SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 09-19-18 03:23 PM

Hi Fifi
The Ships Journal is something I have never used so cannot help you, sorry.
Peter

vdr1981 09-19-18 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2569344)
Vecko or Peter, in the in game ship journal (not viewer), is there a way to get the entry button unticked (the second one bottom right of journal) for every time?

At each save load, plenty entries i don’t want (same as the ones in message box) are polluting the journal.

Furthermore, the journal use isn’t very intuitive. Is there any tutorial for the journal use?

Only if you can find appropriate options in OFEV. If not, you'll have to set up your journal entries every time you load the game.
I'm not aware of the tutorial...

Fifi 09-20-18 01:44 AM

Thanks, journal is not essential tool anyway on this fantastic TWOS mod.
I just don’t understand some of it’s fonctions or logics...i’m Too much nick picking :k_confused:

Fifi 09-21-18 05:58 AM

Small head up:

Took some damage with armed ships in convoy...seem a lot more realistic with the 2 patches disabled in generic patcher! :up:

This is perfect. Only some parts of my hull (don’t recall the exact terms) get damaged.
2 or 3 parts instead of usual dozens... furthermore nothing inside my sub, wich is more realistic because of their merchants light armaments .

:yeah: :salute:

ÉDIT: i managed to get the journal exactly how i wanted.
No more unwanted messages in it, only what i type writing.
The settings are kept in every save/load now.
I had to change settings in OFEV, in ships journal tab.
In ships journal message box at game start, I changed the bit 1 default value to zero.
That did the trick …

Fifi 09-22-18 05:22 AM

:oops: Something new to me in latest TWOS about missions:

- when i choose a mission in bunker, i can see more than one (east coast England/west coast England/Scapa fortress etc)
So i choose one (because we can only choose one) but what happens if i interact with an other in same patrol?
Meaning if i have enough time and ammos after my west coast patrol, and decide to go for Wesserubung because it will end before i dock in bunker, will i encounter what it is supposed to be out there? And will i be credited for operation Wasserubung accomplished?
:hmmm:

vdr1981 09-22-18 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2569662)
:oops: Something new to me in latest TWOS about missions:

Meaning if i have enough time and ammos after my west coast patrol, and decide to go for Wesserubung because it will end before i dock in bunker, will i encounter what it is supposed to be out there? And will i be credited for operation Wasserubung accomplished?
:hmmm:

Of course...:yep: your personal missions (the one requested in the bunker) are not so important after all. You'll find a link in quick start manual for additional info about campaign concept...

EDIT: Here...:salute: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3816

Lanzfeld 09-23-18 07:25 AM

Ships shouldn’t burn so much

Great mod collection!

A request....Unless they were a tanker, very very few ships actually caught fire when hit with the torpedo. They just would start sinking. No fires involved. I find it very very silly that most of the ships in this game burn when hit with a torpedo. Is there anyway to correct this?

Fifi 09-23-18 10:12 AM

^^^^ With additional TWOS mod (Less Fire and explosions but more smoke) it happens ships don’t catch on fire, but not each time.
One of my last victim didn’t even smoke or catch on fire...just sunk quietly.
I much prefer this mod than stock Hollywood explosions.

palmic 09-23-18 04:55 PM

When i see todays weather in europe, i remember more and more das boot movie. Season is comming :D:up::arrgh!:

vdr1981 09-23-18 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2569805)
Great mod collection!

A request....Unless they were a tanker, very very few ships actually caught fire when hit with the torpedo. They just would start sinking. No fires involved. I find it very very silly that most of the ships in this game burn when hit with a torpedo. Is there anyway to correct this?

We talked about this before if I remember correctly?:hmm2:

fitzcarraldo 09-23-18 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2569824)
^^^^ With additional TWOS mod (Less Fire and explosions but more smoke) it happens ships don’t catch on fire, but not each time.
One of my last victim didn’t even smoke or catch on fire...just sunk quietly.
I much prefer this mod than stock Hollywood explosions.

True. + 1.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Lanzfeld 09-24-18 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2569867)
We talked about this before if I remember correctly?:hmm2:

Yes we did........
Man....I’m getting old!
:k_confused:

MANoWAR.U52 09-24-18 01:57 PM

I´ve just got SH5 for TWOS.

Can I install it on the German version of the game or is it mandatory to install SH5 in English?

Tonci87 09-24-18 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MANoWAR.U52 (Post 2569951)
I´ve just got SH5 for TWOS.

Can I install it on the German version of the game or is it mandatory to install SH5 in English?

German works fine

MANoWAR.U52 09-24-18 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2569952)
German works fine

thanks