SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

moosenoodles 04-28-15 03:36 PM

Next mission will become available on 4th September 1939...You can chose not to dock in Kiel before that date or you can sail first eastern British patrol without secondary mission... It's up to you...

^^ I can not seem to grasp what you said here.

Its the 16th september and im in Kiel dock... I can not get any mission regardless of what I do on the map. If I go to new patrol it just launches me into the conning tower ready for a patrol ( with no mission set ) and you just mentioned thats a bad thing as if I dock now to try get mission which seems odd as its already past 4th september.. then I will lose a hard to earn point.

so tickle me with a feather here old boy, its the 16th sep, I am in kiel docked now and how do I get the misssion for UK attacks.

edit: the only way I got the mission to show on the 16th september was to go to new patrol, end it, then go back to mission guy and now I can take them. But now I probably have a negative point lol. Makes no sense here, either your sept the 4th date is incorrect or something else is not right.

vdr1981 04-28-15 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosenoodles (Post 2310283)

so tickle me with a feather here old boy, its the 16th sep, I am in kiel docked now and how do I get the misssion for UK attacks.

Go to eastern British coastal waters without additional mission or load save from Danzing operations and wait for 4th Sept to enter the Kiel base. OK now?

moosenoodles 04-28-15 03:52 PM

I am unsure what you are missing here and I sense you are stressing out lol.

this is your post to me just now, read it....

"Go to eastern British coastal waters without additional mission or load save from Danzing operations and wait for 4th Sept to enter the Kiel base. OK now? 04-28-2015 09:36 PM"

what do we see here, oh we see u telling me to wait for 4th sept to enter kiel base. With an OK now? aggressiveness :P

Let us see if you understant now what I am saying once again, because I understand what you said every time I just wanted confirmation on why this was not working, here is the question in laymens terms for you.

I had finished the Danzig mission/s and by time I got to KIEL it was already the 16th of september. THE 16TH OF SEPTEMBER :rotfl2:

what part of this do you not get that the 16th of september is after the 4th of september and I then enter kiel and got no mission offers..

Christ am I going mad here or did you mean 16th september bloody 1940. hahahah god man save my sanity and tell me im not insane.

THE_MASK 04-28-15 04:05 PM

When you enter the bunker in Kiel can you go to the upgrade officer and see if any upgrades like torpedo load out is available .

maillemaker 04-28-15 04:06 PM

Quote:

I dock at kiel with end patrol. There are no new mission areas to click on only baltic operations again. Is this normal?
As was said, and as I learned reading through this thread, the missions in SH5 are date driven.

That means that the missions won't be available except within a certain date window. They are not dependent on what you have done, they are dependent on dates.

Steve

THE_MASK 04-28-15 04:20 PM

If you don't do this step then you will have no missions to select on the briefing map afaik .
''Don't forget to save/reload the game first time you enter the bunker''

moosenoodles 04-28-15 04:21 PM

Neil please save me. :arrgh!:

THE_MASK 04-28-15 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosenoodles (Post 2310290)
Neil please save me. :arrgh!:

LOL . Take a picture to show whats happening , make sure you press Shift + F11 to take the picture .

vdr1981 04-28-15 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosenoodles (Post 2310285)
I am unsure what you are missing here and I sense you are stressing out lol.

this is your post to me just now, read it....

"Go to eastern British coastal waters without additional mission or load save from Danzing operations and wait for 4th Sept to enter the Kiel base. OK now? 04-28-2015 09:36 PM"

what do we see here, oh we see u telling me to wait for 4th sept to enter kiel base. With an OK now? aggressiveness :P

Let us see if you understant now what I am saying once again, because I understand what you said every time I just wanted confirmation on why this was not working, here is the question in laymens terms for you.

I had finished the Danzig mission/s and by time I got to KIEL it was already the 16th of september. THE 16TH OF SEPTEMBER :rotfl2:

what part of this do you not get that the 16th of september is after the 4th of september and I then enter kiel and got no mission offers..

Christ am I going mad here or did you mean 16th september bloody 1940. hahahah god man save my sanity and tell me im not insane.

Hmmm...Be more aggressive?:rotfl2:

Like Sober said, drop some screenshot, I really can't understand what is going on with your game...

Also, did you perform last step of installation as you should? ''Don't forget to save/reload the game first time you enter the bunker''

Sailor Steve 04-28-15 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2310292)
LOL . Take a picture to show whats happening , make sure you press Shift + F11 to take the picture .

Did they change that for SH5? In SH3 and SH4 it's Ctrl + F11. Shift starts a video that makes the FPS pretty much stop.

THEBERBSTER 04-28-15 07:11 PM

I think you are right Steve.

CTRL +F11 takes a single picture (screen shot).
Shift + F11 takes continuous frames.

Peter

THEBERBSTER 04-28-15 07:58 PM

Part of the problem is that until you know who is playing with what set up (No stupid tonnage bar with the freestyle missions) or those on the previous setup without the new mod then confusion is going to continue.

Even before this new set up there seems to be a lack of understanding anyway as to how OHII missions worked.

There is this confusion where having ended the patrol you can just go and get another one, and as some of know it does not work like that.

Having the freestyle missions is going to add to more confusion.

I agree with vecko that how many times do you have to go over the same ground.

With newcomers to the game and others changing over to TWOS it unlikely that they will toil through the hundreds of posts to find an answer.

Every day you see isolated Threads on TWOS problems and queries where it would far more sensible to post it here where you will get a quicker response.

With TWOS becoming even more popular as it will a message in Post #1 and in the installation documentation might calm things down a bit.

FAQ's is definetly a step in the right direction.

I can feel your frustration vecko.

Peter

THE_MASK 04-28-15 08:27 PM

TWOS , is the best thing to happen to SH5 in a long time .

Husksubsky 04-29-15 12:41 AM

Now I m also bit confused:hmmm:. Just installed latest patches and can click northwestern approaches (Im in december 39), but no mission and get the question if I Really want to go wihout a mission. I didn t see that specified in the documentation. intentional? seem logic with freeplay but always heard we must pick mission and see that little box appear. First time I encounter that well within date limits.
It appears to me after some reading up the pages that moosenoodles also experience the same issue. I m not sure what I missed

EDIT: The problem appears after I removed hotfix too so it s something else. What did we do under these surcomstances again..just go without mission? I m ok with that....:)

Husksubsky 04-29-15 01:20 AM

A little from the campaign.cfg..not completed yet(if we talk completed in freeplay)

HTML Code:

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 4]
ObjectiveID=TG_Blockade_of_Germany
Name=Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 4.Name
MapZone=NorthPatrol
ValuePointsProvided=2
FurtherInfo=Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 4.FurtherInfo
StartDate=19390921
EndDate=19400401
IsCompleted=false
IsFailed=false
IsUnlocked=true