SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-09-14 08:22 AM

I've uploaded new version of plotting tools fix which also contains Gap's fix for U-mark...

Install it anywhere after the main mod, you can remove previous version if you like but it's not necessary...

The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Plotting Tools Fix v2

Sjizzle 02-09-14 08:53 AM

heya m8 i have a question...

first in your main mega mod foldere there aslo other folders too like

MODS, snapshot, language pack etc etc ...
it's not better to put thoes in other folder not in main folder ppl will enable the whole folder of your mega mod they don't look inside if is the corect folder structure.....

vdr1981 02-09-14 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2173007)
heya m8 i have a question...

first in your main mega mod foldere there aslo other folders too like

MODS, snapshot, language pack etc etc ...
it's not better to put thoes in other folder not in main folder ppl will enable the whole folder of your mega mod they don't look inside if is the corect folder structure.....

Hey Sjizzle!:salute:

Those are files and folders from TDW generic patcher and the only thing one have to do is to install it properly, I don't see any problems with that. Maybe I didn't understand you correctly?

steineib 02-09-14 10:36 AM

looks good so far, ok on my first mission i had see this 2 polish destroyers. one torpedo had hit one and he burnes and after a while the stern had sunk .... so the destroyer had stand in the half in the water. but the sea was on the place ~150m deep.

Sjizzle 02-09-14 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2173016)
Hey Sjizzle!:salute:

Those are files and folders from TDW generic patcher and the only thing one have to do is to install it properly, I don't see any problems with that. Maybe I didn't understand you correctly?

ok here we go ...

on the whole forum we say don not enable the patcher vith the mod enabler cos is stand allone aplication here on your mega mod the patcher is inside of the your mega mod main folder.... there also a folder wich on is called MODS inside of that folder are other mods too ...some ppl will be damn confiused
take a look a this print screen

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/585...nwy32rvvfg.jpg

J0313 02-09-14 11:37 AM

Fixed it.

Everything is looking good now. I don't know what happened with the .py file. I just reinstalled again and everything worked this time.

vdr1981 02-09-14 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2173034)
ok here we go ...

on the whole forum we say don not enable the patcher vith the mod enabler cos is stand allone aplication here on your mega mod the patcher is inside of the your mega mod main folder.... there also a folder wich on is called MODS inside of that folder are other mods too ...some ppl will be damn confiused
take a look a this print screen

It doesn't matter if patcher is copied with JSGME or manually or placed anywhere on hard drive as long as user knows how to enable it properly nad correctly patch SH5.exe. Now, I assumed that everyone already know how to use JSGME or TDW generic patcher because those are two fundamental stuffs when it comes to SH5.
Are you suggesting that it could better to place all of patcher's files and folders in one folder or to remove it completely?
Do you think it would be good idea to place link to the description in the first post how to use TDW patcher?:hmm2:

Sjizzle 02-09-14 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2173111)
It doesn't matter if patcher is copied with JSGME or manually or placed anywhere on hard drive as long as user knows how to enable it properly nad correctly patch SH5.exe. Now, I assumed that everyone already know how to use JSGME or TDW generic patcher because those are two fundamental stuffs when it comes to SH5.
Are you suggesting that it could better to place all of patcher's files and folders in one folder or to remove it completely?
Do you think it would be good idea to place link to the description in the first post how to use TDW patcher?:hmm2:

yup is a good ideea to place a link ... and this is only my opinion remove the MODS folder from there cos somebody will enable them and then will come here cos have cd's with the megamod

Paajtor 02-09-14 03:22 PM

I think it's best to exclude TDW SH5 Patcher from the Wolfs of Steel Megamod.

Basic layout of the 1st post of this thread, imo first should be to tell the players how to properly install and patch SH5 to v1.2.
Include a hint, on where to find the Gameupdater, in case users can't succeed in patching to v1.2.
(for example..:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\SH5\Support\GameUpdater).

This will be about the same for both dvd- and steam-version.

