SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

cherbert 02-21-14 07:58 PM

Ignore me

von faust 02-22-14 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo82 (Post 2177243)
The size RAOBF can help you. Using "Pain.NET" edit files:
-RAOBFInner.dds
-RAOBFOuter.dds
data / Menu / Gui / Layout
In "Pain.NET" when you open the file, click on the Layers / Rotate Zoom (Ctrl + Shift + Z) and set the Zoom. x0.94 helped me. Save the files.

Now it work fine. Thank You !!! :up:

602Sqn_Puff 02-22-14 09:23 AM

Vdr..I have managed now to get the speed to work, it required a fresh career start { even though I had already done this }

I have another small issue that is driving me mad lol...do you or anyone else have the issue of the heading/course altering by a few degrees on its own accord? It moves and when I'm using time compression I notice drifting from the plotted course, check the heading and find its had moved by one or two degs from the initial course I had set.

I may have to bench the real nav for now, its very difficult to play when your boats rudder moves on its own, one deg isn't much but over distance its a very large discrepency and without the alt controls/mouse wheel scrolling working for the heading, its a pain to try and correct with using the large compass/heading dial

Kev

EDIT: Found the culprit to the alt control/scroll wheel not working in the game, its due to the The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - TDW Real Navigation_7_4_2 patch, I disabled this to fix the above issue and the scroll wheel now works on the heading bar to change course.

vdr1981 02-22-14 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo82 (Post 2177250)
That's what I'm doing but I have a little problem with the upload.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8k...ograph_Fix.rar

Additionally, it is reduced nomograph.

How I helped beat bravo :D

This works very well, tnx for the fix. I'll probably include it in the next update of TWoS megamod...:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff (Post 2177485)
Vdr..I have managed now to get the speed to work, it required a fresh career start { even though I had already done this }

Just like that?:doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff (Post 2177485)
I have another small issue that is driving me mad lol...do you or anyone else have the issue of the heading/course altering by a few degrees on its own accord? It moves and when I'm using time compression I notice drifting from the plotted course, check the heading and find its had moved by one or two degs from the initial course I had set.

I may have to bench the mod for now, its very difficult to play when your boats rudder moves on its own, one deg isn't much but over distance its a very large discrepency and without the alt controls/mouse wheel scrolling working for the heading, its a pain to try and correct with using the large compass/heading dial

Kev

Yes, I noticed that too and this could be due to slightly reduced submarine's left-rigt drag coefficients , especially in roughs seas. This is very realistic feature IMO and I was very happy to see that rough seas could actually move submarine a bit from desired course.

GT182 02-22-14 12:48 PM

Vdr, one question. If we don't want to use *The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - TDW Real Navigation_7_4_2, can it be left out of the installation?

vdr1981 02-22-14 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 2177555)
Vdr, one question. If we don't want to use *The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - TDW Real Navigation_7_4_2, can it be left out of the installation?

Sure...

GT182 02-22-14 01:52 PM

Great! :up: :salute:

Now to get the WoS mega mod installed. :D

Derpy77 02-23-14 11:57 AM

Hey there first thanks for the great mod but i have a little problmen
the sonar guy ist spamming with new contact but its allways the same ship/ships can i turn him down somehow? That guy just wont shut up!

vdr1981 02-23-14 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derpy77 (Post 2177873)
Hey there first thanks for the great mod but i have a little problmen
the sonar guy ist spamming with new contact but its allways the same ship/ships can i turn him down somehow? That guy just wont shut up!

It's because of the Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1 mod which is nowhere near its completion.That's sonarman can be so annoying...

Just remove The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Tscharlii's Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1 _7_4_2 if you can't stand it...

ironcold 02-23-14 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2177900)
It's because of the Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1 mod which is nowhere near its completion.That's sonarman can be so annoying...

Just remove The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Tscharlii's Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1 _7_4_2 if you can stand it...

Hi vdr1981. First,thanks for your work to give us this working Mega-mod.
This sonarmen annoying me to, so I removed Tscharlii's Realistic Hydrophone.
But now,this happens: Bridgecrew reports Smoke on Horizon. Ok, I'm going down
to verify is it a Frighter or a warship, at Periscopedeep nothing to hear with
Kdb-Hydrophone, going down to 50 meters, stop the Engine - nothing to hear.
Go back to Perideep, check the target: its a passenger steamer, not a sailboat.
This case happen's only sometimes , in the most case's, hydrophone works fine.
Question: Are there any Ship's modelled , wich are not connect with the Sh5-
soundfile or the sdl? :timeout:

Tindahbawx 02-23-14 06:00 PM

Awesome modpack, loving it! :up:

Just one question... is it ok to load Manos Scope Mod of top of this or will that mess something up, given that there already is a scope mod in the pack?

Edit: Having a repeatable CTD with it now though, started a new campaign. If I choose to approach the destroyers from the first mission "Investigate / Report on Task Force" once they get within 10km or so the game will crash every time, without fail.

R1fl3M4n 02-24-14 05:46 PM

nice ! :)

RushTheBus 02-24-14 06:18 PM

How much of the mod is it feasible for a user to edit? There are a few dynamic environment mods I would like to add.

vdr1981 02-24-14 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushTheBus (Post 2178383)
How much of the mod is it feasible for a user to edit? There are a few dynamic environment mods I would like to add.

Which one?

RushTheBus 02-24-14 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2178385)
Which one?

Sorry about that my original post..I was confused for a second about your question (in class).

I use the dynamic Env. main mod w/ high resolution sea bottom, Atlantic kelp, realistic colors, sleet for winter campaigns. I also use TDW's exhaust smoke, the better sea foam mod that is compatible w/ dynamic env., and the more realistic shadow's fix/mod. I also use SteelVinking's interior 1.2 mod coupled with another mod (forgot the name of it and I cant seem to find it in a quick forum search) which adds details like hanging meat and boxes of produce about the sub's interior. I also like Stormmy's sound packs.

I don't mind doing the work myself, maybe if you could guide me a bit?