SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

blackknight16 06-17-17 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2492284)
Just press "space" to mark the target...:yep:
...and welcome to Subsim!

Got it, thanks for the help!

And very nice work on the mod pack, the simplicity of install really made it easy for a new guy like me to get into the game!

vdr1981 06-17-17 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackknight16 (Post 2492290)

And very nice work on the mod pack, the simplicity of install really made it easy for a new guy like me to get into the game!

Happy hunting mate...:salute:

vdr1981 06-17-17 04:47 PM

https://s6.postimg.org/c5oqlm3xt/SH5...9_13.38.06.jpg

The Wolves of Steel v2.0.0 to v2.0.3 Update is ready for download! :salute:

Check my signature for download links and install instructions...

Changelog:
Quote:

v2.0.3
- Radio Navigation: Added non directional radio beacons in axis ports which should help real nav captains to find their home ports in rough weather conditions (fog, night time ect). Request bearings from your radioman if you find your self "lost in the fog". Radio beacons will be active several hours per day once the port is captured by axis forces and their location can be seen in your nav map. (will became visible in your next campaign chapter)
- Various menu.txt tweaks in order to explain better the function of certain GUI commands.
- Various campaign fixes: Adjusted spawn cool-down days to more realistic values for sea traffic, task forces, U-boats, wolfpacks, ocean liners and other naval traffic.
- Adjusted traffic lines in orders to avoid some illogicality like allied ships traveling to ports under axis jurisdiction.
- Fixed several traffic nodes problems which could sometimes cause ships to spawn over dry land.
- New fishing boats traffic layers in Artic Convoys and Final Years campaigns.
- Adjusted misplaced and added new airplanes threat zones according to historical criteria. Occasional dogfights over Norths Sea or English Canal are now more possible.
- Automatically created desktop shortcuts for contained JSGME, Options File Editor, KSD Commander applications and a donations link for any people of good will out there.
- New icon file for TWoS installers featuring letter "W" (stands for "Wolves").
- Few more minor tweaks and fixes.

https://s6.postimg.org/4e80n1zsh/SH5...4_23.26.56.jpg

https://s6.postimg.org/h6w4mzbe9/SH5...23.26.56_1.jpg

Happy hunting!

THEBERBSTER 06-17-17 06:12 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community And TWOS > blacknight16
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

fitzcarraldo 06-17-17 06:56 PM

Welcome aboard, blacknight16! Enjoy SUBSIM! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 06-17-17 07:00 PM

Vecko, PM for you.

Regards.

kcoun 06-17-17 09:17 PM

If upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 do I still need to restore the snapshot, or is that only for 2.0.1 ?

Thank you kindly ...

antoni112 06-18-17 02:14 AM

Hi, I have a question actually two questions: 1 Is there any mod making tools on the navigation map? 2 Can I restore the engine to the initial settings? I salute you...:Kaleun_Salute:

antoni112 06-18-17 02:19 AM

The tools are too small for me :):arrgh!:

vdr1981 06-18-17 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2492332)
Vecko, PM for you.

Regards.

Thanks mate! I really appreciate it! I think that even my wife will now agree to give me more time for modding, tweaking, testing ect...:salute:

Just PM me for any issue Fitz...:yep:

vdr1981 06-18-17 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcoun (Post 2492359)
If upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 do I still need to restore the snapshot, or is that only for 2.0.1 ?

Thank you kindly ...

No need for that but you won't brake anything even if you do so...

Quote:

Originally Posted by antoni112 (Post 2492388)
The tools are too small for me :):arrgh!:

Check this mode... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=175050 :yep:

flakmonkey 06-18-17 12:02 PM

I'm ridiculously late to the party in this one, but someone on YouTube pointed me towards this modpack, and well.. wow!

Tried to get into sh5 a couple of times in the past but I hadn't really played since it launched, but this has really breathed new life into a game I always wanted to love, so have a salute from me :Kaleun_Salute:

Do have one question though, is there any mod to make the UI bigger?? I'm playing at 4k and the UI is really hard to see/read.

+I did chuckle when I saw a few bits of my interiors from sh3, if I'd have known they'd still be in use almost 10years after they were made I'd have done a better job on the meshes!

vdr1981 06-18-17 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flakmonkey (Post 2492526)
I'm ridiculously late to the party in this one, but someone on YouTube pointed me towards this modpack, and well.. wow!

Tried to get into sh5 a couple of times in the past but I hadn't really played since it launched, but this has really breathed new life into a game I always wanted to love, so have a salute from me :Kaleun_Salute:

Do have one question though, is there any mod to make the UI bigger?? I'm playing at 4k and the UI is really hard to see/read.

+I did chuckle when I saw a few bits of my interiors from sh3, if I'd have known they'd still be in use almost 10years after they were made I'd have done a better job on the meshes!

It's always nice to welcome old gang here...:salute:

Regarding your problem, you should play a bit with UI styles and other UI related options via Options File Editor/Viewer (Dials, Hud ect) ,there should be shortcut on your desktop. If you mess up something just disable/enable main mod/s with JSGME.

TWoS 2.0 contains parts of both SM and SV interior mods organised as a whole and also further more tweaked for maximum stability and functionality.

By the way, i'm really curious to hear what parts of your SH3 work are contained within TWoS? :yep:

EDIT:
Just saw your interior mod for SH3 and to be honest , it looks even better than SH5...:)

flakmonkey 06-18-17 02:04 PM

Quote:

By the way, i'm really curious to hear what parts of your SH3 work are contained within TWoS
Looks to be the toilets, the little crew seating area in the fwd quarters and the crew kitbags... Heck I only realised they were my meshes when I saw the cheeky picture of Admiral Doenitz hanging in the toilet :p

They were probably just rolled in from someone elses mod, I did give standing permissions for them to be used anywhere, although never expected them to make it all the way to sh5!

In fact, after a bit of digging I believe they were used as part of this mod, which is listed as part of wolves.

Lanzfeld 06-18-17 06:45 PM

Can someone link me to the page with all the 2.0 changes?
I've been gone awhile!
Thanks.