SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Stellan 08-13-17 12:15 PM

Thanks Fun to get quick response. No, it did not work either. I have probably tried most but nothing

vdr1981 08-13-17 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2506173)
The top for the stadimeter is always the flag not the masthead - or!? :D

u
Use mast, not flags...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellan (Post 2506244)
I have tried to push these buttons, I do not get the meters up the, bottons only flash two tims. Nothing more is happening. The same applies to the engines. I press "Shafts" but the engines just chew and continue. I wonder if there is any more Settings I missed. I'm running The Wolves of Steel 2.0.5

Your megamod is not installed correctly. Chech install instructions once again and reinstall the game. Generic patcher?

excel4004 08-13-17 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2506359)
u
Use mast, not flags...

Your megamod is not installed correctly. Chech install instructions once again and reinstall the game. Generic patcher?

Important news - thanks!

:subsim:

Stellan 08-14-17 04:45 PM

Yes, you were right. I had missed "Generic patches".
But now I have the next problem, I've installed the game and followed the instructions "by the book". I'm coming to the main menu but the game crashes when I start a new campaign.
Anyone who has a good solution?

THEBERBSTER 08-15-17 04:16 AM

Hi Stellan
Quote:

I've installed the game and followed the instructions "by the book".
No, you still have an installation problem as your game is crashing.

Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing

Lets have a look at your mods.
Post #9 JSGME How To Export Your Mod List To A Subsim Post
Peter

THEBERBSTER 08-15-17 12:40 PM

I have just installed TWOS again and I agree with Stellan that I cannot get the engines to work independently of each other.
Disengaging one makes no difference both engines continue to function and is also shown on both telegraphs.
From 0 knots disengaging one engine and ordering a speed both telegraphs are static and nothing happens.
Peter

THEBERBSTER 08-15-17 12:45 PM

Sometimes its 1 foot or it can be both feet.
I have to keep the hatch cover closed.
Added mod TWoS Campaign Start_Type VIIB

Peter

excel4004 08-15-17 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2506709)
I have just installed TWOS again and I agree with Stellan that I cannot get the engines to work independently of each other.
Disengaging one makes no difference both engines continue to function and is also shown on both telegraphs.
From 0 knots disengaging one engine and ordering a speed both telegraphs are static and nothing happens.
Peter

It works for me, Peter. I need to stop to 0 knots and then after turning off one shaft, only one engine is working - like it should be.

:hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 08-15-17 02:00 PM

Hi excel
That is interesting why it is working for you but not for us.
At All Stop showing 0 on the telegraph disengaging one prop and ordering a speed nothing happens.
Both telegraphs have to move before there is any movement.
Strange.

Removed the VIIB mod and tested with the default VIIA boat with the same result.
Started from Memel bunker with 1 prop disabled but both engines running.

Retested with new TWOS install and changed SH3 Ui to SH5 advanced.
Same problem with a difference.
Boat is showing moving with 1 prop at 7 knots.

The telegraph is at all stop and the engines push rods are not moving.

Peter

bdd458 08-15-17 04:59 PM

I don't think I have AOB down. Assume I'm running a a parallel course with a vessel. Would my AOB be from what I can see out of my periscope (ie 90 degrees) or from my 0 (ie 180 degrees).

Tonci87 08-15-17 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdd458 (Post 2506777)
I don't think I have AOB down. Assume I'm running a a parallel course with a vessel. Would my AOB be from what I can see out of my periscope (ie 90 degrees) or from my 0 (ie 180 degrees).

The AOB is the bearing the other ship has your submarine on.

So if a ship is coming directly towards you the AOB will be 0 because they see you on a bearing of 0. If the ship is going away from you the AOB will be 180, because they see you on that bearing.

So in your example, if you would be running directly parallel to a ship, same course, same speed, and you have them on your 90°, the AOB will be 90° port, because the ships captain will see your sub if he looks out of his left window. Hope I could help.

bdd458 08-16-17 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2506779)
The AOB is the bearing the other ship has your submarine on.

So if a ship is coming directly towards you the AOB will be 0 because they see you on a bearing of 0. If the ship is going away from you the AOB will be 180, because they see you on that bearing.

So in your example, if you would be running directly parallel to a ship, same course, same speed, and you have them on your 90°, the AOB will be 90° port, because the ships captain will see your sub if he looks out of his left window. Hope I could help.

Perfect, thanks!

I was having trouble with a convoy, my distance was the biggest factor in me missing after having replayed it a few times.

While in the end I managed only to manage to hit one ship (a European Liner, 19000 tons), it was still super satisfying!

Muckenberg 08-16-17 10:43 AM

My independent engine setting works.Same procedure as Excel

vdr1981 08-16-17 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2506897)
My independent engine setting works.Same procedure as Excel

Same here...Although the function it self doesn't have much value in normal game play, I can confirm that it works as intended...

Note Peter that engine , telegraph and sound animations are influenced only bay port engine iirc, but rpm indicators and shafts follow independent engine settings correctly. This is how TDW implemented this feature...

THEBERBSTER 08-16-17 11:30 AM

Thanks Vecko I will check it out.
Peter