SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Frederf 06-07-17 04:47 PM

Yes, if you change chapters within a campaign or change campaigns entirely your change mods. Make sure to change mods before you change chapters.

---

Update on objectives:

I got a finished on "Patrol area assigned. Reach the area AM5197 and start operations. Attack any enemy contact" and then got a coded message to a new patrol area and finished "New orders 1". Then I got a "New orders 2" but that's ongoing despite not receiving any coded messages.

I'm guessing New orders 2 is my third and final patrol area and I never received the coded message telling me where it is.

GeneralDeath99 06-08-17 01:58 AM

I had a quick question, so after I completed the Baltic Operations near Poland and docked at Kiel on the 4th and ended my patrol, the only available mission so far was the British coastal operations on the East coast. I choose this one and jumped into my new 2nd patrol, however this jumped a few weeks into the game and the date jumped to the 28th of September and I also noticed that the mission to go into Scapa Flow popped up after i've done this.

My question was, if I want to complete any other missions besides the one I choose at the dock, do I have to return to base, end patrol, and then select the other one in a new patrol? (In this case the Breaking the Fortress or North Western Approaches now that that also popped up)

If this is how it's done, knowing that Scapa Flow mission ends on the 15th of October, wont my crew come back on their 3rd patrol was later than that, ultimately missing the due date?

Thank you in advance :up:

Nemesis Bosseret 06-08-17 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralDeath99 (Post 2489395)
I had a quick question, so after I completed the Baltic Operations near Poland and docked at Kiel on the 4th and ended my patrol, the only available mission so far was the British coastal operations on the East coast. I choose this one and jumped into my new 2nd patrol, however this jumped a few weeks into the game and the date jumped to the 28th of September and I also noticed that the mission to go into Scapa Flow popped up after i've done this.

My question was, if I want to complete any other missions besides the one I choose at the dock, do I have to return to base, end patrol, and then select the other one in a new patrol? (In this case the Breaking the Fortress or North Western Approaches now that that also popped up)

If this is how it's done, knowing that Scapa Flow mission ends on the 15th of October, wont my crew come back on their 3rd patrol was later than that, ultimately missing the due date?

Thank you in advance :up:

Yes. But breaking the fortress if ur dock period is too long ur going to miss it, if i remember right you need to stay at sea at least 11 days from campaign start so 9/11/1939
Check on the first page of this post for the mod and you will find a link showing end dates

Nemesis Bosseret 06-08-17 04:52 AM

One last bug and ill shut up lol

Ok im on install 4 or 5 or 6.... Who knows ive lost count. Ive restarted my campaign did total new load of mods and tdw going over each direction perfectly. Ive dug through tdw patcher and options and im very much lacking sleep.

The one retarded issue i cant figure out is this tdc thing. I cant use the stock identification system nor the modded to get mast heights/drafts. I can read the draft out of the black book. But doing that while dodging depth charges is not ideal. It clicks to go to tdc but at the bottom gives me an a Na meaning nothing is selected. Yet i get accurate ranges of the strato..... The stock one is totally missing the highlighted text/underline.... Cant bring up the crappy stock ones at all. No crappy yellow silliote under my torpedo selector. Is there a way to fix this? Preferably before i shoot my pc

THEBERBSTER 06-08-17 06:02 AM

Hi GD
BTF usually appears when you are at sea after requesting BCW.
It is not compulsory to do BTF but the tonnage total is useful and you will get additional promotion ability points.
There is no need to return to base.
Returning to base will always advance the date when the mission starts.
Refitting in Helgoland does not.
You can return to the BCW mission at anytime.
You will also notice shortly 3 missions will appear on your map any of which you can request as many times as they exist.
Peter

n1ete 06-08-17 10:22 AM

sorry for not reading trough the whole thread if someone posted a solution to this already....

my uzo seems a bit weird i guess? because if i look trough it, it just has one ocular? isnt it supposed to have 2 like binoculars?

i remember it looked like this a long time ago when i bought sh5
it has probably something to do with the mod but maybee its just historical accurate on my u-boot type?

