SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Admiral Lisa Franchetti (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=255783)

Exocet25fr 07-22-23 10:31 AM

Admiral Lisa Franchetti

US President Biden has chosen a female admiral to lead the US Navy

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66275531

Platapus 07-22-23 11:54 AM

To be more precise, he has nominated an Admiral who happens to be female.

I hope she works out well if she is confirmed

Jimbuna 07-22-23 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2877474)

Precisely

August 07-22-23 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2877474)

I hope she works out well if she is confirmed

To be more precise he has nominated a different admiral than the one his own Secretary of Defense had recommended for the job. Personal biometrics continues to be considered as a job qualification.

Jeff-Groves 07-22-23 01:12 PM

Why do you feel it's necessary to point out She is Female?
:hmmm:
You have a Gender Bias or something?

Moonlight 07-22-23 03:45 PM

We had a few over promoted females in the UK, when it came down to making a correct decision they were found to be wanting in that area.

London fire chief Dany Cotton resigns after Grenfell criticism.

Dame Cressida Dick became the first female commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Force, her time in office was marked by controversy.

Two incompetents who were over promoted beyond their capabilities, it makes you wonder if someone promoted them because they were inside their knickers or were trying to get inside their knickers?.

Both of these incompetents cost people their lives, as in the Grenfell Tower Fire, and the employment of dubious policemen who went on to commit rape, murder and god knows what else.

You'd better hope that this bint is a bit better than the Secretary of Defenses choice. If this female US Admiral screws up then Biden and his Democrats are in for a damn good thrashing in the media no matter how they try to spin the appointment.

Catfish 07-22-23 04:17 PM

re Exocet:
If Marine LePen becomes France's prime minister i will be asking you the same question :D

Platapus 07-22-23 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2877488)
To be more precise he has nominated a different admiral than the one his own Secretary of Defense had recommended for the job. Personal biometrics continues to be considered as a job qualification.

To be accurate, Secretary Austin gave the President a few options of those he wanted considered for the position. He recommended several for this position, not just one. One of those was Franchetti.

ET2SN 07-22-23 11:23 PM

She has a pretty stout resume. :yep:

Her background is in gray-painted ships and Pentagon budgets.
Meaning, she didn't fly off carriers, she commanded a carrier task force. :up:

em2nought 07-23-23 12:25 AM

Our Navy's brass have speedily embraced the woke agenda. I wonder how they're doing with that mission of filling the lowly ranks with drag queens? :D

Exocet25fr 07-23-23 06:26 AM

To Catfish

Wich question? I just gave an no sexism information....! :06:

Rockstar 07-23-23 08:28 AM

Coasties got those squids beat, Admiral Linda Fagan was appointed to the position of Commandant of the USCG in May.

mapuc 07-23-23 09:07 AM

As Platapus wrote

'Secretary Austin gave the President a few options of those he wanted considered for the position.'

Austin wouldn't mention her if she wasn't fit for the job.

That's what I have to say about this.

Markus

MaDef 07-23-23 09:14 AM

Quote:

I'm not so sure in this case, the choice was between her and Admiral Paparo. After a quick perusal of both their carreers, I have to give the edge to Admiral Franchetti, She is a Line Officer, whereas Admiral Paparo is an Aviator. Both have had stellar careers. Admiral Franchetti's promotion/career path puts her in a better position to be CNO. Admiral Paparo won't walk away empty handed, he's being offered the top post for the United States Indo-Pacific Command, which is where the "action" is these days.

Onkel Neal 07-23-23 09:29 AM

Quote:

You are right on the mark, August. Demented Joe has made it a point to select the diversity hire over the best qualified every chance he had; VP, SCOTUS, Sec
of Freak Show, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AWfuhaMFvw

I'm sure this Sec of Defense is exactly the same.