SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Katze 02-09-18 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeszaj (Post 2540731)
Ok, I watched the movie and nothing changes it. Everything was fine until the last update.I enter the speed, angle and do the last distance correction (every time I use the right button between speed and distance) after pressing the button in red the settings reset to zero. Previously TDC stored data, now resets to zero. Maybe need to set something in OptionFileEditor or in Generic Patcher

That sounds like the behaviour when the TDC is still set to manual input.
Make sure the manual input [ on/off ] button is RED before using the stadimeter.
EG: Set manual input [ on/off ] button to Unlock (button grey), set AOB and speed, then set manual input [ on/off ] button to Lock (now red) and then use stadimeter.
Edit to add: for additional distance checks just leave manual input [ on/off ] button to Lock (red) unless you need to change the AOB and speed.

leeszaj 02-10-18 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katze (Post 2540749)
That sounds like the behaviour when the TDC is still set to manual input.
Make sure the manual input [ on/off ] button is RED before using the stadimeter.
EG: Set manual input [ on/off ] button to Unlock (button grey), set AOB and speed, then set manual input [ on/off ] button to Lock (now red) and then use stadimeter.
Edit to add: for additional distance checks just leave manual input [ on/off ] button to Lock (red) unless you need to change the AOB and speed.

I tried with the button turned on in red and still the settings are reset. I need to remember the data and re-enter it after setting the distance. I will uninstall the TWoS and reinstall it.
Unfortunately, the reinstallation did not help.

leeszaj 02-10-18 05:21 AM

It worked
I uninstalled TWoS
I only downloaded patch 2.1.2
I have activated the Generic Patcher again
Now the stadimetr works well

Cyborg322 02-10-18 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeszaj (Post 2540794)
It worked
I uninstalled TWoS
I only downloaded patch 2.1.2
I have activated the Generic Patcher again
Now the stadimetr works well

:up: Good to know

Simon

SnipersHunter 02-10-18 04:46 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently installed Wolves of Steel again with my CD version. I did everything according to the installation instructions but when I am in the bunker at the begining I have interface windows all over my screen.

What have I done wrong?

It looks like this:

vdr1981 02-10-18 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2540868)
Hello everyone,

I recently installed Wolves of Steel again with my CD version. I did everything according to the installation instructions but when I am in the bunker at the begining I have interface windows all over my screen.

What have I done wrong?

It looks like this:

Hey SnipersHunter :salute:

Did you move your installed SH5 around by copy/pasting it?
Do you run your game as an administrator?

SnipersHunter 02-10-18 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2540871)
Hey SnipersHunter :salute:

Did you move your installed SH5 around by copy/pasting it?
Do you run your game as an administrator?

Hey Vecko,

I did not move my SH5 directory after the installation. I also have it installed in a different directory than ProgramFiles and ProgramFiles(x86).

I just tried to launch the game as administrator but unfortantly that did not help, I still get the same issue.

Thank you, your help is really appreciated. :salute:

vdr1981 02-10-18 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2540872)
Hey Vecko,

I did not move my SH5 directory after the installation. I also have it installed in a different directory than ProgramFiles and ProgramFiles(x86).

I just tried to launch the game as administrator but unfortantly that did not help, I still get the same issue.

Thank you, your help is really appreciated. :salute:

Do you have bunch of "***_Draggables.TDW" files inside your main SH5 install folder?

SnipersHunter 02-10-18 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2540874)
Do you have bunch of "***_Draggables.TDW" files inside your main SH5 install folder?

No, I only have this one:

https://i.gyazo.com/e7a6c472a7ce04c7...f759e73154.png

vdr1981 02-10-18 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2540875)

And that is your problem...Something from your Win10 is preventing SH5 to create those files inside your main install folder and that's why your windows are messsed up.

The problem is quite common for WIn10 user and the real cause is still not clear to me because most of them will just selfishly flee away after they solve the problem.

Check this thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=231312&page=3

SnipersHunter 02-10-18 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2540876)
And that is your problem...Something from your Win10 is preventing SH5 to create those files inside your main install folder and that's why your windows are messsed up.

The problem is quite common for WIn10 user and the real cause is still not clear to me because most of them will just selfishly flee away after they solve the problem.

Check this thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=231312&page=3

This is weird because I started the installer as administrator aswell, so it should have acess.

Anyways I will just uninstall the game, delete all folders and clean my registry and then try to do a clean installation again. I will report back if the issue is fixed.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT:
So I cleaned everything up in reinstalled. Same issue.
But I made an interesting finding. Some ***DRAGABLES.TDW are in the root folder of the HDD where the game is installed. In my case its E:\

https://i.gyazo.com/3989ebdb20ee0dc3...d77205742b.png

Can you tell me when these files are being generated? Because they dont seem to be there after the installation. Are they created when I start the game for the first time or when I load in a new career for the first time?

vdr1981 02-10-18 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2540878)
This is weird because I started the installer as administrator aswell, so it should have acess.

Anyways I will just uninstall the game, delete all folders and clean my registry and then try to do a clean installation again. I will report back if the issue is fixed.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT:
So I cleaned everything up in reinstalled. Same issue.
But I made an interesting finding. Some ***DRAGABLES.TDW are in the root folder of the HDD where the game is installed. In my case its E:\

https://i.gyazo.com/3989ebdb20ee0dc3...d77205742b.png

Can you tell me when these files are being generated? Because they dont seem to be there after the installation. Are they created when I start the game for the first time or when I load in a new career for the first time?

They should be created in your main SH5 folder when you launch your modded game for the first time...I'd say you are dealing with some kind of freaky Win10 user protection or locked folders or what ever...
Have you tried to apply permanent administration privileges in SH5.exe/Compatibilty tab?

SnipersHunter 02-10-18 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2540895)
They should be created in your main SH5 folder when you launch your modded game for the first time...I'd say you are dealing with some kind of freaky Win10 user protection or locked folders or what ever...
Have you tried to apply permanent administration privileges in SH5.exe/Compatibilty tab?

Yes I tried that and it did not help.

I also reinstalled the game and made that the game folder has no spaces in the name this time. This did not help aswell. Same issue over and over again. I am slowly running out of ideas. I will keep trying to find a solution tomorrow.

The files get created when I load in the actual modded game the first time so not the main menu but the career. Maybe this information is of interest.

Have a good night and thanks for you help! :salute:

vdr1981 02-10-18 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2540905)
The files get created when I load in the actual modded game the first time so not the main menu but the career. Maybe this information is of interest.

They are created gradually, but that's not the issue here. It's Win10 and it's "blockade" of your SH5...
Could be user account control but I'm not sure...

Cyborg322 02-10-18 07:25 PM

HI Vecko

Using Windows 10 not had to do anything other than stuff I'd do with Windows 7