Then a hint for the steam-users to skip the following section (TDW's Patcher), and continue with the rest of the setup.

Then that following section, which should be a download-link and a link to TDW's Patcher topic.

This way, everyone will know where to look, and how to install and apply.
And every WoS Megamod player will use the same procedure.

THE_MASK 02-09-14 03:50 PM

or a hint for steam users to skip SH5 altogether .

Mikemike47 02-09-14 07:43 PM

Quote:

I assumed that everyone already know how to use JSGME or TDW generic patcher because those are two fundamental stuffs when it comes to SH5.

Thanks for trying to make this gigantic mega mod easier without CTDs for the lesser experienced subsimmers. I knew you would be bombarded with more questions relevant to other mods eventually. Others just need to read the documentation first, instead of taking the shortcut of asking others first and not trying themselves.

Quote:

Do you think it would be good idea to place link to the description in the first post how to use TDW patcher?

Refer them to the how to use TDW patcher links at the bottom of post #1 of the [TEC] SH5.exe patcher thread.

rascal101 02-10-14 04:21 AM

Help with installing mod

Hi to you - many thanks for a great mod, looks really good, the problem is the install process- I installed Jonesoft enabler but not sure if I placed it in the right place, also copied all the files into the data section of the game, over writing as I went and stuck the patches and main mod into Jonesoft -

And nothing happens, game wont open and I dont know whats going on, on top of which I got this dame Uplay thing which I have no idea what to do with - I am really sorry but can you be a little more explicit with exactly what part of the mod goes where and activated when and how, I'm sorry if this sounds really lame but I have no idea, I think you may have assumed more IT knowledge on the part of users than many possess

In a nut shell HELP!!

Rascal

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165720)
It's been very hard for me to be a witness of everyday frustrations of new SH5 captains and to read same threads month after month, year after year, over and over again...I hope something like this will make "life" en least a bit more easier for newcomers or for anyone else who doesn't have much free time to spent countless hours improving and searching for stable modlist.

Although the mod it self is intended for average SH player you may find it very "hardcore". Real navigation will make your job much harder and you'll find your submarine very vulnerable to enemy fire and annoyingly sluggish and slow underwater. Your "tonnage" will become much more "appreciated".

All credits goes to contributing authors of every individual mod!

Mods included in The Wolves of Steel 1.01:
Code:

Accurate German Flags
Das Boot Departure Theme
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch
DynEnv v2.9 - 4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
DynEnv v2.9 - No U-Mark
Water reflections intensity varied by available sunlight by TheDarkWraith
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
Fix clock rear torpedo room VIIA
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
FXU_0_0_22_No Starshells (.eqp Files)
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_New_radio_messages_German
HydrophoneFollowNearestContactFix_For_NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_To_7_5_0
No Sonar Ping & Auto Ship Recog. - for TDW NewUIs 7_4_2
Large Optics for TDW UI
Large Optics for TDW UI 8 by 5
Large Optics for TDW UI Darkened Scopes Alt Attack Scope
TDC Graphics by Naights v1.0
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part1_07.06.2013
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 2_07.06.2013
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 3_24.06.2013
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 4_20.07.2013
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith patch 1
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.4 - Edited
OHII v2.4 patch2 IMPORTANT
SkyBaron's Leigh Light for SH5 1.1 - for OHII v2.4
SH5 External Cargo 1.0
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
Patrolsearch autoscriptsV04
Submarine's .sim&cfg (modified for engine ratio + independent control patches).7z
Real U-Boat Performance - Type VII v1.2
sobers best ever fog  V22 SH5
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
EMCCD v0.3.1 by archer9
Reworked U-boat Guns (incomplete version)
gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.5 by vdr1981
R.S.D. v5.5 - OHII v2.4 Compatibility Patch
R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface)
R.S.D. v5.5 - German Patch v1
R.S.D. - Less Accurate AI Gunners
R.S.D. - Depth Charges Fix_attempt 4
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Speech fixes and additions (german version)
sobers no footstep sound mod SH5 V2
Shadow Improvement ModLR
sobers water splash anim SH5
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
TDW options _7_4_2 - Simple Navigation
The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Compatibility Patches and Tweaks_7_4_2

*If you recognize your mod and from some reason you don't want your mod included in the Megamod please let me know and I'll react immediately!

