SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

jim_nihilist 09-10-15 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiskimike (Post 2343763)
maaaaan, that's hidden :nope:
thank you, now I can finally go out there and hunt some ships :arrgh!:

Never mind, I had problems too, to find it.

And with the Charts...don't forget to scroll, even though you maximised the window. And now have fun with a polished and stable Megamod.

THEBERBSTER 09-10-15 06:31 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Wiskimike:subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.:salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :up:
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning :yeah:
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos:ping:

Lanzfeld 09-11-15 11:37 AM

I put "the wolves of steel 1.04 patch 7" into the MODS folder in the main sh5 directory? Correct?

vdr1981 09-11-15 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2343982)
I put "the wolves of steel 1.04 patch 7" into the MODS folder in the main sh5 directory? Correct?

Correct...

http://s6.postimg.org/plzwvu835/Capture.jpg

fitzcarraldo 09-11-15 12:41 PM

Quote:

I start to receive ctd's after many minutes of 512 TC, or more than 64tc.
64tc seems ok, I managed to use the Kiel Harbor pilot script back to the harbor, without any ctd. So, to make sure about a long journey, I usually 512 for 1-2 minutes, then save.... Then continue. ...

ALso the game CTD's after a hour or two of normal, and half a hour spent in heavy visual places, but luckily no invalid saves, every game loads back fine.
I never go more than 256 TC with TWoS in free areas and 128 TC in populated areas, and no problem with CTDs.

I did a trip for ALL the Kiel canal without savings, without reloading game, between 1 TC to 64 TC, more than two hours of game time, of course, and no CTDs, I spent three hours in Kiel with all the TWoS traffic, seeing they and changing cameras, and no CTDs.

Best regards and thanks for a Commander for SH5 (a must have...).

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Lanzfeld 09-11-15 01:23 PM

Vecko,

Thanks for the answer.

I just want to let you know your mega mod collection is the one that has convinced me to try sh5. I am an old school sh3 NYGM guy and now I am taking the leap of faith. I am going slow and trying to learn as much as I can before first campaign so I am playing around in the "missions" right now to try to learn what all the sh5 buttons do (travel mode?????). This will take awhile because there is not much documentation for original sh5 buttons.

Anyway, thanks a million for what you have done here. TDW too and all the other modders that made this game playable and now sim like. I am excited for the future as it seems you are,still at work!

I have watched some videos and I have to ask.... Is the burning effect when you torpedo a ship something you can adjust? Most ships (like 98%) never burned when hit.

Keep up the stellar work!!!:up::up::up:

vdr1981 09-11-15 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2344006)
Vecko,

Thanks for the answer.

I just want to let you know your mega mod collection is the one that has convinced me to try sh5. I am an old school sh3 NYGM guy and now I am taking the leap of faith. I am going slow and trying to learn as much as I can before first campaign so I am playing around in the "missions" right now to try to learn what all the sh5 buttons do (travel mode?????). This will take awhile because there is not much documentation for original sh5 buttons.

For a start, make sure to read FAQ and tips (check my sig) and you will find there a lot useful informations regarding gameplay, common issues and game stability. Of course, you can always ask here if something still seems unclear to you...:yep:
Travel mod (as set in WoS) will only prevent TC to drop to x1 in coast proximity. Very useful for Kiel kanal for example...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2344006)
I have watched some videos and I have to ask.... Is the burning effect when you torpedo a ship something you can adjust? Most ships (like 98%) never burned when hit.

I don't know which video you've watched but they will burn, trust me...:D
Although, this may depends of hit location, internal cargo, ship type, taken damage ect ect...

Lanzfeld 09-11-15 03:26 PM

Sorry I read my post and it was not clear. What I mean to say is that historically ship do NOT burn in real life from a torpedo hit. Just wrecked decks and flooding. In the videos I have seen of this mega mod it seems they always burn. I wonder if that can be toned down?

Deutschland 09-11-15 03:50 PM

SH5 great

still a fantastic Mod :)
great sailors :salute:

vdr1981 09-12-15 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2344033)
Sorry I read my post and it was not clear. What I mean to say is that historically ship do NOT burn in real life from a torpedo hit. Just wrecked decks and flooding. In the videos I have seen of this mega mod it seems they always burn. I wonder if that can be toned down?

I see...:hmmm: I'm not sure there's such "direct" solution for that. Maybe you can try do lower/disable particle effects but still, you may not be satisfied with the result.

Anyway, ship fires have important effect on damage model in SH5 because they'll cause additional and postponed damage. If you go through FX Update readme documentation carefully, maybe you'll find there what you are looking for...:yep:

Lanzfeld 09-12-15 08:36 AM

I'll check it out when I get time. Thanks!:rock:

I know that one of the fixes in NYGM was lowering the chance of fire to keep in check with reality. Most torpedoed allied ships just report a dull thud and flooding. Plus a wrecked deck usually. The detonation was enough to compromise watertight barriers so it was just a matter of time until sinking. Fire was very rare and, like you said, had a much higher chance if it was a tanker.

Cheers:yeah:

Edit: is there a trick to setting precise headings? The stock blow up compass is not good for this.

vdr1981 09-12-15 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2344189)
Edit: is there a trick to setting precise headings? The stock blow up compass is not good for this.

If you switch to SH5 Enhanced UI with Options File Editor then you'll be able to set heading precisely with heading bar (plus classic compass will also be available). This type of interface is a bit too "laptopish" for me though... You can also set magnification percentage of compass dial ect...

Wiskimike 09-13-15 04:26 AM

Now, after I was able to sunk some polish ships in the first mission I run out of Torpedos.
Okay I thought, go back to a German harbour and fill up Diesel and Torpedos - but there was no anchor sign like in the orignial game.
Okay, I thought, maybe Königsberg isn't able to give me some Torpedes so I went back to Memel harbour where I start the mission. But also there - no torpedos, no Diesel Fuel.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible anymore to fill up Torpedos and Diesel during a mission?

Have a nice Sunday!

vdr1981 09-13-15 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiskimike (Post 2344354)
Now, after I was able to sunk some polish ships in the first mission I run out of Torpedos.
Okay I thought, go back to a German harbour and fill up Diesel and Torpedos - but there was no anchor sign like in the orignial game.
Okay, I thought, maybe Königsberg isn't able to give me some Torpedes so I went back to Memel harbour where I start the mission. But also there - no torpedos, no Diesel Fuel.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible anymore to fill up Torpedos and Diesel during a mission?

Have a nice Sunday!

With TWoS, you will be able to dock/refit only in historically correct major bases that could support U-Boat operations. No more refitting on every blue anchor sing out there...
Did you receive "move to Kiel on patrol end " message? Maybe you should follow your orders? :hmm2:

RoflCopter4 09-14-15 03:50 PM

I'm just curious, is instability and periodic crashing something unavoidable with SH5 or have I actually messed up the installation here? I've come to just get used to it but it is very annoying. You even mention in the FAQ to restart every time you go back near your home port to avoid a rendering shock, and I can report that not doing this invariably makes the game crash. It crashes when you use high TC for too long, crashes when you play too long in general, crashes when you insult it's mother, crashes when it stubs its toe, etc.