SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Captain_AJ 08-08-18 05:27 PM

Is anyone interested in an online wolfpack using team and connecting to a Ip address? and use team speaks for a coordinated effort?

Captain_AJ 08-08-18 11:47 PM

ok )- DRUMBEAT

Now my fourth supply actually I was getting tired of hunting and have 20 kills I sent a message to bdu .. BDU denied my request to come back to port now thinking that this is a suicide mission .. Kill the enemy and don't worry about rewards ----------- what you all have to look forward too endless supply and stay on station in operation drumbeat

vdr1981 08-09-18 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urzhad (Post 2564262)
Couldn't seem to find any information on what these new buttons do.

They are respectively a radio tower

It's a simulated NDB navigation which was also used during the WW2.
"Radio tower" command will give you a bearing to your nearest (active) stationary radio beacon/transmission. The beacons are marked on your nav map. It can also pick up other radio transmissions from enemy and friendly ports but . The feature is quite useful when trying to find to your way to port in foggy weather with real navigation. :yep:

Quote:

and two unclear maps that do not have a tool tip.

So what exactly do they do?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.
Screenshot?

tegula 08-09-18 11:26 AM

Steam

Does it even work without the steam version?

Aktungbby 08-09-18 01:15 PM

welcome aboard!

tegula!:Kaleun_Salute:& GREEWICH! :Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 08-09-18 02:27 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > tegula
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Hjalfnar 08-09-18 02:43 PM

Thanks for pointing out there was a way to change the waiting time between patrols. Just saying, the lowest you can get is 7 days, with still a max of 28 days. So it will be somewhere between these two.

Probably the last question before I am going to stream tomorrow: Does Scapa Flow have realistic docking dates for the ships there? As I got lucky I will be able to attack Scapa Flow still in September, so the Iron Duke, the Nelson, the Royal Oak, the Norfolk and several other ships could be there. This would be pretty cool of course.

Anyway, a huge THANK YOU for your patience.^^ Should have read the guide more thoroughly.

tegula 08-09-18 03:25 PM

Missing mod data

Hello, Kammeraden.
I atempted to install the mod my first time and I fallowed the instruction precisely.
But in JSGME dosent apear the main mod data just "remove sub flag, real navigation...etc."
I installed over Ubisoft.

Can anyone help me please.

Hjalfnar 08-09-18 10:32 PM

Hi tegula. JSGME files are only for additional mods that change parts of the main mod. The main mod is already installed completely and you only need to start the game. ;)

Urzhad 08-10-18 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2564416)
It's a simulated NDB navigation which was also used during the WW2.
"Radio tower" command will give you a bearing to your nearest (active) stationary radio beacon/transmission. The beacons are marked on your nav map. It can also pick up other radio transmissions from enemy and friendly ports but . The feature is quite useful when trying to find to your way to port in foggy weather with real navigation. :yep:

Screenshot?

Sure. The ones i am wondering about are these marked with red along with the number.

http://i.imgur.com/96q6fyE.png

I also have this weird screen on my map, im guessing is also something to do with real nav?

http://i.imgur.com/Ik8NQrE.png

vdr1981 08-10-18 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urzhad (Post 2564495)
Sure. The ones i am wondering about are these marked with red along with the number.

I also have this weird screen on my map, im guessing is also something to do with real nav?

That doesn't look right mate. Try to remove "read only" attributes from your main SH5 install folder and run the game with full administration rights.

Christian Knudsen 08-10-18 05:11 AM

Draaging nav/TAI compass circles

Hi folks!

I am getting back into the SH experience, and re-learning all I knew back in SH3, but with SH5 and TWoS. Part of this is the 4-bearing method, and getting ship data from hydrophone readings.

The method used to be that you measured the distance between 1st and 2nd bearing on a bisecting line with the compass, then dragged the circle over to find exact sme distance from the 2nd bearing line to a point on which you drew a line parallel to the 1st bearing.

But I can't for the life of me get my compass circles to drag! Am I missing something? Can you still do this?

Thanks

Chris

vdr1981 08-10-18 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian Knudsen (Post 2564517)
Hi folks!

I am getting back into the SH experience, and re-learning all I knew back in SH3, but with SH5 and TWoS. Part of this is the 4-bearing method, and getting ship data from hydrophone readings.

The method used to be that you measured the distance between 1st and 2nd bearing on a bisecting line with the compass, then dragged the circle over to find exact sme distance from the 2nd bearing line to a point on which you drew a line parallel to the 1st bearing.

But I can't for the life of me get my compass circles to drag! Am I missing something? Can you still do this?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Christian, :salute:
Maybe this video can help? :hmm2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN8_q0G6qmw

Urzhad 08-10-18 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2564515)
That doesn't look right mate. Try to remove "read only" attributes from your main SH5 install folder and run the game with full administration rights.

Yeah that is what i thought. Already tried read only and full administration rights. Going to attempt a complete reinstall. There were multiple places were i felt like text was missing, so im guessing it was/is some sort of language file not being read correctly from the mod. I will write if the reinstall changes anything.

vdr1981 08-10-18 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urzhad (Post 2564548)
Yeah that is what i thought. Already tried read only and full administration rights. Going to attempt a complete reinstall. There were multiple places were i felt like text was missing, so im guessing it was/is some sort of language file not being read correctly from the mod. I will write if the reinstall changes anything.

What is your install location by the way? I guess you use win10?