SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   no lifeboats in OM? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193750)

Bubblehead1980 03-24-12 03:30 PM

no lifeboats in OM?

I have yet to see a lifeboat in OM after sinking many ships.Any mods to add them in? I get plenty of debris but lifeboats would be nice also.

Sailor Steve 03-24-12 05:01 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen them before, but it's been quite awhile since I've played an actual game, so I may be misremembering.

Bubblehead1980 03-24-12 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1860306)
I'm pretty sure I've seen them before, but it's been quite awhile since I've played an actual game, so I may be misremembering.

I do not recall ever seeing one.I love Om but it has some stability issues.Esp near harbor., I keep trying to raid Scapa Flow but getting a lot of CTD's

Sailor Steve 03-24-12 08:01 PM

I've noticed that. In the torpedo tutorial I get a CTD when I come within sight of the target ships. I never explored it further, mainly because I chalked it up to my crummy old computer.

Bubblehead1980 03-24-12 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1860366)
I've noticed that. In the torpedo tutorial I get a CTD when I come within sight of the target ships. I never explored it further, mainly because I chalked it up to my crummy old computer.

Well I have anew computer and it runs SH with TMO 2.5 on max graphics settings etc just fine. Runs OM fine for most part but occasion CTD near convoys and CTD when near harbors. After 8 saves and reloads(saving progress often) I made it into Scapa, sank the Royal Oak(with fish as in RL, fired four but one was a dud) and made it out.

I wish Lurker would make a comeback, OM is great just needs some tweaking.

themrwho 03-25-12 03:55 PM

It would be ideal if lurker came back and improved this great mod.

In case that does not happen, is it not possible community to do fixes and upload? Would be great if we had some skilled people dedicating their time for this. I wouldn't mind giving 5-10 hours of my time if I knew anything about SH modding unfortunately I would have to dedicate much more just to grasp the basics...

Bubblehead1980 03-25-12 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themrwho (Post 1860707)
It would be ideal if lurker came back and improved this great mod.

In case that does not happen, is it not possible community to do fixes and upload? Would be great if we had some skilled people dedicating their time for this. I wouldn't mind giving 5-10 hours of my time if I knew anything about SH modding unfortunately I would have to dedicate much more just to grasp the basics...

I suppose a few people have the knowledge to do so but not sure if they would since it's lurkers work.Perhaps someone will pick it up.OM and RSRD need a facelift, amazing mods though.

Madox58 03-25-12 08:04 PM

I think it's the cfg file that contains settings for if there's lifeboats and such?

I don't have SH4 installed at this time so can't look to be sure.

Any Units transplated from SH3 to SH4 will not have those settings unless edited.

So you won't get life boats.

As for working on the original release files?

Read this link.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115983

Sailor Steve 03-25-12 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1860801)
Any Units transplated from SH3 to SH4 will not have those settings unless edited.

So you won't get life boats.

Lifeboats are native to SH4. The SH3 mods were taken from stock SH4, which comes with lifeboats.

Madox58 03-25-12 09:53 PM

SH4 also has added info in the Units cfg files that states percentage of survival and such does it not?

Sailor Steve 03-25-12 09:55 PM

I have no idea. :dead:

Madox58 03-25-12 09:57 PM

Not sure if they are in the Units folder or the Roster folder but take a look.
You'll see the extra settings.
IF the units added don't have those settings? I don't think they spawn life boats.
Why else have them?
:haha:

DrBeast 03-26-12 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1860830)
SH4 also has added info in the Units cfg files that states percentage of survival and such does it not?

Aha, so that's what this means!

Quote:

SurvivalRate=xx
SurvivalPercentage=yy
Should be in each ship's .cfg file.

ETA: Did some searching, and this is what I came up with: SurvivalRate determines the chance of lifeboat crew being rendered, SurvivalPercentage determines how many of them will be rendered.

Madox58 03-26-12 08:06 PM

That would be what I was talking about.
:yep:

Bubblehead1980 03-27-12 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBeast (Post 1860879)
Aha, so that's what this means!

Should be in each ship's .cfg file.

ETA: Did some searching, and this is what I came up with: SurvivalRate determines the chance of lifeboat crew being rendered, SurvivalPercentage determines how many of them will be rendered.

Obviously needs to be raised as they rarely put out lifeboats if ever(again i dont recall ever seeing them in OM) sounds like a lot of work to adjust this.