SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

XenonSurf 03-09-18 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2544580)
Returning from a couple years of flight school in IL2...but I decided to go back to sea for a change. :Kaleun_Salute:
One thing, I'd like to decrease the days in bunker to avoid issues. Is this method still good to go??

thanks

High NN, welcome back to the sea!
The 'KSD' Commander, a replique of the SH3 Commander, can do that. Make your settings and launch the game with it. For me, it's easier to edit the save files directly. See my 'Guide' titled 'Start where you want, at any date'. It explains it indepth. It's here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236272

Cheers,

THEBERBSTER 03-09-18 06:47 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > ApolloGodson
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Aktungbby 03-09-18 08:54 PM

welcome aboard!

ApolloGodson!:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 03-10-18 09:28 AM

ApolloGodson, welcome aboard! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

WILHELM WINTER 03-10-18 10:28 AM

UPLAY SILENT HUNTER V

Hi all,
I'm very new to silent hunter v and have noticed on youtube videos people using this mod and have been wanting to download it and play with it, but a tutorial video i was watching isn't with the UPLAY version but i was told that if i came here and asked, someone might be able to point me in the correct direction. I don't know if anyone has already asked this so sorry if this is a frequent question but yeah, in particular i'm trying to find the german voices and the generic patcher folder. If anyone has ideas or knows how to do all this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
WW.

bstanko6 03-10-18 12:28 PM

Do a new install. When a prompt asks you "Full or Custom" install... choose custom.

Click though the prompts ubtil it asks you English or German voices. This is the only way to get German voices. You can't change it later.

vdr1981 03-10-18 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2544851)
Do a new install. When a prompt asks you "Full or Custom" install... choose custom.

Click though the prompts ubtil it asks you English or German voices. This is the only way to get German voices. You can't change it later.

It doesn't matter. TWoS contains German voices pack in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILHELM WINTER (Post 2544828)
Hi all,
I'm very new to silent hunter v and have noticed on youtube videos people using this mod and have been wanting to download it and play with it, but a tutorial video i was watching isn't with the UPLAY version but i was told that if i came here and asked, someone might be able to point me in the correct direction. I don't know if anyone has already asked this so sorry if this is a frequent question but yeah, in particular i'm trying to find the german voices and the generic patcher folder. If anyone has ideas or knows how to do all this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
WW.

Install and update your SH5 to version v1.2.0 and make sure that your game actually works.

Then, check TWoS install instructions PDF and ask here if you are not sure about something...

EDIT:
Note that currently available YT video tutorials are outdated because the installation process with latest TWoS installer is much more simplified and pretty straight forward...

WILHELM WINTER 03-10-18 04:25 PM

Okay, thanks a lot, greatly appreciated.

One last thing, what do people seem to pick when they get to the generic mod enabler? I'm just curious, the only one I'm certain on downloading is the real navigation, but what else would be good choices as I don't really know to be truthfully honest. I would like the Enigma machine one but i don't know what that one is and any others that people could suggest. If you could explain what each one does that would help as well many thanks.
WW

bstanko6 03-10-18 07:46 PM

I stand corrected

WILHELM WINTER 03-10-18 08:41 PM

I'm on to the generic mod enabler now, just curious to what people put on, unless your referring to something else you've mentioned in the past :03:

Cyborg322 03-10-18 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILHELM WINTER (Post 2544890)
Okay, thanks a lot, greatly appreciated.

I would like the Enigma machine one but i don't know what that one is
WW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=It_WcVBRkRg

Youtube video featuring Enigma machine, Link from TheBerbster Silent hunter 5 Guide Most Questions are covered in it

THEBERBSTER 03-11-18 06:59 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > WILHELM WINTER
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Jimbuna 03-12-18 03:14 PM

Welcome to SubSim Wilhelm :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 03-12-18 03:24 PM

I have uploaded version 2.2.3 with fixes for several problems which you guys have pointed out for me...

v2.2.3 changelog:

- Fixed damage zones problem which was causing patrol torpedo boats to spontaneously catch a fire in rough seas.
- Fixed deck awash appearance of AC Komet/Ems Type freighters in axis harbors.
- Fixed incorrect Ju-188 designation.
- Fixed typo in one grid patrol mission assignment from Western Approaches campaign chapter.
- Fixed incorrectly placed harbor traffic in few British ports.
- Slightly adjusted shape of low wind speed waves and increased overall water reflection intensity.
- Room_QR1_silentmichal.sim, missing controllers fix.
- Added new optional add-on which will make interior even more cramped by adding Silentmichal's extra food supplies (food crates and salami) visible inside your U-Boat - "TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks".
- Updated TWoS credits page. Special thanks to the latest outstanding TWoS supporters/donors who are making this expansion to keep going: Michael "Skin-nl" Kotte and Brighter Walls - Thank You very much Captains!

Download links are in my signature...

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:
Happy hunting!

EDIT:
Wont be much active until the end of the month but I'll watch closely on this thread and try to make few posts here and there from my phone. Thank you all once again for your support guys! Cheers! :salute:

fitzcarraldo 03-12-18 06:52 PM

Thanks for the new update. I like the salamis...No more carrots for special meal...

As ever, a great job, Vecko! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute: