SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 04-16-15 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2307136)

Completing missions is important as they are worth Campaign Points thath you need a minimum of 8 from these 6 missions to successfully complete this first Total Germany Campaign before moving to the Happy Times Campaign.

Peter

Not really... Only victory/defeat message between campaigns depends of value points (AKA small Iron crosses). Player needs only one value point in order to complete campaign successfully ...

vdr1981 04-16-15 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 2307100)
I'm having some trouble getting to the next mission early on in the campaign after returning to base before the 'deadline'.
I have read this tutorial post and have tried to follow the instructions but to no avail.

The first time I had the problem what I did was start another patrol without orders and end it on the spot, game time advanced by a couple weeks and I was able to get my coastal waters mission.

Now it should be time for Baltic Ops mission but it's nowhere to be seen on the map, though sometimes the 'baltic ops' tag flashes on the top left, then disappears.

In the patrols themselves (except for those done whenever I returned early to dock), I have always done what requested and completed the in mission objectives.

Curiously, when I exit the game for good, the final message shows that all my mission objectives (Operation Weserübung, Breaking the Fortress etc) are incomplete...

What am I doing wrong?

It may be that your missions are locked because you skipped deadline date of EBCW.

I strongly suggest you to enable this patch last in in your JSGME and restart campaign. It makes all missions date control and deals with tonnage bar bug and tonnage bar it self once and for all...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=195

For now, it's only for first two campaigns but there will be more updates...

PaulB 04-16-15 10:01 AM

Thanks for the feedback.
This is what I have done:

Started campaign and made the very first mission where you just head north of the base and patrol there. Can't remember the name of the base, but it was east of Denmark, near Kiel, and the mission was in the Baltic.

I returned to base and then selected the Scapa Flow mission.
Made the mission, sank one capital ship, returned to port prior to that mission's deadline.

Eastern British Coastal Waters was not yet visible, so I started a patrol without new orders and immediately docked again and ended it. Time had advanced by a couple weeks and then EBCW appeared.
I selected EBCW and made the mission, also returned a little early.
I advanced time using the aforementioned method as upon I return I saw no further missions. Now I think it's mid-Dec 1939 and I am still not getting any new missions whatsover.
What's more, when I exit the game I am shown that even the missions I successfully completed (like Scapa flow) are 'incomplete'.

I'll add the patch suggested above, last after TWOS etc, but is there a way to continue my current save or is it doomed?

vdr1981 04-16-15 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 2307203)
Thanks for the feedback.
This is what I have done:

Started campaign and made the very first mission where you just head north of the base and patrol there. Can't remember the name of the base, but it was east of Denmark, near Kiel, and the mission was in the Baltic.

I returned to base and then selected the Scapa Flow mission.
Made the mission, sank one capital ship, returned to port prior to that mission's deadline.

Eastern British Coastal Waters was not yet visible, so I started a patrol without new orders and immediately docked again and ended it. Time had advanced by a couple weeks and then EBCW appeared.
I selected EBCW and made the mission, also returned a little early.
I advanced time using the aforementioned method as upon I return I saw no further missions. Now I think it's mid-Dec 1939 and I am still not getting any new missions whatsover.
What's more, when I exit the game I am shown that even the missions I successfully completed (like Scapa flow) are 'incomplete'.

I'll add the patch suggested above, last after TWOS etc, but is there a way to continue my current save or is it doomed?

You can edit campaign.cfg file inside your last gamesave but it's better idea to start fresh campaign...

THEBERBSTER 04-16-15 05:37 PM

Hi vdr

Did not realize that.

Not as bad as it could have been.

Good luck with your new Campaign proposals.

Very interesting watching it all coming slowly together.

Peter

vdr1981 04-19-15 06:54 AM

Rongel Lifeboats finally! :D Inspite certain CTD problems with this mod in historical missions, it seems that there isn't any problems in the campaign.

With this hot fix I'm putting an end on whole tonnage bar and tonnage bar bug story but changes will become obvious after player's restart or advancement to the next campaign...

The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix changelog:

Snapshot changes:
- Player is now allowed to designate unit for deck gun attack by pressing space key while looking at the unit through binoculars
- Added some color to the map tools

Other tweaks:
- Menu.txt : Edited defeat message which appears between campaigns
- Revised DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch, some files are replaced with original from the main DynEnv mod.
- Waves settings : added more reflection and shape settings
- Disabled "object linket to function" in NBB_QueenElizabeth zon file to prevent CTD's/ FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files v2

Added mods:
- Grossdeutscher Rundfunk New Remix 1939-1945_CTD Fix
- SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
- FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files v2
- OHII v2.5 - No Stupid Tonnage Bar_Free Style Campaign_IO Strat.Map TDWv750 (Make sure to read documentation for this patch found in TWoS Documentation folder)

Removed mods:
-
Installation:
1. This is Hotfix is not cumulative so it has to be enabled with JSGME after The Wolves of Steel 1.03-Patch 5 and before optional patches. Your activated modlist should look like this:

The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix

The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - TDW Real Navigation *(optional mod)
The Wolves of Steel - *x* Resolution Patch *(optional mod)

2.Start TDW's genericpatcher.exe and restore Snapshot found in "SH5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/Snapshot" folder.

* Enable the patch in the port or at the sea when you don't have any AI units in your rendering area.
* Some changes will kick in after camping restart or after player's advance to the next campaign.
* Grossdeutscher Rundfunk New Remix 1939-1945_CTD Fix is not needed anymore...

zuff 04-19-15 09:28 AM

Fantastic vdr1981! Starting a new campaign on this lazy Sunday, looking forward to it. :up:

Husksubsky 04-19-15 02:50 PM

Thx for update VDR.
Finally finished tuning the autoscripts. It s here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ag..._WOS_tuned.rar

The file itself is called version 04 still so it overwrites. I guess VDR will add it to next patch, but thers no danger adding it with jsgme.
Added a new section ..Patrolarealurk-- wich just bafflesearch and surface to load batteries and refresh oxygen. Brilliant if you want to search but save fuel. I used the VII B when I made it and hope it will work for the other boats aswell. Use obsscope instead of attack before surface now. I added TDW automation txt file from new ui s since it s not so easy to dig that up the way we are modding in WOS . It s logical and not hard. Just all the timing stuff that took ages. The tc I use (and like) is not for ppl in a hurry. I think the 64x no station scripst use approx 1 hour on 24 hours gametime.
Pls tell if something don t work or seem strange..FE (fueleconomy) scripts are just duplicates with different speed. I didn t test every single one.

A bit more here on first post of the aoutoscript thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...00&postcount=1

Deep_Hunter 04-19-15 03:09 PM

Wow, this game is getting more and more perfection, thx a lot!!! :rock:
Is there a way to get the radiomessages in german? I only read about that old Deutschmod, are there any other translations?

kunral 04-20-15 12:16 PM

Hi all.

I have not seen this issue posted nor found anything via Google.

I have a legit copy of SH5 via Uplay. It is patched to 1.2.

The only Mods I am using is the Wolves of steel Mega mod pack + WoS Patch 5 and patch 5 hotfix in that order.

My issue was initially a freeze after I leave Kiel harbor to head towards the UK. (after completing Danzig mission and heading to Kiel I made a save when I entered the bunker. On reload I get a new mission but only option was a repeat of Danzig. I take Danzig, enter patrol then re-enter base and speak to mission giver where the new UK missions are available so I take the Missions near the UK. I then get a freeze traveling up the baltic sea.)

Then I decided not to take Danzig mission again in case it was causing conflicts so I talk to the mission giver where the (UK missions not available), I choose to go on patrol with no mission and then re-enter the base which then allows me to choose the UK missions. This time I get a CTD every time I get out of the harbor and onto the open sea.

I have managed to get onto the UK missions before but that was stock SH5. Also this is the second time I have installed SH5 with WoS and have the same issues.

I was hoping someone may have come across this before and could put me right.

Thank you.

BrianB 04-20-15 02:41 PM

Hi,

I am new to the forums and SH5 so bear with me :)
First let me say Hi to everyone and vdr1981 - love the Wolves of Steel Mod! Great work.
Now for the issue :hmmm:

I am only using the Wolves of Steel Mega mod pack, the WoS Patch 5 and the patch 5 hotfix in that order.

My issue started with the install of the new patch 5 hotfix. When I first installed the patch the game wouldn’t load fully, never got past the main startup screen. (Maybe a corrupted download) I re-downloaded the patch hotfix and installed EVERYTHING as a fresh install, game loaded this run. Now the game will freeze at random points, sometimes the deck guns will work fully other times they won’t move(no aiming), they will still fire. Also the game will freeze when using time compression if I try to do anything else (even if just reading a radio message). The other thing I noticed is when starting a new campaign it does not give me the option to skip the tutorial like it did prior to the patch 5 hotfix.
I also cannot load a saved point in the game, I have to start a new campaign.
Any ideas?

On a separate note I was wondering if someone could tell me if in SH5 you should still use the app “large address aware” to get access to the additional memory available, like in SH4 and if so can that app can be used with the Wolves of Steel Mod.
And when I install the game I get the notification that says I am not using the most updated graphics driver and says I am using the Graphics Driver version 150.152 – as you can see by my system and graphics info I am using the Driver Version: 9.18.13.5012 which was just released Driver Date/Size: 4/8/2015.

Thanks for the help :)

System:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p7-1074
BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/28/11 19:32:03 Ver: 6.11
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Video Card:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA 02G-P4-2966-KR GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card)
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_29683842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4018 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1970 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Model: S242HL
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.5012 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.5012
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/8/2015 20:58:18, 15818528 bytes
Driver Strong Name: oem147.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section 144:9.18.13.5012:pci\ven_10de&dev_1401

Husksubsky 04-20-15 03:27 PM

All I can say is I never heard of it before . Haven t installed hotfix, but two players with the same error makes me suspect the hotfix. maybe wind back and drop hotfix and put the rundfunkel fix instead?. :hmm2:

vdr1981 04-20-15 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husksubsky (Post 2308154)
All I can say is I never heard of it before . Haven t installed hotfix, but two players with the same error makes me suspect the hotfix. maybe wind back and drop hotfix and put the rundfunkel fix instead?. :hmm2:

And all I can say is Repetitio est mater studiorum...:D
Be more concentrated while reading those instructions guys...I really doubt that's happening because of the hotfix but again , anything is possible...:hmm2:

EDIT:
And yes, you can ignore driver message...

BrianB 04-20-15 04:58 PM

Well did a fresh install without applying the hotfix and the issues seem to be non-existent for now (at least haven’t run into them)
I will try a fresh download of the hotfix (it’s possible my original download was corrupt or something happened in the install of it).

As for following the instructions, well the only comment I will make on that is, was followed to a T - I do programming for a living so understand the complexity of following installation instructions ;)

Vdr1981, what’s your take on the app “large address aware”? Is it needed with SH5 and is it compatible with your mod?

PaulB 04-20-15 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunral (Post 2308105)
Hi all.

I have not seen this issue posted nor found anything via Google.

I have a legit copy of SH5 via Uplay. It is patched to 1.2.

The only Mods I am using is the Wolves of steel Mega mod pack + WoS Patch 5 and patch 5 hotfix in that order.

My issue was initially a freeze after I leave Kiel harbor to head towards the UK. (after completing Danzig mission and heading to Kiel I made a save when I entered the bunker. On reload I get a new mission but only option was a repeat of Danzig. I take Danzig, enter patrol then re-enter base and speak to mission giver where the new UK missions are available so I take the Missions near the UK. I then get a freeze traveling up the baltic sea.)

Then I decided not to take Danzig mission again in case it was causing conflicts so I talk to the mission giver where the (UK missions not available), I choose to go on patrol with no mission and then re-enter the base which then allows me to choose the UK missions. This time I get a CTD every time I get out of the harbor and onto the open sea.

I have managed to get onto the UK missions before but that was stock SH5. Also this is the second time I have installed SH5 with WoS and have the same issues.

I was hoping someone may have come across this before and could put me right.

Thank you.

I've essentially had the same issue.
Before the hotfix I was able to play the Danzig mission and then proceed with the Scapa Flow mission, no problems at all.
After the hotfix, I started a new campaign, completed the Danzig mission and docked at Kiel Sept 3, 1939. As I was a little early, I then did the "start patrol without new orders-dock immediately-get new mission" trick to get access to BTF/EBCW.
I chose Scapa Flow (BTF). Twice I got a CTD upon trying to start the patrol.
Third time I actually got into the boat and set the harbour pilot for Kiel outbound via canal.
Well, I got another CTD soon after I got into the canal.

Only thing that's changed in my game is the addition of the hotfix (and deletion of the Grossdeutscherrundfunk patch) and the updated autoscripts, so this makes me wonder.
JGSME Mod order:
TWoS 1.03
TWoS 1.03 patch 5
TWoS 1.03 patch 5 hotfix
TWoS 16x9 Resolution patch
autoscripts1.0_WOS_tuned

I thought it could just be my game but since others are experiencing the same issue, perhaps there's more to it.