SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

skip 08-25-16 03:03 PM

Ok I got the TAI map to work, when the game starts it appears at the top but if you press the button where the map tools are it resets the TAI map to the bottom left.

Other problem now does this mod come with the fancy recognition manual with the tab that appears on the left because all I'm seeing is the default basic one.

vdr1981 08-25-16 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip (Post 2429482)

Other problem now does this mod come with the fancy recognition manual with the tab that appears on the left because all I'm seeing is the default basic one.

Of course it does...Stock recognition manual can only bee seen if auto target recognition cheat is used (Wind and Smoke addon).

Nobon 08-25-16 04:46 PM

Hi, just installed the latest megamod :D

And figured out how to change to sh3 style dials... (option editor) I have yet to test the results, but:

I changed alot of my crew anno, who wears a hat, who wears glasses, etc.

Can you tell me where can I look for the file that was responsible, to import it to the new install?

Also, I had a very nice skin (maybe stock, maybe TWOS 1.4, maybe someone other's) for the VIIB, not that gray, and a tad rusty. Not overdone, just a little bit more photo-like friendly look.

Can you tell me where to look for VIIb full outer hull+conn tower+parts textures for the VIIB in my old install?

vdr1981 08-25-16 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobon (Post 2429501)

Also, I had a very nice skin (maybe stock, maybe TWOS 1.4, maybe someone other's) for the VIIB, not that gray, and a tad rusty. Not overdone, just a little bit more photo-like friendly look.

Can you tell me where to look for VIIb full outer hull+conn tower+parts textures for the VIIB in my old install?

Try uboat7_body.dds located in "data\Textures\TNormal\tex"

vdr1981 08-25-16 05:22 PM

I'm ulpoading a quick update of already released Update No.16 (No.16.2) with few interesting SkyBaron's (kudos to him) tweaks and mods...

Quote:

Other tweaks:
No. 16.2
- Gun station controller name fix in U-FLaK conning twr sim file.
- Metox RWR will now present received pulses from the ASV as audible beeps.
- SkyBaron's fix for repeated XO responses when message sent or heading selected.

Added mods:
No. 16
- SkyBaron's ENIGMA v1.02 for TWoS
- Encrypted BdU Orders addon
- Ships sonar Fix For TWoS by SkyBaron
No. 16.2
- SkyBaron's METOX warning sound v 1.0
- SkyBaron's Rudder orders and send radio messages speech fix 1.0
As always, check my signature for install instructions, changelogs and download links... in a few minutes...

skip 08-25-16 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2429490)
Of course it does...Stock recognition manual can only bee seen if auto target recognition cheat is used (Wind and Smoke addon).

Ok, Ive removed the wind and smoke help addon, but now I cant even get the default recognition manual to show.

Is there away to have the wind and smoke addon and the new recognition manual.

Nobon 08-25-16 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2429442)
Just head for the Kiel slowly without any Danzing mission involvement. You can also sink few Polish merchants encountered during your trip...

Thank you :D on my way.

Luckily the dials are all fine, as I followed the instructions, back to sh3 style.

1.: I don't remember, do we have the option to raise flag, raise/lower antenna?

2.: do you know what file is responsible to crewman appearance? I mean, accessorieswise, like glasses, hats, jackets. I used to tweak that alot... Now I don't know what to import.

I started the patrol without signing up for any mission, just heading to Kiel.

Is it normal, that I have red painted parts on basically every door, like this?
Is there any way to get rid of it? :D

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...60098366_o.jpg

vdr1981 08-25-16 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip (Post 2429508)
Ok, Ive removed the wind and smoke help addon, but now I cant even get the default recognition manual to show.

Is there away to have the wind and smoke addon and the new recognition manual.

Well yes, modded and improved rec. manual should always be there ...

https://s6.postimg.org/u1dz2zxm5/SH5...0_05_27_04.jpghttps://s6.postimg.org/gzsad597x/SH5...0_05_27_22.jpg

skip 08-25-16 06:55 PM

My bad I didn't realise that the button on the right to enable the charts had to be clicked on to for the recognition manual to appear.

One last thing the last time I played this game a few years ago I seem to remember that some of the charts available had various speed distance time tables and so, What mod would that be and can it be added.

Many thanks

vdr1981 08-25-16 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip (Post 2429520)
My bad I didn't realise that the button on the right to enable the charts had to be clicked on to for the recognition manual to appear.

One last thing the last time I played this game a few years ago I seem to remember that some of the charts available had various speed distance time tables and so, What mod would that be and can it be added.

Many thanks

It's all there (and much much more...) . You only have to familiarize your self and explore GUI ...:yep:

https://s6.postimg.org/o3ggwjlyl/SH5...6_02_13_55.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobon (Post 2429510)
1.: I don't remember, do we have the option to raise flag, raise/lower antenna?

2.: do you know what file is responsible to crewman appearance? I mean, accessorieswise, like glasses, hats, jackets. I used to tweak that alot... Now I don't know what to import.

1. There are no sub flags in TWoS as they are causing instant CTD's. Movable antennas will become available later in tha war...

2. Cant remember, sry...

Unkki 08-25-16 08:06 PM

First of all :up: for the updates! The enigma is a great update.

You guys have any tips for finding targets? :haha: In the first mission around Danzig I either find small fishing ships or destroyers... I waited around the harbours but nothing.

:salute:

kevinsue 08-26-16 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobon (Post 2429510)

The files you are looking for can be found in the various Crew Idle Actions .aix files in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\AI\Crew\Crew_Idle_Actions_**.aix

These files are for linking characters, animation and sound so make sure you back up these files prior to tweaking anything. :yep: I messed around with changing cloths on the crew one afternoon when it was a stinking hot summer here in the tropics and decided the crew needed shorts to wear. :haha:

You can download the file here and compare to the original to help you do your own tweaking.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=4645&act=down

kevinsue 08-26-16 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2429507)
I'm ulpoading a quick update of already released Update No.16 (No.16.2) with few interesting SkyBaron's (kudos to him) tweaks and mods...

As always, check my signature for install instructions, changelogs and download links... in a few minutes...

Just wondering if SkyBarons ENIGMA v1.02 has the year selection update. The reason I ask is that I'm presently using TWOS Update 16, and doing a North Western Approaches patrol and the year changed from 1939 to 1940 while enroute to the patrol area. To be able to decode the messages, I have to exit SH5 and restart using a 1939 savegame, exit back to the UI and then load the current January 1940 patrol. The Enigma is then set to 1939 and then I can decode the messages which were encoded on 5/10/39.
If the year is selectable in the Enigma version contained in TWOS Update 16.2, I might just start a new patrol using the latest update instead of persevering with having to load multiple saves etc to decode the messages.

SkyBaron 08-26-16 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2429564)
Just wondering if SkyBarons ENIGMA v1.02 has the year selection update.

Yes, it is there since Update 16. Along with a new manual that reflects the changes in version 1.02, and shows how to change the year for the code tables.

kevinsue 08-26-16 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyBaron (Post 2429584)
Yes, it is there since Update 16. Along with a new manual that reflects the changes in version 1.02, and shows how to change the year for the code tables.

Fantastic work! :up: I still had the original manual loaded on Google Drive but still played around with it and tried everything except using the mousewheel to change the year....:oops: Thanks a lot for the heads up!