SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-25-21 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2738565)
I tested this first but with SubExhaust 1.0.5 by TheDarkWraith the game crashed if I load a gamesave or also just a historical mission, instead of the testmission from SubExhaust 1.0.5 by TheDarkWraith. I activated it at the end of all other mods but I tested it not as just the only activated one.

Hi GrenSo I just tested without the mods just TheDarkWraith :Kaleun_Wink:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...6-00-04-19.png
I tested with the test mission ... then with the campaign ... it works but the smoke and very low ... even with different engine speed with the mods is ditto .... :k_confused: moreover it depends on the camera angle and the light otherwise you would hardly see anything
it would be necessary to ask vdr 1981 to know where to intervene ? :wah:

vdr1981 03-26-21 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2738047)
Hi Vecko,
can you tell me if it is possible that one of the standard TWoS mods can be a reason why the subs do not have any smoke exhaust effects anymore?

Nope, not possible. All U boats have visible smoke exhausts except Uflak...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einsamer-Wolf (Post 2738586)
I patched it again with the correct installation path but it still shows 2.2.13. Now I do a complete reinstallation with the 2.2.24 full. Perhaps this will also solve my torp crisis :doh:

You really have be sure about your SH5 installation path before you install TWoS

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2738600)
Many thanks for the new update :Kaleun_Cheers:

Smoke in boats: I see in 2.2.23 a very tiny smoke in the exhaust holes. Really very tiny.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

In order to have clearly visible smoke exhausts, particles have to be set quite high. :yep: I have mine set one step from maximum for example...:yep:

Einsamer-Wolf 03-26-21 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2738762)
You really have be sure about your SH5 installation path before you install TWoS

Excuse me, but I know my SH5 installation path (E:/Spiele/Steam/Steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 5). TWOS therefore works absolutely fine, but it is still v2.2.13. Neither the update nor the full package changed anything: Top right corner says v1.20 and top left corner v2.2.13. I did every step mentioned in the PDF manual.

I use steam version of SH5 by the way.

vdr1981 03-26-21 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einsamer-Wolf (Post 2738776)
Excuse me, but I know my SH5 installation path (E:/Spiele/Steam/Steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 5). TWOS therefore works absolutely fine, but it is still v2.2.13. Neither the update nor the full package changed anything: Top right corner says v1.20 and top left corner v2.2.13. I did every step mentioned in the PDF manual.

I use steam version of SH5 by the way.

No idea then, sorry...

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-26-21 08:50 AM

Smoke exhaust

Hello Vecko I followed your recommendation ... I tried to vary the graphics parameters but nothing helped (I was already at the maximum) :oops:
ah yes thank you for the work on wolf of steel ... kind regards K.M_U669

vdr1981 03-26-21 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 (Post 2738799)
Hello Vecko I followed your recommendation ... I tried to vary the graphics parameters but nothing helped (I was already at the maximum) :oops:
ah yes thank you for the work on wolf of steel ... kind regards K.M_U669

Well, smoke should be there...:hmmm:

https://i.postimg.cc/pd0dGKPV/SH5-Im...6-18-28-58.png

https://i.postimg.cc/fLJR6kbc/SH5-Im...6-18-29-30.png

Einsamer-Wolf 03-26-21 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2738789)
No idea then, sorry...

Okay it sems like I found the problem:

After starting TWOS without any other mods it says v2.2.24.
After enabling them, its v2.2.13 again.

My mods are:
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-9c...82340.png.html

Belmondo 03-26-21 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2738829)

I have a question about Boss why is he going to the navigation chart

GrenSo 03-27-21 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einsamer-Wolf (Post 2738834)
Okay it sems like I found the problem:

After starting TWOS without any other mods it says v2.2.24.
After enabling them, its v2.2.13 again.

My mods are:
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-9c...82340.png.html

The reason for the wrong shown version is the German translation of TWoS from Han2007, because the version is just a text in one file.
This is the reason why I do not use it anymore an play it in Englisch.

GrenSo 03-27-21 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2738829)
Well, smoke should be there...:hmmm:

I done today a complete new installation of SH5 mit all UBI patches and install than TWoS. Everything was fine but in stock version of TWoS - without any mods - I cannot see any smoke on the subs. I know I had it in past but I cannot tell when or when I lose it, because I noticed it last weekend with TWoS version 2.2.23.