Install notes:

Step 1:
Make clean install and patch the game to v1.02

Step 2:
Open Main.cfg file (my documents/SH5/data/cfg) and make following changes...
Code:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
; The first value is the default one, the second value is used when 'travel mode' is activated.
; The two values should be separated by a comma.
; If only one value is specified, that value is used for both default and travel mode.
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=1,256
CriticalDamage=1,256
CrewEfficiency=128
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=32
FriendDetected=1
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=256
Particles=32
PrayState=1
HunterState=1
3DRender=512
Maximum=512

and...
Code:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
;DebugScripts=Yes

Step 3:
Start new campaign and exit the game. Open CareerHistory.cfg (my documents/SH5/data/cfg) and make following changes...
Code:

HasCompletedTutorial=true
Step 4:
Install The Wolves of Steel 1.01 and selected optional patches via JSGME in this order...
Code:

The Wolves of Steel 1.01
The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Plotting Tools Fix v2
*The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - TDW Real Navigation_7_4_2
*The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Tscharlii's Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1 _7_4_2
*The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Sober's Realistic Underwater FX2

* - Optional patches

Step 5:
Properly activate TDW generic patcher and load "7_4_2_Snapshot" snapshot. The patcher is allready placed in the main game folder. How to use TDW Generic Patcher.(Skip this step if you use Steam version)

Step 6:
Go to data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe, set correct path for menu.txt (data/menu/menu.txt) and correct SH5 installation path. Click top "open" and browse data/scripts/menu for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py. Make en least one change, just in case...Save

Step 7:
Start new campaign and choose "skip tutorial".

Sjizzle 02-10-14 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rascal101 (Post 2173240)
Hi to you - many thanks for a great mod, looks really good, the problem is the install process- I installed Jonesoft enabler but not sure if I placed it in the right place, also copied all the files into the data section of the game, over writing as I went and stuck the patches and main mod into Jonesoft -

And nothing happens, game wont open and I dont know whats going on, on top of which I got this dame Uplay thing which I have no idea what to do with - I am really sorry but can you be a little more explicit with exactly what part of the mod goes where and activated when and how, I'm sorry if this sounds really lame but I have no idea, I think you may have assumed more IT knowledge on the part of users than many possess

In a nut shell HELP!!

Rascal

whoop if i understood as well u copied all the files from the mega mod data folder in your game data folder ??? and over writed all ? if yup big mistake ...u must unistall the game and reinstall it .... NO NEED TO COPY THE MEGA MOD DATA FOLDER IN YOUR GAME DATA FOLDER !!!!

instal JSGME in your SH5 folder after u done with the istall proces open JSGME and will creat a folder wich u will name it MODS ...Copy there the Mega mod and enable it with JSGME..

Deep_Hunter 02-10-14 07:27 AM

Hey guys,
first of all thank you for that awsome mod!!! I just wanted to ask if there is a possibility to have the whole thing in german (just because its a german sub, i'm german and so on... :O:) As far as i know, there is only one post for this topic (its in this thread post 29) but unfortunatly i didn't understand the answer from Sjizzle...is there a Deutschmod or something that i can use?
Many thanks for any answer...

Sjizzle 02-10-14 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep_Hunter (Post 2173269)
Hey guys,
first of all thank you for that awsome mod!!! I just wanted to ask if there is a possibility to have the whole thing in german (just because its a german sub, i'm german and so on... :O:) As far as i know, there is only one post for this topic (its in this thread post 29) but unfortunatly i didn't understand the answer from Sjizzle...is there a Deutschmod or something that i can use?
Many thanks for any answer...

the game have an option when u install it to chois the language ....English or german ....and then the whole speach and menu are in german ....

ich spiele auch in Deutsch....