-19 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armymdic (Post 2590684)
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to disable to real nav component of this mod? Could not find anything relevant on the forums. Thanks!

I understand you don't want Real Nav, yes?

Real Nav is not by default in TWoS. You need to activate it via JSGME. If you never enabled it via JSGME you should not have Real Nav. See in your JSGME if you have enabled Real Nav - must be in the right column. If yes, disable it. If Real Nav mod/addon is in the left column...well, you have a wrong installation and you need reinstall all SH5 plus TWoS 2.2.9.

If you want to enable Real Nav, it is in the left column of JSGME. Pass it to the right column and you will have Real Nav. If you installed well TWoS, you should have an icon for JSGME on your desktop. The folder of the TWoS addon mods - optionals - is "TWoS_parts" inside your SH5 folder (game folder....ubisoft/SH5).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Ashikaga 02-09-19 03:55 AM

Does anyone know of a topic explaining the use of the WO when determining contact speed? With that I mean the use of the stopwatch and line button above his icon. I normally plot it and use the speed conversion charts but thought using him might be handy at times.

also, does anyone ever use the manouvering/timepiece board? If so, how do you edit times on it since it seems a bit of a useless overlay.

Tonci87 02-09-19 04:12 AM

I personally do not like to use the WO to determine target speed. If you want to do it, you have to be at a complete stop, (that is the first part that I do not like, because it is practically impossible to not be moved by the sea in real life) and you have to enable follow target so that your periscope tracks the targets bearing. Then you enable the determine speed feature and wait. The longer you wait the more precise your measurement will be. But even when waiting more than a minute the WO will often give out a wrong speed reading.

You shouldn´t trust him.
That is the main reason why I do not use that feature. Speed can be obtained much easier and faster by using the U-jagd clock or, even better the RAOBF. I´m showing both methods in the video I posted yesterday (four posts ago)

Ashikaga 02-09-19 05:05 AM

Thanks for the info! I do use the stopwatch method already :) will check out your vids!

Ashikaga 02-10-19 06:37 AM

Question for Vecko. If I want to replace the sound when the map opens with the sound in and around the boat instead of that silence you hear everytime it opens how would I do that? Is it at all possible? Any help welcome.

I would also like to know which lines to edit so that the periscope depth is not accompanied by that bell anymore.

Maybe some sound mod people can help out.

:)

Tonci87 02-10-19 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieSauergurke (Post 2582581)
Found a solution for the issue if anyone is interested.

You have to edit the following file:
Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\Message_WE.cfg

There you have to set Param0-2 to 0 like this:
Code:

[Msg7]
MsgId=7
Priority=2
Timeout=30
Param0=0
MsgOgg0_0=MC_CR_SO_43;Flooding tube
MsgOgg0_1=MC_CR_SO_44;Closing tube
Param1=0
MsgOgg1_0=0;Number
Param2=0
MsgOgg2_0=MC_CR_SO_43B;english - nothing / german - <something>
MsgOgg2_1=MC_CR_SO_44B;english - nothing / german - wird geschlossen

Furthermore you can also get rid of the other annoying soundfiles (magnetic/impact pistol, salvo/single shot) played while setting up your torpedoes.
You have to delete the Sound_* entries below [Cmd326] and [Cmd329] in the file Commands.cfg inside the same folder as Message_WE.cfg.

See below:
Code:

[Cmd326]
Name=Set_salvo_mode
Contexts=1

[Cmd327]
Name=Set_torpedo_depth
Contexts=1

[Cmd328]
Name=Set_torpedo_speed
Contexts=1

[Cmd329]
Name=Set_torpedo_pistol
Contexts=1

Thank you very much for this.

My problem is that the speech when changing the torpedo pistol, or when changing from single shot to salvo get played two times.

If I do as you instruct, then no sound gets played at all. Do you know what I need to change so that each sound is only played once?

Thank you

gutted 02-10-19 11:29 AM

What am i supposed to do with all these random contacts that pop up on the map if no information is given?

Seems rather pointless if i dont even know their general direction of travel.

gutted 02-10-19 11:32 AM

Also why do some messages received go to the Radio Messages log, while others go to the Captain's log?

fitzcarraldo 02-10-19 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 2590967)
What am i supposed to do with all these random contacts that pop up on the map if no information is given?

Seems rather pointless if i dont even know their general direction of travel.

It is the way how worked in the real war....

Fitzcarrakdo

gutted 02-10-19 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2590976)
It is the way how worked in the real war....

Fitzcarrakdo

I'm pretty sure if someone were to report a contact they would give a general direction of travel.

Tonci87 02-10-19 05:08 PM

Well every time I receive a contact sighted radio message I also get the contacts course and speed.

fitzcarraldo 02-10-19 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 2590980)
I'm pretty sure if someone were to report a contact they would give a general direction of travel.

...Or not. Depended of the information. Could be a ship/convoy sighted by another ship or boat, or intelligence information. In general, the commanders only received an approximate position of the contact . In TWoS you have a black mark appearing in the position of the sighted or informed via intelligence, contact (With contacts enabled). The text could have a direction. Or not. For example,.I received radio messages with "Convoy sighted", and the coordinates, and is all the information available. No direction, no speed.

Fitzcarraldo

gutted 02-10-19 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2591031)
Well every time I receive a contact sighted radio message I also get the contacts course and speed.

Wasn't referring to that. I'm talking about all these icons on the map that just say "Merchant Ship" with no corresponding radio message.

Wtf am i supposed to do with that? No time & no general direction? REally? Then why even show them?