SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

TheDarkWraith 01-23-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie9666 (Post 2167092)
So your telling me that the only ways I am going to be able to play SH5 is to either, play a broken un-modded Steam Version or to buy yet another SH5 but this time on DVD?

Basically yes. Steam is utter crap. I despise anything like it (origin, etc.). I don't nor will I ever support crap like that. By not holding a physical copy of the software in your own hands you are at the mercy of whomever as to when they will let you play/use. They ultimately have the power to also stop you from ever playing/using it again (if they go out of business or decide they no longer want to support that piece of software). Why people use/support this crap is beyond me.

When Microsoft finally goes to the way of 'the cloud' like it intends to do I hope it's the death of them. This whole cloud thing is the most idiotic thing in the world! I swear people are either way too desensitized or they love sharing information about themselves to anyone/strangers. Using 'the cloud' is like broadcasting to the world ALL your personal information. Facebook, Twitter, etc. are the same. Wake up people. If you keep buying/using this crap then it will never go away/end. Everyone wonders why the US is so 'insert favorite explicative here'. It's all this Steam, Origin, Facebook, Twitter, Cloud crap.

Brodie9666 01-23-2014 06:13 PM

....so wait, are you saying you think its crap?

gap 01-23-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2167102)
This whole cloud thing is the most idiotic thing in the world! I swear people are either way too desensitized or they love sharing information about themselves to anyone/strangers. Using 'the cloud' is like broadcasting to the world ALL your personal information. Facebook, Twitter, etc. are the same. Wake up people. If you keep buying/using this crap then it will never go away/end. Everyone wonders why the US is so 'insert favorite explicative here'. It's all this Steam, Origin, Facebook, Twitter, Cloud crap.

:haha: :up:

TheDarkWraith 01-23-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie9666 (Post 2167105)
....so wait, are you saying you think its crap?

I'm not here to derail the topic of this thread. Steam is utter crap in my opinion. Nothing more needs to be said about it. You have your opinion and I have mine :up:

Cybermat47 01-23-2014 10:46 PM

I've noticed some issues and glitches with the mod:

The Das Boot crew images, for me at least, destroys immersion because of the fact that the actual crew looks nothing like them. It would be great if this was made optional.
http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/...DCA8C7E9F1AC1/

The UZO sight is now identical to the periscope's.
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...24E8B10FF9382/

The binoculars also have this problem.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...3FA9004BAC847/

The underwater view is really messed up.
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...CB77DBAD7A07F/

THE_MASK 01-24-2014 12:23 AM

So what people want is clear underwater visibility , GPS plotting , bright nights so that you can see ships in total darkness miles away etc etc etc LOL .

Cybermat47 01-24-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2167202)
So what people want is clear underwater visibility , GPS plotting , bright nights so that you can see ships in total darkness miles away etc etc etc LOL .

I want GPS plotting (or as I prefer to call it, letting the navigator do all the tricky stuff) so I can read a book or watch a movie in transit, clear water so I can make good videos... but I don't want bright nights.

drexvil 01-24-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2167202)
So what people want is clear underwater visibility , GPS plotting , bright nights so that you can see ships in total darkness miles away etc etc etc LOL .

Ha ha ha, oh no the can of worms! :D

THE_MASK 01-24-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybermat47 (Post 2167206)
I want GPS plotting (or as I prefer to call it, letting the navigator do all the tricky stuff) so I can read a book or watch a movie in transit, clear water so I can make good videos... but I don't want bright nights.

Fair enough . You can transit with real navigation automation , only in straight line . But you already knew that . I must try to stay out of this thread , keep to my own thread .

drexvil 01-24-2014 12:46 AM

Personally I see minimal usefulness of the underwater blur effects in a submarine sim. I know it's for 100% immersion, but no real WWII captain went outside underwater to see his own boat anyway.

I use the underwater views it to admire the graphical beauty of the boats & torps speeding through water and of ships sinking to the abyss. Sounds lame, but I love the ocean and it gives me a thrill. I understand why it's been implemented, but in this case I'd leave it off.

Awesome megamod, it seems much faster than individual mods put together. :up:

vdr1981 01-24-2014 08:34 AM

@Cybermat47,

Yes, Das Boot crew is a bit messed up, I could deal with that in the future...

Regarding binocular view... If you ever used binoculars you must agree with me that the views from your screenshots are much more realistic then default "two circles" solution. I use binoculars a lot when I pay a visit to my parents in the country side and I always see only one circle, not two...:03:

Default underwater visibility in SH5 is totally unacceptable . I decided to use old Sober's FX2 solution because it's only one which will give us illusion that we can see something underwater but in a fact, we can't. This is very important for realistic gameplay. But it's not good for movie making , I agree...

Regarding "simple navigation" patch... It can't be done with single simple patch because most of the files needs to be manually deleted from the archive. This means that you'll have to wait until I create new archive and re upload it again.

Cybermat47 01-24-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2167308)
Regarding binocular view... If you ever used binoculars you must agree with me that the views from your screenshots are much more realistic then default "two circles" solution. I use binoculars a lot when I pay a visit to my parents in the country side and I always see only one circle, not two...:03:

Yes, but I've used WWII U-boat captain binoculars, and they don't have marks on them.

Cond 01-25-2014 06:02 AM

Are Stoian's free upgrade ( renown) mod and voice recognition 1.4 mod compatible with this megamod? Any of these maybe? If I'm fortunate and these are compatible is it okay if I install these two mods after the megamod,and the megamod's patch ?

tonschk 01-25-2014 07:41 AM

I fully agree with :salute: TheDarkWraith :sunny: :yeah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2167102)
This whole cloud thing is the most idiotic thing in the world! I swear people are either way too desensitized or they love sharing information about themselves to anyone/strangers. Using 'the cloud' is like broadcasting to the world ALL your personal information. Facebook, Twitter, etc. are the same. Wake up people. If you keep buying/using this crap then it will never go away/end. Everyone wonders why the US is so 'insert favorite explicative here'. It's all this Steam, Origin, Facebook, Twitter, Cloud crap.


Cond 01-25-2014 08:02 AM

I managed to install the voice recognition mod quite a bit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2022 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.