SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 04-16-19 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKD (Post 2603683)
This is assuming I've previously installed TWOS updates. I did the v2.2.10 full install, which I think automatically started Generic Patcher. That was my very first encounter with anything related to SH5. The update comes with no instructions and the install screens give no messages about Generic Patcher or restoring a snapshot.

No, that's JSGME... You need "Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0\GenericPatcher.ex e".

AKD 04-16-19 10:14 AM

pretty sure the full installer automatically starts the generic patcher .exe. The patch does not, but without asking, I wouldn't know I needed to. From full install instructions:

Quote:

Step 2:
The Generic File Patcher window will pop-up automatically after Step 1 is done*. Select
desired language and properly activate the Patcher:...
The patch does automatically open JSGME and give you instructions.

vdr1981 04-16-19 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKD (Post 2603706)
The patch does not, but without asking, I wouldn't know I needed to.

That's why I mentioned it in the change log for the last update...

hauangua 04-16-19 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2603676)
Try now...:salute:

Thanks Vecko, sended
:salute:

AKD 04-16-19 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2603711)
That's why I mentioned it in the change log for the last update...

Seems I missed that part. I just saw the patch link in your sig.

hauangua 04-18-19 01:08 AM

Hi Vecko i have news about AI accuracy, but your mailbox again full
:salute:

XenonSurf 04-18-19 10:40 AM

Hi Veko,
I have a gameplay question about 2.2.10 (and later): When you are asked to patrol a zone for 48 hours by BDU, you must still do it in 1-go for the timer not to reset, right? So when I save game in the middle of the zone, it will still reset?

What do you gain when completing this patrol time? (Just to know if I can skip it without big penalty).

Thanks and Greetings!
:Kaleun_Cheers:
XS

bstanko6 04-18-19 12:21 PM

@Xenonsurf...

Yes, if you do not complete in 1- go the timer resets. This has happened to me a couple of times.

You get a bonus point for your crew upgrades. If you don't complete it, you don't get the point. So you get three patrol zones in a patrol, that is 3 possible bonus points you can get in a patrol!

XenonSurf 04-18-19 01:39 PM

Thanks, Bstanko6, so I will have to redo it, I've saved and leaved game in the zone. Not too bad, my zone is very target-rich anyway...:)

Cheers,
:Kaleun_Cheers:

bstanko6 04-18-19 03:08 PM

All you have to do is leave the radius and re enter the zone.

Eastern coastal waters is 120km radius, and everything else 200km. Go past 200km re enter and you are good again!

XenonSurf 04-18-19 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2604183)
All you have to do is leave the radius and re enter the zone.

Eastern coastal waters is 120km radius, and everything else 200km. Go past 200km re enter and you are good again!

Will do, thanks!

Sauroketh 04-18-19 05:04 PM

You... disabled the "round numbers in torpedo solution line"?...
:Kaleun_Crying:
Or am I completely missing something?
How can I get them back?
It's a shame, but there is no way to hit somebody at an acute angle :Kaleun_Wink: using attack disk or RAOBF.

Lanzfeld 04-18-19 05:29 PM

Back after a long Break. What does the loading screen look like now? It doesn’t say wolves of steel does it?

Mine says open horizons

Did I mess up the installation?

CaptainCorcoran 04-18-19 09:31 PM

first time i added a mod :-)

it works! testament to your instructions great job.

now all i need to do is learn to speak German :up:

Can't I change the speech back? (i did see in support doc's that you say tex in English speech in German) but still would be nice to have my officer still shout out loud "man the deck gun" lol

was there a reason behind only German speech? just authenticity?

kapuhy 04-19-19 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCorcoran (Post 2604218)
still would be nice to have my officer still shout out loud "man the deck gun" lol

OTOH, "Deckgeschütz besetzen!!" sounds so much scarier. Perhaps this comes from watching so many old war movies starring "ze evil Germanz" as a child but German language witch its abdunance of "rrr"s, "zzz"s and the way accents are placed always seemed to me extremely fitting for shouting orders.

"Aggressiver sein!"