SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Unkki 04-15-17 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesBaker (Post 2478923)
Hi Unkki,

reselect the tool you used for your plotted line and place the cursor on the end of the line ( the plotted line should change colour ), now move the line how you want. remember you must have the game running to do this, it will not work with the game paused.

Good Hunting
Les

Thank you sir!!!! :Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Brett Sinclair 04-15-17 12:26 PM

I bought SH5 yesterday and installed "Wolves of Steel" today; it improves the game tremendously. Thank you!
Just some questions concerning the difficulty level: How can I turn on the torpedo solution (the lead numbers 1,2,3), contacts and my own position on the map?
I tried different difficulty settings in historic missions, but nothing changed. I saw corresponding options in the map menu (the buttom on the bottom right of the map) but nothing changed.
Torpedo loading times are much longer, but that's more realistic, I suppose.
Thank you.

Best,
Brett

ps:
When turning off WoS via mod manager, why do most of my torps just run in circles?

palmic 04-15-17 01:50 PM

Welcome on board, Brett :salute:

You have 2 options.
You can learn how to navigate (it's very easy if you start script for periodical position map fix in top right menu - those 2 gear circles second from bottom of the menu, then real navigation, position on patrol, then one of the options based at your current in-game time.

Navigator will
Then take care about your position at map.
Please be advised, this position fix are not perfect, they includes small mistake, that's ok, until you'll be very near of land, you don't need to have perfect position in map.

All the targeting against ships needs just perfect relative positioning against them, not absolute against land.
This is very realistic and i believe it was not implemented In any other simulator.

Your second option is to disable real navigation part of twos in jsgme (that application where you activated mods in)

palmic 04-15-17 01:55 PM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

Machine stop is too quick for me, best would be between 5-10s.

finchOU 04-16-17 03:03 AM

Spoilers.....up to April 1940

Currently doing the NW approaches mission in the CW campaign. I receive a Coded message saying to RTB to rearm then proceed to Norway at best speed. Can I just refit and proceed there without actually going through the whole process of ending a patrol and choosing the next mission in the CW campaign?

Seems to me that my "days in bunker" will make me miss the actual mission if I end a patrol. I guess what I'm saying is if I don't "choose" the mission as it populates on the map.....can I still get credit for it if I actually go there and do stuff?

Like right now in early march of 1940 there are two missions populated...can I technically do both the Northwestern approaches and South Western approaches at the same time? :hmmm:

palmic 04-16-17 03:30 AM

Yes you have to.
If you dock, your task will be gone.
Get out to Norway now! :salute:

Brett Sinclair 04-16-17 07:29 AM

Thank you for your reply.
I practised realistic navigation and targeting now, and I managed to score a few hits.
But there is no way to turn the realistic option off at all (even with unrealistic settings in-game and realistic navigation disabled in mod manager I have to calculate more things manually)? It may be a heretical question to you, but I'd prefer it this way to start my career.

Best,
Brett

Examiner2 04-16-17 09:10 AM

I can't download the 2.0 version from mediafire, is anyone hosting a torrent of it, or are there any alternative mirrors?

palmic 04-16-17 10:32 AM

Hi Brett, if you managed few hits you are about to be very good Kaleun, in reality, most captains had very bad efficiency of few percents of hits..

Unfortunately i dont know what you should do to bring back old waypoints to the game.
It should be somewhere here

Brett Sinclair 04-16-17 12:44 PM

Thanks, I'll try.
Just reinstalled the vanilla game, trying to get rid of the circling torpedoes.

Best,
Brett

THEBERBSTER 04-16-17 01:59 PM

Hi BS
Waypoints will only be seen when real navigation is disabled.
Nav and TAI header tabs in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer (OFEV) if installed, have waypoint settings that can be set permanently either enabled or disabled.
On your boat you have Nav and TAI Map buttons which you can use to override the permanent settings in the OFEV just for the gaming period you are in.
The OFEV settings are mirrored in both the Nav and TAI map buttons on your boat so is easy to see how the OFEV is set up.

Post #31 Stop Those Circling Torpedoes
Peter

fitzcarraldo 04-16-17 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Examiner2 (Post 2479100)
I can't download the 2.0 version from mediafire, is anyone hosting a torrent of it, or are there any alternative mirrors?

Patience.....MF works. Try and try....

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Brett Sinclair 04-16-17 06:30 PM

Thanks, I'll into those.
Circling torpedos are fine in the vanilla game now; I sunk the Warspite this evening :D I suppose they may return with mods, so thank you very much for the fix.

Best,
Brett

redline202 04-17-17 07:15 AM

Just an idea...
There is a great mod for SH3 that doesn't allow player to go on flank speed for a very long time otherwise it can damage diesel engine. I think it's highly unrealistic that you can go on flank speed for 24h. It would be great if something like that can be implemented in TWOS.

palmic 04-17-17 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redline202 (Post 2479223)
Just an idea...
There is a great mod for SH3 that doesn't allow player to go on flank speed for a very long time otherwise it can damage diesel engine. I think it's highly unrealistic that you can go on flank speed for 24h. It would be great if something like that can be implemented in TWOS.

Agree, this would be another piece of awesomeness here.
I never use flank speed until i am in real danger :salute: