SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

longam 03-07-08 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
Thanks to privateer for providing me the format of keyframe animations :sunny: :sunny:

No release date yet, but well, won't be long ;)

http://sh4.skwas.net/s3d/keyframes.jpg

Keyframe hexcode collada iterger frame state hooda waada thingamabob?
http://www.downbelow.net/sh4/confused.jpg

Ducimus 03-07-08 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longam
Keyframe hexcode collada iterger frame state hooda waada thingamabob?
http://www.downbelow.net/sh4/confused.jpg

:rotfl: That, is a quote and picture worth saving - classic!

Wilcke 03-07-08 04:13 PM

It sure is....and Ducimus I am still looking for your Capt. Kirk with his depressed head in his hands!

LukeFF 03-07-08 05:50 PM

skwasjer, would you happen to know which file(s) control the sound file that is played when the deck and flack guns are fired? I'd really like to create a separate sound file for the 37 mm and 40 mm guns, if possible.

Madox58 03-07-08 06:04 PM

Check the particals.dsd
All gun sounds are controlled by this file if I'm not mistaken?
;)

Ducimus 03-07-08 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer
Check the particals.dsd
All gun sounds are controlled by this file if I'm not mistaken?
;)

I was thinking an associated DSD file if it exists or sh.SDL , but privateer's probably right.
I know things like depth charges hitting the water are in the particles.dsd file, so why not gun sounds too.

skwasjer 03-07-08 06:46 PM

lol longam :smug:

@LukeFF: Yea, I think they are in particles.dsd. Look for a SoundSource controller or something like that. If you're gonna add a new sound, you'll also have to add an entry in the sh.sdl file.

LukeFF 03-07-08 07:01 PM

Quote:

@LukeFF: Yea, I think they are in particles.dsd. Look for a SoundSource controller or something like that. If you're gonna add a new sound, you'll also have to add an entry in the sh.sdl file.

Yeah, I've looked at that file, and I know what sound is used for the flack guns and which one is used for the deck guns. Question is, how do I assign those sounds to a particular sound? From the looks of the file it doesn't look like it's possible.

Madox58 03-07-08 07:08 PM

Oh yes.
It is possible!!
I have edited the SH3.sdl files many times.

Depending on what you want to do?
You may need to rework several files.
You may need to create new files also.
It all depends on what you want to do.
Who would have thought Air Raid Sirens were possible?
;)

Ducimus 03-07-08 07:25 PM

I could be mistaken, but i think sounds need:
- a node in a dat
- a controller in a said dats sim file, DSD file, or both
- an entry in the sh.sdl

At least thats what ive observed when working with sub interiors. Ive thought about adding more atmospheric sound sources in the interiors, but was afraid of generating undue lag. Engine/gun sounds are a different thing though.

Madox58 03-07-08 07:37 PM

You don't always need a node in the dat.
Again, it depends on what and how you want the sound to come across.

For an example I'm looking at in SH3.

On the Turm, you hear the desiel engines.
Go to the interior and the desiel sound is not there.
If we add the aud_Desiel node with corrected ID's
Will it work?
Of course we need look at all dsd files and sdl file also.

Ducimus 03-07-08 07:57 PM

Node in dat - i was probably thinking of sounds sources. Such as water or steam pipes. I only looked at this stuff in passing, so im probably way off base. Edit: Its worth noting that stock fleet boat interior files have no sounds to them at all. SteveTRM added them in. I dont remember if he use an aud_node or not. anyway, ill shut up. Now im curious as to what else is in some of those dsd files. (not that i havent looked already) Think i figured out why my earlier attempts at getting band music on the docks failed.

skwasjer 03-07-08 08:54 PM

LukeFF, it's possible. Go to the properties of the wpn_Cannon controller in the sim file. Open up the Fire-node, and there you see a property 'effect'. It has an id. Select 'effect', and copy the value to the clipboard (in hex format!). Now, open up the particles.dat, and do CTRL+F, and paste the id into the textbox and hit Find. You'll see that the node will be selected either $MGun_muzzle_flash or $Big_muzzle_flash, or some others, depending on the gun. These are shared muzzle flashes by all (most?) guns. In the particles.dsd you will find the associated muzzle sound. To make a unique sound for a different weapon you have to clone a few nodes in both particles.dat and .dsd (to create a new effect+sound), a sound entry to the sdl-file (which defines the actual soundfile to be played), and lastly assign the newly created effect id to the weapon.

Hope this makes a bit sense :up: Just try :)

[edit] I'm not sure if there are tricks to do this easier (without cloning nodes), maybe someone else knows.

LukeFF 03-07-08 09:34 PM

I'll give that a try, skwas. Thanks!

skwasjer 03-07-08 09:43 PM

Oh, and one trick to make cloning of a bunch of nodes easier (you need to redo all the id's!) is to remove all the other chunks from the file so you only are left with the chunks that need to be cloned. Then, use the remap function to assign new id's to all nodes in one go. Then export and import.

Saves the trouble of fixing up the nodes after import and manually changing all the id's.

AkbarGulag 03-07-08 09:48 PM

Quote:

Oh, and one trick to make cloning of a bunch of nodes easier (you need to redo all the id's!) is to remove all the other chunks from the file so you only are left with the chunks that need to be cloned. Then, use the remap function to assign new id's to all nodes in one go. Then export and import.

Saves the trouble of fixing up the nodes after import and manually changing all the id's.

I was going to export the nodes, then re-import them in a new file... then re-export with fresh ID's to be imported :rotfl:

Thanks for the tip Squash.

skwasjer 03-12-08 03:03 PM

For those that have the automatic update notification disabled, or work with an older version of S3D:

Version v0.6.1 - Download link in main post (or follow link in footer to my site)

This release replaces any previous v0.5/v0.6 release! Make sure to uninstall previous versions first.

NOTE: unless you are planning on working with animations, you don't really need to update to this release. Choose as you wish.

New
  • Key frame animation support (not mesh animation!). You will now be able to set, change, or even add animations (based on key frames). I have some incomplete specs on mesh animation, so this is for the future. Thanks to privateer for helping me out.
  • I noticed SH3 has *.anm files that are also based on the .dat-file structure. They contain purely animation data (both key frame/mesh), so now S3D's file filter accepts files with this extension as well. I've also added the extension to the global file search dialog. Note that SH4 does not make use of this extension.
  • Added import/export menu item for embedded images.
Fixed
  • Pc's without the WingDings2 font didn't have a correctly rendered Close button with an X. (Button is on the right of the toolbar) I have never really payed attention to this. Button is now drawn correctly without the need for this font.
  • I don't remember in which version but a bug was introduced where importing a chunk into an empty document would fail with an error message. Previously this worked fine. Fixed, so it works again.
Improved
  • Controller engine improved + some controller definitions tweaked.
  • Improved some error messages.

repalankas 03-12-08 05:45 PM

Greetings for this awesome job!!!

But I have a problem:

I have XP Pro Sp2 in spanish, Framework 2.0 and directX 9.0c installed with the latest redistributable available (directx_mar2008_redist.exe).
When I run the program appears a message asking for automatic updating, I answer with yes or no indistinctly, then an error message appears:

"Silent 3ditor ha detectado un problema y debe cerrarse. Sentimos los inconvenientes ocasionados. Si está en pleno proceso, puede perderse...."

Silent 3ditor has detected a problem and must be closed. We apologize for any inconvenient...

And a close button.

Another question:

Is it possible to correct sun glare parameters / files with this tool?
The goal is to get it working with ati x19xx series.

Any idea?

Thanks!!!

skwasjer 03-12-08 06:21 PM

If you have gotten the autoupdate message, then I 'know' you have the required components installed because S3D does a precheck.

However, have you ever used a previous version? If yes, then please start from a clean slate. Uninstall ALL versions through Control Panel, and verify that the <Program Files>\skwas folder is empty (sometimes a folder is not removed if versions are installed over eachother). If not, delete any subfolder. Next, find the <Documents And Settings>\<Your username>\Local Settings\Application Data\skwas folder, and also delete it's contents. Now, all files related to S3D are removed.

Then reinstall latest version.

If none of the above helps or if this is the first time you installed S3D, then please give me detailed error message if available (crash dump, check if there's a 'Detail'/'More info' button in the error dialog), or if available, EventLog-entries regarding S3D. Not much I can do without it.

Anybody else with problems regarding this release?

Digital_Trucker 03-12-08 06:39 PM

Nope, I just cranked it up a little bit ago and opened up a file and it did fine. Didn't do anything other than that (yet:lol: )

Thanks for the update, BTW:up: