SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 02-22-16 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2383494)
@ vdr1981

Can you please have a look at these mod if that is working right with the current WoS mod!?

[REL] Deutscher Sprachpatch http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259

That would be much appreciated! The wonderful mod would be just perfect
for all the german players with this translation mod. :up:

I removed the "UPCDataGE" folder because it crashes the crew moral/skill system (all skills are full red).

Iam afraid that any other files of this german translation mod could maybe cause other errors in WoS and
i dont have the skill to proof that.

MANY THANKS!

if u wish i can do some test tomorrow for u :D

excel4004 02-22-16 05:46 PM

Quote:

if u wish i can do some test tomorrow for u :D
Much appreciated Sjizzle! :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 02-22-16 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2383483)
Vecko i have an idea i know that when u hear my ideas u have headaches :O:
if some 1 can make script or a mod when u use manual the dive planes to blow or flood the ballast tanks ... in this way u can manually control your U-boat using the dive planes :D

It would be truly awesome if we could manually control sub's weight (aka ballast and regulating tanks). That way we could "fly" our U-boat underwater with neutral buoyancy, just like the real sub does...Unfortenattely, something like that would require TDW's skills...:nope: IIRC, he even announced manual ballast tanks controls once, but... :-?

Quote:

@ vdr1981

Can you please have a look at these mod if that is working right with the current WoS mod!?

[B][REL] Deutscher Sprachpatch http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259

I'm afraid that mod is somewhat outdated and incompatible with latest TWoS...

Quote:

I removed the "UPCDataGE" folder because it crashes the crew moral/skill system (all skills are full red).
I don't think that's a good idea...:hmm2:

gap 02-22-16 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383554)
It would be truly awesome if we could manually control sub's weight (aka ballast and regulating tanks). That way we could "fly" our U-boat underwater with neutral buoyancy, just like the real sub does...Unfortenattely, something like that would require TDW's skills...:nope: IIRC, he even announced manual ballast tanks controls once, but... :-?

Yep, I remember: I had even asked me for ballast tanks button icons. TDW where are you? :wah:

excel4004 02-22-16 07:22 PM

Quote:

I don't think that's a good idea...:hmm2:
Sorry i think i dident explained right, i removed the "UPCDataGE" folder from the German language mod and NOT from the WoS mod.
After that, the crew moral/skill system was restored.

Quote:

I'm afraid that mod is somewhat outdated and incompatible with latest TWoS...
He wrote it was compatible with WoS 1.2, maybe you can precisely consider this mod. :hmmm: Maybe he changed just the language and not things which are important for the campain structure of WoS. But i dont no..

Sorry that i ask twice but it would be a very realistic game with german navy spelling in a german submarine.:Kaleun_Salute:

palmic 02-23-16 01:27 AM

It would be pretty awesome to have a script for controlling periscope vertical angle by keys precisely.

There is nothing so annoying like when you have no time and you can make it to put it on waterline to use stadimeter.

palmic 02-23-16 03:00 AM

Real navigation should disallow to show destroyed marks as they reveals my current position

The Mad Asshatter 02-23-16 04:37 AM

I'm playing with full realism. How do i accurately plot reported convoy positions with the map grid resolution so low? Is there a button that enables tickmarks for minutes and seconds?

Sjizzle 02-23-16 04:58 AM

Quote:

@ vdr1981

[REL] Deutscher Sprachpatch http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259

That would be much appreciated! The wonderful mod would be just perfect
for all the german players with this translation mod. :up:

Iam afraid that any other files of this german translation mod could maybe cause other errors in WoS and
i dont have the skill to proof that.

MANY THANKS!

sorry to say but that mod is not compatible with the latest version of TWoS like Vecko said is outdated .....

palmic 02-23-16 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Asshatter (Post 2383641)
I'm playing with full realism. How do i accurately plot reported convoy positions with the map grid resolution so low? Is there a button that enables tickmarks for minutes and seconds?

You can do it as accurate as real Kaleun could.
By plotting lat-long coordinates to your map from radio message and roughly expecting their course by rough information (SSE, or NNW,...).

I did this exactly last weekend and since i expected their speed as 10kts max, i waited under water listening for their noise...

And they came nearly as i expected (little luck), i calculated their course and speed by available information and could shadow them till the night.
Unfortunately it was really harsh weather and i did not hit anyone :-?

vdr1981 02-23-16 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383629)
Real navigation should disallow to show destroyed marks as they reveals my current position

I agree , but it's not possible...I tried everything ...:hmmm:

vdr1981 02-23-16 10:28 AM

Quote:

In my opinion, "precision" is a term which doesn't go hand in hand with WW2, although some kind of transparent and resizable chart with detailed minutes and seconds tickmarks would be useful... Something like Sjizzle's detailed grid chart, but for minutes and seconds...:hmm2:

gap 02-23-16 10:55 AM

Quote:

No, there isn't any mark for minutes and seconds, but knowing that in SH world 1 degree of latitude is equal to 120 km (exactly, no matter what latitude you are at), 1 minute and 1 second are equal to 2 km and 33 m respectively, measured on the map . :03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383711)
In my opinion, "precision" is a term which doesn't go hand in hand with WW2...

I agree :)

Quote:

although some kind of transparent and resizable chart with detailed minutes and seconds tickmarks would be useful... Something like Sjizzle's detailed grid chart, but for minutes and seconds...:hmm2:

That's a good idea :up:

palmic 02-23-16 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383710)
I agree , but it's not possible...I tried everything ...:hmmm:

That game is nearly so hardcoded as IE6! :)

palmic 02-23-16 11:02 AM

Quote:

In my opinion, "precision" is a term which doesn't go hand in hand with WW2, although some kind of transparent and resizable chart with detailed minutes and seconds tickmarks would be useful... Something like Sjizzle's detailed grid chart, but for minutes and seconds...:hmm2:

Exactly that i was expecting before about 2 days