SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Eternal Patrol (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Tribute to Abraham: Eternal Patrol (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123254)

Jimbuna 10-12-07 12:41 PM

The circumstances certainly appear to be as suspicious as anything I have ever read or come across :hmm:

RickC Sniper 10-12-07 01:37 PM

A sad and tragic loss.

I have no desire to play detective.

Takeda Shingen 10-12-07 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickC Sniper
A sad and tragic loss.

Agreed.

Fish 10-12-07 03:37 PM

Quote:

A sad and tragic loss.

Right, let us remember him as WE know him.

Romulus 10-12-07 06:34 PM

I seldom post here, but such a death is always a tragedy,by all accounts he was a very well respected member ofthe Subsim community......

Why not name this forum after him, if it's too late for the Almanac?

Skybird 10-12-07 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romulus
I seldom post here, but such a death is always a tragedy,by all accounts he was a very well respected member ofthe Subsim community......

Why not name this forum after him, if it's too late for the Almanac?

Because we can safely assume that in a place with 17000+ members there are many other courageous people as well, even if they remain a much lower profile than Abraham did - but we only have so many forums, but not more. ;) :D

I have the impression of Abraham that he wouldn't have liked it. A mind as light and open to the world as his should not be enforced into heavy stone of monuments.

"Why can angels fly? Because they take themselves easy!"

Onkel Neal 10-12-07 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish
Quote:

A sad and tragic loss.

Right, let us remember him as WE know him.

Well said. I wish he was still here, it would be nice to hear from him.

Torplexed 10-12-07 10:38 PM

Audieu Abraham. For some reason the poem from the frontspiece of Iron Coffins comes to mind.:cry: Must be the hat.

http://www.neptoonsorbit.com/AbrahamTribute.jpg

Flick 10-13-07 07:15 AM

R.I.P. Abraham

Perseus 10-13-07 11:36 AM

Didn't know him. Do know some people around him, though. And while it is always wise never to speak ill of the dead, he should have known better than to further his acquintance with certain people in the Amsterdam real estate underworld.

Although unrelated to his death, apparently, it isn't wise to keep meeting certain people when others have warned you many a times not to. At one point he went too deep, too far, and before he knew it, like so many he found that he was stuck in the mud. And so be became a crown witness.

He died while taking a warm bath, having taken MDMA and drinking wine. Alcohol makes blood move faster, and being submerged in warm water only makes the blood flow even fast as it moves the veins close to the skin more.

The exact cause of death is still not clear - MDMA overdose due to the MDMA arriving approximately twice as fast in the brain due to circumstances described above - or from drowning after passing out. No one knows. The woman who called the police is still in custody, on unclear grounds.

Goose_green 10-13-07 12:08 PM

I'm not a regular here but I drift in now and then, never new Abraham but it's a real tragic loss to hear of this horrible news:cry: Such a tragic way to go, I hope the person responsible is brought to justice:nope:

RIP Abraham

Kongo Otto 10-13-07 12:55 PM

A guy who has the guts to stand against a major Mobster like Holleeder,always earns my respect. RIP Abraham.

btw.
isn´t Holleeder the major XTC dealer in the Netherlands.Just a simple thought.
I hope this bastard gets what he deserves,but he was sentenced to a 12 year term for the 1983 kidnapping of Freddie Heineken, and he was just 5 years in jail.
NL justice system sucks.

Fish 10-13-07 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kongo Otto
btw.
isn´t Holleeder the major XTC dealer in the Netherlands.

This is Willem Holleder.

Quote:

Grenade Attack on Courthouse Fails to Halt ‘Trial of the Century’
2 April 2007

Two grenades were fired at 3.00 yesterday morning at the high-security courthouse in Amsterdam-Osdorp, nicknamed ‘the Bunker’. No-one was hurt, but considerable damage was caused.(cont.)

The assumption is that the attack was intended to delay the trial of Willem Holleder, a major figure in the Amsterdam criminal world, who was sentenced to 11 years imprisonment in 1987 for his part in the abduction of beer baron Freddy Heineken. The trial was transferred to the Palace of Justice in the Parnassusweg, Amsterdam, and began yesterday afternoon behind closed doors. Holleeder is accused of extortion, assault and membership of criminal organisations. An investigation is also currently looking into Holleeder’s possible connection with a number of liquidations on the criminal scene in the last few years. Prominent criminal lawyer, Bram Moskowitz, who has represented Holleeder’s interests for more than 20 years, has withdrawn from the defence.
http://www.thehagueonline.com/articl...ive=0&category=

caspofungin 10-13-07 04:47 PM

just checked in after a few days away -- i'm speechless. rip, abraham, i'm sorry i never met you in the flesh.

Kptlt. Neuerburg 10-14-07 12:59 AM

Ich hatt einen kameraden. Wir alles had ein kamerad."The ships destory us above, and ensnare us beneath. We arise, we lie down, we move in the belly of Death." Rudyard Kipling. Personaly I did not know Abraham, but most of us here did. We must remember what he was, not what he is. Rest in Peace Abraham. Abraham we hardly knew ye.