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-27-21 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2738935)
I done today a complete new installation of SH5 mit all UBI patches and install than TWoS. Everything was fine but in stock version of TWoS - without any mods - I cannot see any smoke on the subs. I know I had it in past but I cannot tell when or when I lose it, because I noticed it last weekend with TWoS version 2.2.23.

Hi GrenSo I wanted to try a reinstallation but I see you still have the problem too so I will wait. Does Vecko play on nvidia? .. if yes we should have screens of its config with inpector that will help maybe no :06:

GrenSo 03-28-21 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 (Post 2739031)
Hi GrenSo I wanted to try a reinstallation but I see you still have the problem too so I will wait. Does Vecko play on nvidia? .. if yes we should have screens of its config with inpector that will help maybe no :06:

Do have AMD or NVidia and which driver version do you use?
In SH5 I have all graphic setting on the highest value. And I do not think that the settings from the AMD driver can be a reasons, because all other ships have smoke instead of the subs. :03:

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-28-21 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2739166)
Do have AMD or NVidia and which driver version do you use?
In SH5 I have all graphic setting on the highest value. And I do not think that the settings from the AMD driver can be a reasons, because all other ships have smoke instead of the subs. :03:

i play nvidia gtx980 with latest drivers 461.92 whql certify
processor intel i5 760 motherboard gigabyte P55a ud3 yes me also the boats have no problem n y the rest ... but the submarine very little to smoke ...
you should know the Vecko config with these settings because he has no problem oh yes my game is an ubi dematerialiser gold version :03:

Einsamer-Wolf 03-29-21 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2738934)
The reason for the wrong shown version is the German translation of TWoS from Han2007, because the version is just a text in one file.
This is the reason why I do not use it anymore an play it in Englisch.

Thank you very much! Now it works properly. And it seems like my Torpedo-always-bounce-bug got also fixed.

Happy hunting everyone!

ingsoc39 03-29-21 05:45 PM

Install help please

Hello, I want to play SH5 again on new pc, and with the TWOS mod, yes im late to the party, but want to play. Which is easier to do? I have an original DVD copy of the game, its it better to install it and mod that, OR I also have it on UBI digital connect, in which case, I see this in the install notes, and have no idea what that means. Can anyone help please? Many Thanks!

If you own Digital/Ubisoft Connect downloadversion of the game, you'll have to perform manual sh5.exe replacement before you proceed to TWoS installation.

les green01 03-29-21 05:57 PM

i would go with the dvd if you use u-play or connect whatever it call then you have to copy the exe from your dvd or from the download here and replace the sh5 exe with it

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-30-21 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy_Eight65 (Post 2739417)
My compass / rudder control is stuck in the bottom right corner of the map screen in TWoS -- can't seem to move it, can't steer. Help!

_Check your: TWoS - "OptionsFileEditorViewer" if everything is in order ...
_ uninstall all your mods ... then launch the game with your "Viewer" options in order.
_then go try your rudder normally it should work now ...
_then reinstall your mods ... do not add anything that is not Vecko's job
i guess you play hud sh3 style or maybe sh4 style ...:Kaleun_Salute:

Sirrvs 03-30-21 08:17 AM

I've gotten the ship auto-recognition to work for the most part, where the weapons officer says the name of the ship, but I just wanted to confirm, there's no way to have the recognition manual automatically pop up with the identified ship, is there (like the way it was in SH3 GWX)? I know it's more realistic this way, but it can be quite tedious clicking through all the cargo ships.

SixthFall 03-30-21 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirrvs (Post 2739451)
I've gotten the ship auto-recognition to work for the most part, where the weapons officer says the name of the ship, but I just wanted to confirm, there's no way to have the recognition manual automatically pop up with the identified ship, is there (like the way it was in SH3 GWX)? I know it's more realistic this way, but it can be quite tedious clicking through all the cargo ships.

Yeah there's an option for it in the options file editor program

Also, can anyone walk me through how to change the German voices back to English? I know, much immersion with it being a German boat, but I'd like to understand what they are saying lol

Easy_Eight65 03-30-21 03:00 PM

Appreciate the suggestions, thnx. What should I be looking for in the OptionsFileEditorViewer? What order? In the middle of a campaign...I can uninstall mods without messing up my career?

Easy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 (Post 2739426)
_Check your: TWoS - "OptionsFileEditorViewer" if everything is in order ...
_ uninstall all your mods ... then launch the game with your "Viewer" options in order.
_then go try your rudder normally it should work now ...
_then reinstall your mods ... do not add anything that is not Vecko's job
i guess you play hud sh3 style or maybe sh4 style ...:Kaleun_Salute: