SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 01-16-17 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2458573)
Can anyone with Uplay download version make a comment regarding this? :hmmm:
Does the Uplay download version have "German voices" option at all?

I have the DVD version with the german option. I think the download version, but NOT THE STEAM, has the german option voices.

In Amazon the download version (and the DVD version), are cheap and all the subsimmers can buy it via SUBSIM and contribute with the site.

https://www.amazon.com/silent-hunter...ilent+hunter+5

https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter...Bdownload&th=1

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2458587)
In Amazon the download version (and the DVD version), are cheap and all the subsimmers can buy it via SUBSIM and contribute with the site.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Oh I did not see the Amazon Download was on Uplay... Think I will exercise this option....

TY TY Again!
GrumpyOldGamer.net
Paul C Papp

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2458584)
I believe some of you wanted some of my "custom mods"
Vecko, you are free to add it to TWOS if you want :salute:

Popular German Music From The 30´s : Very authentic gramophone records :Kaleun_Salute:

Aggresive UI sounds fix: This mod removes annoying "click" sounds and turn down volume of stopwatch alarm sound. This mod was created and optimized to use with very high volume because of hydrophone.

Wolfgang Luth's records: Favorite gramophone records of one of the highest Kaleun's Wolfgang Luth.
Based on historic materials he brought these tracks to patrol and play in relevant times to motivate his Manchaft.

Authentic gramophone records : Very authentic gramophone records

Battle of the Atlantic - Menu video : Beautiful Main menu background video from Anton Komogortsev: video

I play with this over TWOS for more than 1 Year now.
+ i always manually remove textual information about contact at hydrophone station. (replace by "-")

Can't wait to try these music mods! I love the idea of this.. I used to have some nice German jazz from just before the wartime but I have lost it all in time now...

blkdimnd 01-16-17 02:00 PM

German Voices and Uplay

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2458554)
UPlay download version also doesn't have optional German voices? Is that correct? :hmmm:

The Uplay version can install German voices, but you need to move the files manually.

During install select "Custom Install", and check "German Voices".

Then manually copy the German Movie and Sound folders from \Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Voices\German\Data to \Silent Hunter 5\data

Also, back up the English voice files if you like. I made an English folder in \Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Voices\

Another option is the select German Voices and deselect English during the costume install. It will install the German voices for you, but the whole install process will be in German. (Not an issue if you can read/understand German.)

I mentioned it in this post.

palmic 01-16-17 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer (Post 2458597)
Can't wait to try these music mods! I love the idea of this.. I used to have some nice German jazz from just before the wartime but I have lost it all in time now...

There is also some german jazz included :salute:
I mostly downloaded these tracks from vintage german music lists on the internet.
Tried to filter out music which seems to be not from 30's, iam very pedant for this :)

You can check the mp3's inside the package by your favorite music player.

vdr1981 01-16-17 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkdimnd (Post 2458598)
The Uplay version can install German voices, but you need to move the files manually.

Then manually copy the German Movie and Sound folders from \Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Voices\German\Data to \Silent Hunter 5\data

Also, back up the English voice files if you like. I made an English folder in \Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Voices\

Another option is the select German Voices and deselect English during the costume install. It will install the German voices for you, but the whole install process will be in German. (Not an issue if you can read/understand German.)

Now I understand...Thanks! :up:

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkdimnd (Post 2458598)

I just purchased though the store link on this site from Uplay but I didn't see a custom install option, just additional languages check box, I assumed was for the text on first install screen, did i miss something?

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 04:00 PM

New question, Can this megamod be played co-op? I gifted a copy to my buddie....

palmic 01-16-17 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer (Post 2458627)
New question, Can this megamod be played co-op? I gifted a copy to my buddie....

On steam?

Sent from phone

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2458628)
On steam?

Sent from phone

I Bought 2 keys for Uplay with the Amazon link for this sites store. It said it was the gold ed so I hope it has those & extra skins i think.

vdr1981 01-16-17 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer (Post 2458626)
I just purchased though the store link on this site from Uplay but I didn't see a custom install option, just additional languages check box, I assumed was for the text on first install screen, did i miss something?

Try German Voices_Uplay_for TWoS 1.06 patch when you finish your game/mod installation... Check here for few more TWoS 1.06 compatible and tested mods

palmic 01-16-17 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer (Post 2458633)
I Bought 2 keys for Uplay with the Amazon link for this sites store. It said it was the gold ed so I hope it has those & extra skins i think.

Ok, that should be fine

Sent from phone

benji112 01-16-17 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2458473)
You'll find just what you want inside "Generic Patcher" options...:yep:

nowhere in there do i see the option to change map marker colors, and i tried following that instruction, but there is no tab for maps that i can see <and i am going to assume that it is probably due to the fact that i have it on steam>

fireship4 01-17-17 12:11 AM

Thankyou for WoS.

Are your additional 'zones.cfg' files compatible with the latest update? Could I ask why they are optional? Which would you recommend for most realism?

Thanks.

benji112 01-17-17 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji112 (Post 2458674)
nowhere in there do i see the option to change map marker colors, and i tried following that instruction, but there is no tab for maps that i can see <and i am going to assume that it is probably due to the fact that i have it on steam>

Nevermind guys..i got what i needed..:Kaleun_Salute: