SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 07-26-18 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milano (Post 2562936)
Hello all, I have been searching for an answer to this issue and cannot find one. If this has been helped already please point me in the right direction.

However, I installed it verbatim via the install directions. Played it for awhile saved exited, tried to play it again and steam has the error "missing executable".

I uninstalled it all. including the My Documents. Reinstalled the game. Started the unmodded SH5. Installed and Wolves following the install directions. And it is missing the executable again. Rinse and repeat all the above verifying that Norton Security is off, Read Only is NOT selected, administer rights etc etc. Same problem.

I have a laptop, Win10 Home. i3-2330m processor. 6GB RAM. the game is from Steam. (I am not too into computers so be gentle with me)

If anyone has any advise please help, I really want to play this mod

Hi Milano :salute:
- Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version.
- What is your version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam)
- Provide a screenshot which shows all content of your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder.

hauangua 07-26-18 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milano (Post 2562936)
Hello all, I have been searching for an answer to this issue and cannot find one. If this has been helped already please point me in the right direction.

However, I installed it verbatim via the install directions. Played it for awhile saved exited, tried to play it again and steam has the error "missing executable".

I uninstalled it all. including the My Documents. Reinstalled the game. Started the unmodded SH5. Installed and Wolves following the install directions. And it is missing the executable again. Rinse and repeat all the above verifying that Norton Security is off, Read Only is NOT selected, administer rights etc etc. Same problem.

I have a laptop, Win10 Home. i3-2330m processor. 6GB RAM. the game is from Steam. (I am not too into computers so be gentle with me)

If anyone has any advise please help, I really want to play this mod

Where you have installed Steam? Program (x86)? No install in this folder
You install TWoS in correct folder?... Steam /steamapps/common/silent hunter 5....

Tonci87 07-26-18 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2562876)
Can anyone tell me what Gegnerfahrt means in English? Tafel is I assume a table

As the topic of my post says. Always learning. I would like to understand this chart and use it .. Range And speed as it says can be derived for the data on this chart, AOB can be used recorded with Aspect ratio observed & Aspect referenced using the attack disk -- thanks for the interpretation if you all kindly would do that

https://i.imgur.com/cQX2Hgi.png

I´ll try to help with the translation.

Upper left chart:
E-Messtafel (I guess E stands for Entfernung=Distance) Distance Chart

Writing under the ships:
Träger und Schlachtschiffe = Carriers and Battleships
Schwere Kreuzer = Heavy Cruisers
Leichte Kreuzer = Light Cruisers
Zerstörer = Destroyer
Korvetten = Corvettes
S-Boot = Patrol Boats

Ziellänge in Metern = Target length in meters

Vergrößerung = Magnification

How to use the chart? No idea

Lower left chart:
Lagewinkel Schätzung = AOB Estimation

How to use it?
Well I guess that if you measure the aspect ratio observed you can deduce the AOB from this chart.

Right side chart:
Gegnerfahrt Tafel = Enemy speed chart

How to use it?
No clue. I guess the upper row stands for the targets length.
The left side vertical one could stand for the enemy's speed, and the numbers in the chart would then be the seconds it takes the ship to pass through your cross hair.

All in all I think this chart is pretty useless.
You can measure the distance far better with the RAOBF or the rangefinder, the AOB can be calculated precisely with the RAOBF and the enemy's speed can be measured with the U-Jagd clock.

palmic 07-27-18 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2562918)
We should all rename you, Admiral Peter Berster... Thank you, Peter,
:Kaleun_Salute:

And his posts collection The Berbsterpedia :)

Milano 07-27-18 08:15 AM

Well for some reason (read.. I must have done something different) it is now working properly.

I do have one issue though. Because I am playing on an older lap top with a mouse pad I do not have access to a scroll wheel. (technically I do but I must push both buttons then scroll and it doesn't seem to work to zoom in with the periscope. Is there a key command to zoom? Is there a key mapper for Wolves? I see that there are some downloads that change the keys but It's an additional mod and I just got it working. Any solutions that you all can suggest?

Thank you for the help and the GREAT mod

DiddumsJ 07-27-18 10:57 AM

hello everyone!

Id like to start playing SH5 with wolves of steel megamod, but I want to know if its possible with steam version (and if its very difficult, many different downloads etc) or if I should try to buy the game somewhere else?

Im sorry, and slightly embarrassed, to ask like this. I know the information is available, but it seems so overwhelming to find what I need..

Thanks a million! :subsim:

Muckenberg 07-27-18 10:58 AM

Greetings Steel Wolves
Today I was attacked by the RAF bomber on my return from the US coast. How real. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: I reported classical contact and started fighting on the plane with the plane. What surprised me that the Bf 109 appeared in a moment and the bomber shot down. This was my first career in SH5 for my career. From 2015, from January. Is it possible that a contact was reported and the game sent a fighter? I know that the bombers should work, but the fighter really surprised me, so I'm asking. :Kaleun_Salute:

Milano 07-27-18 11:05 AM

@ Diddums.. I have the Steam version also and it is easy to install etc. Just follow the instructions SPECIFICALLY. It is easy though. I made a backup of the game (I think it is STEAM, in the menu bar across the top, then backup) so that if I messed it up I wasn't eating up all my bandwidth to try installing again.

