SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 01-15-17 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2458363)
So many Innocent lives, shame on you :)

Sent from phone

Log page ripped off, crew sworn to silence !
It was just Churchill's propaganda! :rolleyes:

fitzcarraldo 01-15-17 07:20 PM

I ever repeat this in FB SUBIM: There will be a Nuremberg when the war ends!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

benji112 01-15-17 08:00 PM

Map Markers

So i tried looking around,didn't see anything at a quick glance, but is there any way to change the colors of the ruler lines and such? i ask because grey is hard to see on the map sometimes haha

Aktungbby 01-15-17 08:14 PM

Welcome back!

benji112!:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 01-16-17 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji112 (Post 2458416)
So i tried looking around,didn't see anything at a quick glance, but is there any way to change the colors of the ruler lines and such? i ask because grey is hard to see on the map sometimes haha

You'll find just what you want inside "Generic Patcher" options...:yep:

THEBERBSTER 01-16-17 05:22 AM

Hi benji
Post #41 Changing The Map Colors In TDW's Generic File Patcher
Peter

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 09:26 AM

New to this - HELP

I love sims, but I am new to Submarine Sims,, I have kickstarted Uboot, but am eager to try something while I wait.

This SH5 looks interesting, and I almost bought it on Steam before I found your site.....

Can someone point me to a cheap copy I can buy somewhere that will work on Win10?

I looked on Amazon (with the subsim link) and there was a wide range of products avail.. so I am worried I will get one that is not the best... there was also a game pack with 3 games on DVD I think.

Also looked on Ebay but prefer amazon, But I think Ebay had the cheapest price on the 3 pack game with Silent Hunters 5 & Heroes Over Europe & Cliffs of Dover (PC-DVD Computer)

Don't wanna miss-buy if I can, can anyone who is knowledgeable about these things point a new simmer in the right direction?

Money is tight so any good advice would be appreciated!

GrumpyOldGamer

kevinsue 01-16-17 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer (Post 2458531)
I love sims, but I am new to Submarine Sims,, I have kickstarted Uboot, but am eager to try something while I wait.

This SH5 looks interesting, and I almost bought it on Steam before I found your site.....

Can someone point me to a cheap copy I can buy somewhere that will work on Win10?

I looked on Amazon (with the subsim link) and there was a wide range of products avail.. so I am worried I will get one that is not the best... there was also a game pack with 3 games on DVD I think.

Also looked on Ebay but prefer amazon, But I think Ebay had the cheapest price on the 3 pack game with Silent Hunters 5 & Heroes Over Europe & Cliffs of Dover (PC-DVD Computer)

Don't wanna miss-buy if I can, can anyone who is knowledgeable about these things point a new simmer in the right direction?

Money is tight so any good advice would be appreciated!

GrumpyOldGamer

Any version other than Steam should work ok. The Steam version is more difficult to patch with the Generic Patcher which fixes a lot of the issues with the vanilla version of SH5. Just make sure your version it patched to UBI's last update v1.2 before you attempt to install the TWoS mod.

vdr1981 01-16-17 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2458550)
Any version other than Steam should work ok. The Steam version is more difficult to patch with the Generic Patcher which fixes a lot of the issues with the vanilla version of SH5. Just make sure your version it patched to UBI's last update v1.2 before you attempt to install the TWoS mod.

UPlay download version also doesn't have optional German voices? Is that correct? :hmmm:

kevinsue 01-16-17 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2458554)
UPlay download version also doesn't have optional German voices? Is that correct? :hmmm:

I'm not sure but it would be no problem to upload the German voices to Mediafire if they are needed. I thought I already had them there but they are the English voices.

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 11:21 AM

I see I think my cheapest option would be Uplay, I see keys on Ebay, but can you buy it directly? I don't see it

Starting EP02 of this series,, WOW I can't wait to play now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnoH...qDp-ZNxTXx1Hlc

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 11:24 AM

also... with Uplay if i get an ebay key will it be removed from uplay as i cant find it on Uplay

GrumpyOldGamer 01-16-17 11:27 AM

will this 3 pack of games work well? was there a gold edition?

https://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-Colle...SIN=B00SWW1VRO

Think this is the way I am gonna go, Just wanna make sure it works hehehehe, don't trust the old multi pack game boxes

Sorry if i am asking too many questions, but I am disabled and kind of need to make sure i keep costs down

vdr1981 01-16-17 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2458556)
I'm not sure but it would be no problem to upload the German voices to Mediafire if they are needed. I thought I already had them there but they are the English voices.

Can anyone with Uplay download version make a comment regarding this? :hmmm:
Does the Uplay download version have "German voices" option at all?

palmic 01-16-17 12:50 PM

my mods

I believe some of you wanted some of my "custom mods"
Vecko, you are free to add it to TWOS if you want :salute:

Popular German Music From The 30´s : Very authentic gramophone records :Kaleun_Salute:

Aggresive UI sounds fix: This mod removes annoying "click" sounds and turn down volume of stopwatch alarm sound. This mod was created and optimized to use with very high volume because of hydrophone.

Wolfgang Luth's records: Favorite gramophone records of one of the highest Kaleun's Wolfgang Luth.
Based on historic materials he brought these tracks to patrol and play in relevant times to motivate his Manchaft.

Authentic gramophone records : Very authentic gramophone records

Battle of the Atlantic - Menu video : Beautiful Main menu background video from Anton Komogortsev: video

I play with this over TWOS for more than 1 Year now.
+ i always manually remove textual information about contact at hydrophone station. (replace by "-")