SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Wolfcat 12-19-19 11:08 PM

Hi, I just bought SH5 from steam. I realized that I cannot enter the game without recreating a UPlay account first. Would that cause me not be able to use TWoS mod? I am not sure what is Uplay version and what is not? Would linking my game to Uplay automatically turn it into a Uplay version?

boogieman335 12-20-19 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfcat (Post 2641098)
Hi, I just bought SH5 from steam. I realized that I cannot enter the game without recreating a UPlay account first. Would that cause me not be able to use TWoS mod? I am not sure what is Uplay version and what is not? Would linking my game to Uplay automatically turn it into a Uplay version?

The Steam version and Uplay versions are different. But you need it updated to version 1.20. Once you have it updated run the TWoS installer and be sure to run the Steam conversion. Then follow the directions for the rest of the install. When you launch the game after that do not launch it from steam. Either launch it directly from the SH5.exe or make a shortcut to it on your desktop and launch the game from there. This will cause it to bypass Steam because the conversion process sort of turns it into a CD version of the SH5.exe but if you launch it from steam then steam will be trying to update it. I use the Steam version and I actually don't even launch Steam to play this game after the conversion. It will still launch uplay but you can use it in offline mode.

GrenSo 12-20-19 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2641053)
If you look back on page 849 of this thread you will see the post I made about using the latest version of Reshade with SH5 TWoS.

Ok, than it is this one you told in past and I already use. :Kaleun_Salute:

boogieman335 12-21-19 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2641113)
Ok, than it is this one you told in past and I already use. :Kaleun_Salute:

OK sorry for the confusion. They have updated the Reshade. exe since I made that post but my understanding is it is just fixes for use with the Vulkan API, so it won't affect use with SH5 which runs on the DX9 API.

Wolfcat 12-23-19 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2641102)
The Steam version and Uplay versions are different. But you need it updated to version 1.20. Once you have it updated run the TWoS installer and be sure to run the Steam conversion. Then follow the directions for the rest of the install. When you launch the game after that do not launch it from steam. Either launch it directly from the SH5.exe or make a shortcut to it on your desktop and launch the game from there. This will cause it to bypass Steam because the conversion process sort of turns it into a CD version of the SH5.exe but if you launch it from steam then steam will be trying to update it. I use the Steam version and I actually don't even launch Steam to play this game after the conversion. It will still launch uplay but you can use it in offline mode.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the tips.

palmic 12-23-19 09:13 PM

Shonne Weinachten!

Merry Christmas to you all and especially to you Vecko! :salute:

https://i.etsystatic.com/18815367/r/...02646_dwud.jpg

wzartz 12-24-19 04:16 AM

Is it necessary to request a mission from port? I dont want to have negative ratings from starting a new patrol and dock again for the sake of new missions to pop up

vdr1981 12-24-19 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2641685)
Merry Christmas to you all and especially to you Vecko! :salute:

https://i.etsystatic.com/18815367/r/...02646_dwud.jpg

:salute::Kaleun_Salute::salute:

skin-nl 12-24-19 10:51 AM

Thanks for the update Vecko :up:

And i wish all of you Happy Holidays :salute:

Michael

fitzcarraldo 12-24-19 11:10 AM

Happy Holidays to all!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

boogieman335 12-24-19 12:17 PM

Happy Holidays everyone and looking forward to a new year.

https://imgur.com/gallery/6OZ0aLA
just a link to some screen shots made with my Boogie's refit mod in TWoS with
Reshade ver 4.5.2 . :Kaleun_Cheers:

sub2604 12-25-19 04:37 AM

Aces Campaign for SH5

Hey guys! Anyone out there made a mod for SH5 like an Aces Campaign.
No fixed parameters to complete.. Just go out and sink shipping like the real Uboat boys did.
I don't even bother anymore seeing that my tonnage is not taken into account, just to complete their mission objectives. Not fun at all!
Must say though, just got the Uboat missions for SH4 working, much better than 5.

Captain_AJ 12-27-19 10:02 PM

On mY Boat

Hello, my fellow SubSimmers .OF. WOS!! finally, Back after a huge Session of constant work and without my desktop Merry Christmas Happy New Year!! I need to get a gaming laptop LOL. Now doing the Campaign
Western Approaches Just leaving Keil on a tack to my rally Patrol point Salute All

Noobicum4Ever 12-28-19 04:44 AM

Hi SubSim members! After I finish the missions in SH3 & GWX I want to play SH5 & WoS but I saw that there are some issues with Uplay. I bought the games on Steam (it was exciting to discover the Tomb Raider series, the Novalogic series, the Silent Hunter series).

Unfortunately I could not run the SH5 on the old laptop, although theoretically the specifications were sufficient. But I bought a new laptop:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

I bought Lock On: Modern Air Combat from Uplay because I wanted to play this childhood game. Since then Silent Hunter 5, although I only bought it from Steam, appeared on Uplay.

Today, I installed the game, I installed WoS and I opened a mission and it opened. Now I'm not sure if it works properly.

I am very upset, I struggle quite a bit with Silent Hunter III & GWX because it causes all kinds of problems. Each time I reinstall it, which is why I can't play a campaign, only missions.

my fear: if the problems are only with Uplay, and my game now appears on Uplay even though I only bought it from Steam, will I have problems with WoS? Or is it something normal that happens to all players?
Because it seems like an abuse to consider my game as being from Uplay, can I write to Ubisoft to fix my problem?

Please, are there any solutions?

PS: If you think I've written silly or easy-to-solve stuff: I work, I have my family, my time is limited even to playing war games. I have neither the time nor the disposition to acquire advanced knowledge about computers, programs, compatibilities. For this reason I ask for your help!

THEBERBSTER 12-28-19 08:48 AM

Hi N4E
No problems with STEAM and Uplay.
The Uplay download and DVD installations are the ones with problems.
I have fixes for both of these in my SH5 tutorials.
Peter

propbeanie 12-28-19 09:11 PM

I have a Steam SH3 and SH5 install on my Windows 10 computer. Since I did not have a Steam or disk SH4 for this computer, I purchased a UPlay SH4 and installed that. Its installer "saw" my Steam SH3 & SH5, and put them on the UPlay menu. However, you can still start them through the Steam front-end, which is what I would do. I also installed TWoS mod, and it does fine on my system. The main thing is to NOT have the Silent Hunter games in a "Program Files" folder on your system. I altered my Steam install path to "C:\Games \Steam..." which still put parts of Steam itself in the "Program Files (x86)" folder, but the games ended up in the "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApps \Common\..." folder... :salute:

Noobicum4Ever 12-29-19 06:37 AM

Thank you!

excel4004 12-29-19 03:30 PM

Vecko, please delete in KSD Comander my old Kaleun: Elite flotilla place 23.H.J.Hellriegel v.1 (excel4004) 7280 points. Thank you!:salute:
After deleting iam again able to select the picture from H.J.Hellriegel in KSD for my actual campaign.

EDIT: I was able to delete the account. All fine now. :D

Now that KSD ist again working (online modus) - what is kind of fantastic - i was motivated to start again a new campaign with 100% realism.

Mare Nostrum, is now the time of war, "happy" to visit soon La Spezia, after a hopefully clean "Durchbruch" trough Gibraltar.

Quick feedback about 2.2.17: Incredible visual update, just beautiful! And like i said, happy that KSD is back online! :up:

Also thanks for selecting "Officer icons as Stations", love it!

:subsim:

captaintpaul 12-29-19 05:06 PM

Dear sir I know that this is not the place for this question but I am just starting and I am at a loss.I have SH5 and the wolves of steel installed.Whenever I select the navigation map the game just exits to the desktop without any warning or a crash can you please help me with this?
Thanks in advance,:Kaleun_Salute:

derstosstrupp 01-01-20 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2642167)
Hello, my fellow SubSimmers .OF. WOS!! finally, Back after a huge Session of constant work and without my desktop Merry Christmas Happy New Year!! I need to get a gaming laptop LOL. Now doing the Campaign
Western Approaches Just leaving Keil on a tack to my rally Patrol point Salute All

Welcome back AJ - now c’mon back to Wolfpack too and run with us in the Campaign!