Captain_AJ 07-27-18 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2562971)
I´ll try to help with the translation.

Upper left chart:
E-Messtafel (I guess E stands for Entfernung=Distance) Distance Chart

Writing under the ships:
Träger und Schlachtschiffe = Carriers and Battleships
Schwere Kreuzer = Heavy Cruisers
Leichte Kreuzer = Light Cruisers
Zerstörer = Destroyer
Korvetten = Corvettes
S-Boot = Patrol Boats

Ziellänge in Metern = Target length in meters

Vergrößerung = Magnification

How to use the chart? No idea

Lower left chart:
Lagewinkel Schätzung = AOB Estimation

How to use it?
Well I guess that if you measure the aspect ratio observed you can deduce the AOB from this chart.

Right side chart:
Gegnerfahrt Tafel = Enemy speed chart

How to use it?
No clue. I guess the upper row stands for the targets length.
The left side vertical one could stand for the enemy's speed, and the numbers in the chart would then be the seconds it takes the ship to pass through your cross hair.

All in all I think this chart is pretty useless.
You can measure the distance far better with the RAOBF or the rangefinder, the AOB can be calculated precisely with the RAOBF and the enemy's speed can be measured with the U-Jagd clock.

Thank You, Tonic for your reply.:)! , I don't use RAFOB for all my calculations the current RAFOB IN TWOS is not as good as previous TDW mods, similar to what you see IN Stoiams youtube tutorial. However, I do use the tick marks to find the Aspect ratio Observed. Once you know what the Aspect ratio referenced is and the Aspect ratio referenced, the Attack Disk on the back side will give you AOB. Speed and Range. ( I wish I was able to make a Youtube tutorial that will explain its use) .. basically saying, the AD is an Awesome tool. with all the information is given, you do not have to shoot on a perfect 90 AOB. Once you know the course. THE AD disk will clearly point out the AOB
range. And speed -- there are a lot of tools in the sim to learn. I just recently saw a video with an old-time submariner that kinda of explained the method of 1/3.1/4 1/2 3/4 in this chart. I have to look for a scope that has tick marks in the scope already without calling up the RAFOB wheel. way too many pauses to do calculation's, Once Again for helping with the interpretation's :Kaleun_Salute:

DiddumsJ 07-27-18 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milano (Post 2563082)
@ Diddums.. I have the Steam version also and it is easy to install etc. Just follow the instructions SPECIFICALLY. It is easy though. I made a backup of the game (I think it is STEAM, in the menu bar across the top, then backup) so that if I messed it up I wasn't eating up all my bandwidth to try installing again.

Thanks a lot! I suppose Ill give it a try. :)

Darkara 07-28-18 01:46 AM

Hey guys, thanks for this damn great mod. I got it after a while to work and I´m damn happy with it.

A little question, that i couldn´t find a answer to.

I tried to edit some files, like some of the \silent hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE things for specialabilites cooldown and so. But it looks like they don´t work. Has somebody a tip for me maybe?

I tried already a new carreer but nothing happens.

THEBERBSTER 07-28-18 03:42 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community And TWoS > Darkara
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

excel4004 07-28-18 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2563044)
And his posts collection The Berbsterpedia :)

Peter is a priceless treasure for the community - god bless THE BERBSTER!

:subsim::subsim::subsim:

Captain_AJ 07-28-18 10:30 AM

Currently In operation Drumbeat and on the third re-supply. I have 13 kills at the moment .. at 100% setting !! the question is when does the re-supply stop .. Ill stay on this side of the world in front of the USA until the virtual bastards find my U-77 and sink my boat... lol not gonna happen -- I am so hooked ON SH5 this time and getting fat from sitting on my computer for so long :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 07-28-18 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2563081)
Greetings Steel Wolves
Today I was attacked by the RAF bomber on my return from the US coast. How real. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: I reported classical contact and started fighting on the plane with the plane. What surprised me that the Bf 109 appeared in a moment and the bomber shot down. This was my first career in SH5 for my career. From 2015, from January. Is it possible that a contact was reported and the game sent a fighter? I know that the bombers should work, but the fighter really surprised me, so I'm asking. :Kaleun_Salute:

Air to air dogfights are SH5 exclusive due to appropriate TDW's patches. These situations are quite rare though but they will happen eventually as you have already witnessed...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2563180)
Currently In operation Drumbeat and on the third re-supply. I have 13 kills at the moment .. at 100% setting !! the question is when does the re-supply stop .. Ill stay on this side of the world in front of the USA until the virtual bastards find my U-77 and sink my boat... lol not gonna happen -- I am so hooked ON SH5 this time and getting fat from sitting on my computer for so long :Kaleun_Salute:

Happy hunting Captain ! :salute: