SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 12-13-15 11:25 AM

Hi UB
Code:

Also my save is corrupted, black screen after load. So i lost a hour from my life :) but it's my fault, i need save more frequently.
No, its not the frequency of the saves.
It is where and how you make your saves.
106 game saves and counting, no problems at all.
I normally only make 1 manual game save in a gaming session.
My gaming sessions may last from 1 to 4 hours at a time as I also play LSH3-2015 as well.
I do not make submerged saves.
I always use the compass and draw out a 60km saving boundary around the nearest destroyed mark or coast line.
I will move my boat if necessary to achieve this and return back to the position on the next gaming session unless I change my mind.

Use the Upgrades Chart short cut key is E.
http://i65.tinypic.com/2hg5loj.jpg

New torpedoes do not appear until late 1942.

Peter

Uboot1 12-13-15 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2365912)
You have sunk friendly unit and your campaign is now over...Appropriate penalty for trigger happy captains IMO...:)

Code:

[Log Entry 7]
ClassID=251BB8F;sLogUnitDestroyedEntry
Type=9
Date=0
Time=131223
Blob=0
UniqueID=-6468833903078708395
EntryStatus=1
CreatedMissionStatus=false
EntryText=Long  4° 43' W, Lat  47° 45' N|Ship sunk! Medium European Composite Freighter, 5259 tons
EntryTitle=August 22, 1940, 13:12
Categ=0
UnitName=_Medium Old Composite Merchant#16
UnitClassName=KMCSZinbu
UnitType=102
UnitSide=2
Tonnage=5259

P.S.
Torpedoes are OK...

:damn: Ugh, i feel like idiot now but thanks... I try delete that ,,sunk" maybe it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2365948)
Hi UB
No, its not the frequency of the saves.
It is where and how you make your saves.
106 game saves and counting, no problems at all.
I normally only make 1 manual game save in a gaming session.
My gaming sessions may last from 1 to 4 hours at a time as I also play LSH3-2015 as well.
I do not make submerged saves.
I always use the compass and draw out a 60km saving boundary around the nearest destroyed mark or coast line.
I will move my boat if necessary to achieve this and return back to the position on the next gaming session unless I change my mind.

Use the Upgrades Chart short cut key is E.
http://i65.tinypic.com/2hg5loj.jpg

New torpedoes do not appear until late 1942.

Peter

It's good news, cause its MY fault, not mod. Thanks for that image, so i must wait to 1942. I am saving in ,,difficult situations" for example, before my attack or in ,,clear" open sea after attack.

raeder 12-13-15 01:49 PM

Somebody can tell me what is the name of the mod, where the crew are speaking with voices from the movie "Das Boot"? Is this mod compatible with WoS? :)

Kruniac 12-13-15 02:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruniac View Post
It's boring as hell.
Welcome to WW2 submarine warfare...
This isn't submarine warfare, and I don't have a crew to chit chat with or daily drills, logs, etc to keep me busy.

Again, I don't want to cruise across the map on x64. How do I prevent interrupts from friendlies?

vdr1981 12-13-15 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raeder (Post 2365975)
Somebody can tell me what is the name of the mod, where the crew are speaking with voices from the movie "Das Boot"? Is this mod compatible with WoS? :)

It's called DBSM Speech or something like that. It is compatible but you'll have to manually delete sh.sdlfile from it...

raeder 12-13-15 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2365992)
It's called DBSM Speech or something like that. It is compatible but you'll have to manually delete sh.sdlfile from it...

Works great! :cool:

Thanks vdr!!! :yeah:

Uboot1 12-13-15 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kruniac (Post 2365984)
This isn't submarine warfare, and I don't have a crew to chit chat with or daily drills, logs, etc to keep me busy.

Again, I don't want to cruise across the map on x64. How do I prevent interrupts from friendlies?

Just dive for a while and click x512 or something. 2048 Work's great, zero problem but i have high end pc.

Sjizzle 12-13-15 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2366005)
Just dive for a while and click x512 or something. 2048 Work's great, zero problem but i have high end pc.

don't go more then 256 ....in TWoS documentation is say time compression 256....
doesn't matter how good is your pc SH5 will crash and will eat all your resources......

Uboot1 12-13-15 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2366008)
don't go more then 256 ....in TWoS documentation is say time compression 256....
doesn't matter how good is your pc SH5 will crash and will eat all your resources......

I don't have any problem with TC actually after more than 20 hours, only like above, when i sank netral/friendly ship. I use 2048 only on open sea (atlantic) etc. Zero problems.

Quote:

and will eat all your resources
What do you mean?

vdr1981 12-13-15 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2366015)
I don't have any problem with TC actually after more than 20 hours, only like above, when i sank netral/friendly ship. I use 2048 only on open sea (atlantic) etc. Zero problems.

What about this then?:hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2365844)
Awesome mod by the way, but alot of CTD.

finchOU 12-13-15 05:04 PM

Had an interesting thing happen yesterday. I'm patrolling in the Happy Times I get a "unidentified ship spotted" from my watch crew. I'm thinking it's odd because normally I'd get a "smoke on the horizon" before I get anything else. So I think it's maybe just because of the light fog. Well after I get the first call out....about 5 seconds a get an "aircraft spotted" at the same bearing. Since I don't F around with aircraft and crashdived immediately. I stopped around 30 meters and did a sound check.....and to my surprise there was no sound contact. proceed to periscope depth to look around. I'm surprised to see about 8 unidentified aircraft flying in formation. Well I figure they are not trying to attack me....so i surface at all stop. My crew then calls out both a contact and an aircraft spotted in the same direction of the aircraft. It's obvious they are one and the same thing they are talking about. Just weird!!! They ended up coming back in front of my bow at long range. Two of them end up colliding.

Sjizzle 12-14-15 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2365844)
Awesome mod by the way, but alot of CTD. Still 2000x better than vanilla.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2366015)

What do you mean?

u answered here what i mean with "will eat all your resources"

Uboot1 12-14-15 02:06 AM

Hm i try not zipping arround like wild boar in forest but (wonder if make sense in english lol) i have CTD when i approach dock area in TC more than 128 or sometimes when i load game near enemy ships but, when i just turn on game again and load save successfully. So i had maybe 6 ctd in total about 20hours of game, not bad i thought it would be worse if i change TC to 2048.

I had before weird error btw, ,,save game failed" so i must escape from convoy rather than try sunk them and safely back to bunker.. Then autosave turn on.

Good Hunting :up:

Sjizzle 12-14-15 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uboot1 (Post 2366081)
Hm i try not zipping arround like wild boar in forest but (wonder if make sense in english lol) i have CTD when i approach dock area in TC more than 128 or sometimes when i load game near enemy ships but, when i just turn on game again and load save successfully. So i had maybe 6 ctd in total about 20hours of game, not bad i thought it would be worse if i change TC to 2048.

I had before weird error btw, ,,save game failed" so i must escape from convoy rather than try sunk them and safely back to bunker.. Then autosave turn on.

Good Hunting :up:

seems that u didn't read the documentation of TWoS ......never approach to dock with more then 32 - 64.... never save the game near enemy or destroyed ship.... save only in Bunker

Uboot1 12-14-15 04:45 AM

Yes, but when i miss, or when i sunk. I wan't to load game near enemy, not again hours before, in bunker. I have alot of save's ,,stable" in bunker and other in sea.