i patrol my first mission 1939 at danzig bay actually
thanks for any help sealubbers ;)

Nemesis Bosseret 06-08-17 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2489424)
Hi GD
BTF usually appears when you are at sea after requesting BCW.
It is not compulsory to do BTF but the tonnage total is useful and you will get additional promotion ability points.
There is no need to return to base.
Returning to base will always advance the date when the mission starts.
Refitting in Helgoland does not.
You can return to the BCW mission at anytime.
You will also notice shortly 3 missions will appear on your map any of which you can request as many times as they exist.
Peter

Off topic from my bug issue but last i played you had to rtb to get the scapa flow mission to get rewarded for it. Aka iron cross es. And if you deviated the side missions for coastal waters would despawn. The tonnage bar even if buggy how ever would work for kills in that zone. The specific missions how ever would not generate. Ie spy missions, recon , carrier hunt etc. These only could activate from mission briefing screen

vdr1981 06-08-17 01:32 PM

Post few screenshots of your issues Nemesis (if issues at all) and jsgme modlist. Maybe you're just confused about functionality of modified interface...

Nemesis Bosseret 06-08-17 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2489539)
Post few screenshots of your issues Nemesis (if issues at all) and jsgme modlist. Maybe you're just confused about functionality of modified interface...

Rgr once i get home from work I'll upload. Pretty sure im not confused lol been using ur mod before 1.0.5 lol

Andrey1945 06-08-17 03:59 PM

Help me please!

Hi guys! Here such problem(black boxes and windows)(win10)! Tell me how to decide! Everything was done according to the instructions of the administrator's rights and the compatibility of Windows 7 was exposed!
http://imgur.com/a/Fws0X

Nemesis Bosseret 06-08-17 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrey1945 (Post 2489574)
Hi guys! Here such problem(black boxes and windows)(win10)! Tell me how to decide! Everything was done according to the instructions of the administrator's rights and the compatibility of Windows 7 was exposed!

Thats one of the issues i got but running in win 7 cap i get a different issue

HW3 06-08-17 04:38 PM

You can go ahead and do the Scapa Flow mission without selecting it, it won't hurt anything, and will show completed when done.

Nemesis Bosseret 06-08-17 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrey1945 (Post 2489574)

The other issue i get rid of black boxes in win 7 mode(could also be caused by direct x btw. U need 9c) on the tdc/ when you go for an attack and are doing manual targeting etc you need the ship classification to figure out mast height. This underlined portion is missing. Its just text , no longer interactive, you could use the black book provided(contact book) to do a sorta work around but it eventually degrades over time to only have two possible classifications you can pick. When sending mast height data to TDC nothing appears to happen. At the bottom of the range part of tdc you get a NA. But some how ranging is accurate, you also get a blank box in the draft section where you select torpedo depth. Just like you didnt have a target selected.

vdr1981 06-08-17 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis Bosseret (Post 2489584)
This underlined portion is missing. Its just text , no longer interactive,

You have to press "space" key in order to "mark" the target...The text will become interactive then.
Your last sent mast height value is still in TDC, even if it's shown like"n/a" in XO dialog menu.

Quote:

you also get a blank box in the draft section where you select torpedo depth. Just like you didnt have a target selected.
But you can still enter desired torpedo depth using both analog dial or horizontal "line" in draft section, right?

Nemesis Bosseret 06-08-17 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2489586)
You have to press "space" key in order to "mark" the target...The text will become interactive then.
Your last sent mast height value is still in TDC, even if it's shown like"n/a" in XO dialog menu.

But you can still enter desired torpedo depth using both analog dial or horizontal "line" in draft section, right?

Your not getting it. I have already pressed "space" ive tried to drop and reactivate it or relocking with spacebar. The tdc pops up and i can adjust range,AOB , speed etc. I just cannot select what ship im looking at for accurate mast height. That underlined section is gone. It just says warship,tanker,freighter, etc. Whatever im looking at. The. Clicking on that does nothing the ________ under the class of ship is gone. No interaction is possible