SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Why Yamato battleship cannot be set speed? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=246671)

all_my_loving 09-08-20 09:02 PM

Why Yamato battleship cannot be set speed?

The battleship cannot be set speed under mission editor, and it also stop in SH5, but I attacked it with torpedoes, When the torpedoes approached the target, The battleship ran away immediately.

kapuhy 09-10-20 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all_my_loving (Post 2694441)
The battleship cannot be set speed under mission editor, and it also stop in SH5, but I attacked it with torpedoes, When the torpedoes approached the target, The battleship ran away immediately.

A lot of japanese ships are like that, it must have something to do with the way they were imported. I'd suggest to check yamato and one of normally behaving imported ships (like Bourrasque) for differences in S3D.

all_my_loving 09-11-20 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2694676)
A lot of japanese ships are like that, it must have something to do with the way they were imported. I'd suggest to check yamato and one of normally behaving imported ships (like Bourrasque) for differences in S3D.

yes, it's a good idea for me. now, I use notepad to edit the NBB_Yamato.cfg which is located at file directory as ..Silent Hunter 5/data/Sea/NBB_Yamato
, I modified MaxSpeed 0 to 27 then save file, so I return the mission that Yamato can move.:yeah:

vdr1981 09-11-20 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all_my_loving (Post 2694897)
yes, it's a good idea for me. now, I use notepad to edit the NBB_Yamato.cfg which is located at file directory as ..Silent Hunter 5/data/Sea/NBB_Yamato
, I modified MaxSpeed 0 to 27 then save file, so I return the mission that Yamato can move.:yeah:

If you do that you'll get CTDs in the musem and in the campaign as well. Units with 0 speed in cfg files should be used only as static units.

kapuhy 09-11-20 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2694985)
If you do that you'll get CTDs in the musem and in the campaign as well. Units with 0 speed in cfg files should be used only as static units.

:hmmm:Any idea why are they causing CTDs? By the way, the "motionless" ships include German Raumboot, does this mean it is not operational in campaign?

vdr1981 09-12-20 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2695002)
:hmmm:Any idea why are they causing CTDs? By the way, the "motionless" ships include German Raumboot, does this mean it is not operational in campaign?

It does, but i kept the unit in the game for some harbor scenery... This can happen sometimes with SH3 imported units.No idea why though...

all_my_loving 09-12-20 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2694985)

I tried to set a reliable value of MaxSpeed to 9, the Yamato works well in the museum. If I set it to ≥ 10, the game crashes to desktop immediately.

kapuhy 09-13-20 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all_my_loving (Post 2695248)
I tried to set a reliable value of MaxSpeed to 9, the Yamato works well in the museum. If I set it to ≥ 10, the game crashes to desktop immediately.

@vdr1981: I ran this (with MaxSpeed=9) through your rendering test mission. I went through entire roster from left to right without CTD, but unfortunately Yamato still crashes the game if I try to display it again after all other units have already been displayed in museum.

Edit: honestly if this was just the Yamato I wouldn't be concerned, (probability of meeting it in campaign at sea and not in port would be minimal anyway) but I'd really like that option to call nearby Raumboot/E-boot squadron when I'm crippled by Coastal Command in Bay of Biscay so I'll look into it.

vdr1981 09-18-20 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all_my_loving (Post 2695248)

It seems that 9 knots trick holds quite well but I'll have to test this further more...:yep: This is really good find all_my_loving. :up:

EDIT: I'm afraid I'll have to take that back. It seems that 9knots will lower the CTD rate, but it's still there after several rendering in the museum.:hmmm: Still, good find though...