SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 10-27-19 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2634238)
I have a problem with KSD.

Since I connected it to the server it does not show my current local captian any more, but instead a captain that I had years ago before KSD stopped working.

How do I get my current captain back into KSD? :(

Did you use the same Captain name? Post few screenshots. Since I have moderator rights on KSD, I could try to delete/remove your old profile...:yep:

steevo45 10-27-19 03:16 AM

Downloading the WOS Update

Apologies for butting in on any conversations but i have downloaded the main mod but can't seem to download the update. Try as I might the link doesn't work.
Any suggestions, or do I just go on trying (been trying for 3 weeks now!).

Thanks

excel4004 10-27-19 04:49 AM

Quote:

Since I have moderator rights on KSD,

Good to know.. :salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-27-19 07:32 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Kode13
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Tonci87 10-27-19 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2634268)
Did you use the same Captain name? Post few screenshots. Since I have moderator rights on KSD, I could try to delete/remove your old profile...:yep:

Thank you very much,

this is what is currently displayed in KSD
https://imgur.com/VYSza79

And this is what should be in there
https://i.imgur.com/WzTxOx8.png

Yes, I think I used the same captain name

Cyborg322 10-27-19 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steevo45 (Post 2634270)
Apologies for butting in on any conversations but i have downloaded the main mod but can't seem to download the update. Try as I might the link doesn't work.
Any suggestions, or do I just go on trying (been trying for 3 weeks now!).

Thanks

Just tried the links they are working for me both top center page and right hand side. they are pretty reliable as as rule

vdr1981 10-28-19 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2634408)
Thank you very much,

this is what is currently displayed in KSD
https://imgur.com/VYSza79

And this is what should be in there
https://i.imgur.com/WzTxOx8.png

Yes, I think I used the same captain name

It should work now...:salute:

Tonci87 10-28-19 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2634464)
It should work now...:salute:

Can confirm. Thank you :Kaleun_Salute:

ironmike666 10-28-19 08:53 PM

Hey guys ! been a while since i played SH5 and i'm curently trying Wolves of steel.. but i have something weird happening. weird character on my UI and same when i hover the mouse on any icon... https://ibb.co/GpRh9Z7 any idea why? here is a pic https://ibb.co/GpRh9Z7

StefanWtal 10-29-19 05:47 PM

Hi all

FYI:
After several month I started to play SH5 again.
Had to move SH5 from C: to D: because space on C: ran out.
Copied SH5 folder from C: to D:.
Uplay was not able to find new location on D:.
Installed SH5 again from my original SH5 DVD to D:.
Uplay updated to V1.2. Everything is working fine.
Today I installed Uplay at my office PC. :-)
Uplay downloaded SH5, and it worked fine (V1.2).
Installed "The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod" and it failed.
Copied SH5.EXE from running SH5 at home to my office PC.
Everything works fine!

Thanx for your work "vdr1981"!!!

Rgds,
Stefan

Aktungbby 10-29-19 06:32 PM

welcome aboard!

StefanWtal!:Kaleun_Salute: AFTER A 9 YEAR SILENT RUN!

StefanWtal 10-29-19 06:42 PM

After ca. 75 years my grandfather died on U-400.
He served as a "Bootsmannsmaat" on this boot.

Rgds,
Stefan Maas

THEBERBSTER 10-29-19 07:52 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > StefanWtal
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Aktungbby 10-30-19 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefanWtal (Post 2634708)
After ca. 75 years my grandfather died on U-400.
He served as a "Bootsmannsmaat" on this boot.

Rgds,
Stefan Maas

YOUR GRANDFATHER PERISHED IN ONE OF THE SNEAKIEST OPERATIONS IN THE BATTLE FOR THE ATLANTIC...OR, IN THIS CASE PROPERLY THE SEVERN SEA OFF THE CORNISH COAST. IT WAS A SECRET FOR OVER 60 YEARS: http://www.cix.co.uk/~klockstone/uboat.htm
Quote:

"U400 - Originally credited to the depth charges of HMS Nyasaland, a Colony-class frigate, on December 17, 1944, off the south coast of Ireland. Now discovered, definitely mined, in the swept channel area off Padstow, sometime in December 1944. Nyasaland's target off south Ireland is now considered to have been U772, originally credited to Sunderland aircraft attack, but she now seems to have survived that attack and is now changed to that ship's credit off Ireland. Divers have uncovered the wrecks of three Second World War German U-boats off the Cornish coast, which have shed light on a British operation that has remained secret for more than 60 years.
Historians were amazed at the discovery of the catastrophically damaged U-boats which are lying in close proximity to each other seven miles off Newquay, because no U-boats had ever been recorded being lost there previously.
After extensive research it was revealed they had been the victims of a secret minefield laid especially to trap such vessels after the British intercepted a radio message from a U-boat commander. His boat had sunk a British destroyer after discovering a gap in the minefield between Cornwall and Ireland to allow supply ships in to Cardiff and Bristol.
He radioed the news back to Germany, but the message was deciphered by British intelligence at Bletchley Park. As a result the British laid deep mines designed to allow surface ships through but trap U-boats.
Historians were unaware of the secret U-boat death trap until the Government de-classified wartime documents recently. And now the discovery of the three wrecked U-boats off Cornwall has shown just how successful it was.
Naval historian Eric Grove said the fate of the U-325, U-400, and U-1021, which disappeared in late 1944 and early 1945 was revealing.
"This shows the deep trap minefield was far more successful in killing U-boats than first thought," he said. "It was only recently the Government revealed the existence of this deep water minefield and the presence of these wrecked U-boats shows how effective it was. The U-boat crews were under orders to patrol coastal waters hunting Allied shipping at the end of the war because the Atlantic campaign was over. Admiralty records show two of the three U-boats in question were thought to have been sunk by depth charge in the Bristol Channel. This new research shows that was wrong and they actually struck mines off Cornwall."
ALSO: https://uboat.net/articles/69.html
Quote:

However, following a promising situation report from the English Channel area by U 978, U 680 was redirected to the latter area on 2 December 1944. Only two days latter U 400 received the order to patrol off the Cornish coast as a replacement for U 680.
Through Ultra decrypts the British Admiralty was well and timely informed about all of the above-mentioned German situation reports and operational intentions. According to the Naval Staff History of British Mining Operations 1939-1945 Vol. I, the Admiralty issued a policy signal to CinC Western Approaches on 15 November 1944 stating that "further consideration has been given to the relative importance of anti-U-boat minefields in the NW and SW Approaches. Routing of ocean convoys south of Ireland not only renders this the more attractive area but U-boats' course of action can to some extent be anticipated. In the NW Approaches, mine-laying operations must follow rather than anticipate U-boat activities. […] Consider therefore as a matter of policy that mine-laying operations should be concentrated in the SW Approaches”. In pursuance of their stated policy and to meet the expected concentration of U-boats in the SW Approaches, the Admiralty ordered, by signal on 25 November 1944, that the minelayer HMS Apollo should lay three lines of deep mines off Trevose Head, before cleaning boilers and making good defects at Plymouth. The operation “HW” was to be conducted by C in C, Plymouth, and it was forecast that the minelayer HMS Plover would be available, at the beginning of December, to continue these fields along the swept channel between Trevose Head and Hartland point in operation “HY”. Between 29 November 1944 and 3 January 1945, the two minelayers laid over 1,200 Mk XVII moored mines in 11 ‘deep fields' across the coastal convoy route along the north coast of Cornwall. Moored mines were used because ground mines sensitive enough to catch slow-moving U-boats would also have posed a threat to Allied surface ships. It will be noted that these mines were placed exactly within the area U-boat Command had explicitly declared mine-free in its amendment to the Bristol Channel situation report on 18 November 1944. Being aware of this advice, the British Admiralty set a well-placed mine-trap.
Comparison of the exact geographical coordinates for the individual mine fields with the nautical positions of the three U-boat wrecks revealed that each of the wreck positions are a nearly a perfect match with one of the above mentioned minefields:....https://uboat.net/media/articles/ima...5_400_1021.gifWreck No 1 is fitted with the old Type 1 folding schnorkel installation with half-height pressure flange connection to the diesel air intake tube along the port side of the conning-tower casing in combination with a ring-float schnorkel valve with Wesch-type anti-radar coating on the circular stem tube between the exhaust outlet and the ring-float head. No anti-radar coating is found on the drum-shaped ring-float head. The circular foundation plate for a deck gun originally installed on type VIIC boats is clearly in place in front of the conning-tower, forward to the rectangular hatch covering the former ready-for-use ammunition space. In addition, the gun mount of the 3.7 cm AA gun now lying on top of the wreck closely resembles the late-war Type LM43U gun mount. U 400 was fitted with one of the first such mounts for frontline testing. While U 1021 is known to have been fitted with a ball-float schnorkel head, U 325 is recorded to have carried the Jaumann-type anti-radar coating on its ring-float type schnorkel head. In addition, U 325 was never fitted with the deck gun foundation plate. Based on this evidence, it is concluded that the identity of the wreck No 1 should be that of U 400. According U-boat Command’s daily plot, U 400 was expected to arrive in its operational area on or shortly after 14 December 1944. Thus it is entirely plausible that U 400 met its end only days after laying of the new A/S minefield

hauangua 10-30-19 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefanWtal (Post 2634695)
Hi all

FYI:
After several month I started to play SH5 again.
Had to move SH5 from C: to D: because space on C: ran out.
Copied SH5 folder from C: to D:.
Uplay was not able to find new location on D:.
Installed SH5 again from my original SH5 DVD to D:.
Uplay updated to V1.2. Everything is working fine.
Today I installed Uplay at my office PC. :-)
Uplay downloaded SH5, and it worked fine (V1.2).
Installed "The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod" and it failed.
Copied SH5.EXE from running SH5 at home to my office PC.
Everything works fine!

Thanx for your work "vdr1981"!!!

Rgds,
Stefan

Hi Stefan :salute:
A question, Is the operating system different between the home PC and the office PC?