SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

skin-nl 03-14-20 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2654358)
Hey Captains! Sorry for my low activity on forums these days. I've got some real-real life problems and I don't have much time for modding and subsim.

I hope nothing bad.

excel4004 03-16-20 07:29 PM

Quote:

Hey Captains! Sorry for my low activity on forums these days. I've got some real-real life problems and I don't have much time for modding and subsim. Stay sharp and happy hunting. I hope you still enjoy Wolves of Steel! :salute:

Good to hear from you, i was a little worried. :Kaleun_Periskop:
Hope all will be fine for you, cya!

Rosco74 03-17-20 10:27 PM

Hello everyone.
Anyone knows where to find the video from Empty Cup, can't find them anymore on you tube.. Thanks

kapuhy 03-18-20 04:32 AM

Quote:

Hey Captains! Sorry for my low activity on forums these days. I've got some real-real life problems and I don't have much time for modding and subsim. Stay sharp and happy hunting. I hope you still enjoy Wolves of Steel! :salute:

I do enjoy it a lot :up:

Whatever problems you're facing, I wish you all the best and hope to see you back here soon.

SirMoric 03-18-20 10:17 AM

I got this mod working, and it's fantastic.

There are a few annoying issues I was hoping people could help me with:

1: Is there a way to "teleport" into the command room directly? Right now I have to go to the radarstation, and then walk into the commandroom.

2: Is it possible to "fix" the annoying feature, where you call for dive to periscope depth, or just dive in general, and the sub just sits on the water, because your "fumbling" around in the map, and your "character" hasn't been removed from the coning tower brigde (auto-teleport the dude to the command room).

3: I still have some odd things when adjusting the firing solution, using the CO window to plug it in, the distance to the ship doesn't change, so I'll have to put in the shortest distance I think there will be between me and the ship I'm about to sink, not the actual distance.

4: Does TWoS have direct "teleport" commands for the stations? Not just using the "T" function?

Rosco74 03-18-20 09:19 PM

Hello, just a question, as I just reinstalled the game for a new campaign with the latest patch. I now use the "campaign advance verifier testing" Mod. I just created a new campaign, I enter the bunker then save and exit to main menu.
I reload the savegame, and I have this pop up message that there is an error, that I should reload the game and try again...
It's a fresh install, a new campaign, how is that possible? After 4 or 5 successive reload I managed to get a reload where I had no error detected, but I find it strange.
Any clue or help ?

Thanks a lot

THEBERBSTER 03-19-20 04:58 AM

Hi rosco
Disable from JSGME
Quote:

I now use the "campaign advance verifier testing" Mod.

The Wolves Of Steel Campaign (TWoS) Campaign Transfer New Information 7th May 2018 > Important New Information
Peter

Rosco74 03-19-20 05:05 PM

Thank you for your reply THEBERBSTER, much appreciated !
Have a nice day :Kaleun_Salute:

NeonsStyle 03-21-20 12:06 AM

Is it possible to add any graphical mods to this?I really don't like
the water colour, n would prefer to use the green atlantic. Is there a way to do this? If it's not just adding it into jsgme, how would you do it?

fitzcarraldo 03-21-20 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonsStyle (Post 2656035)
the water colour, n would prefer to use the green atlantic. Is there a way to do this? If it's not just adding it into jsgme, how would you do it?

I know you can use Dynamic Environment 5 in TWoS but I don't know any enviro mod with full green water.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

boogieman335 03-21-20 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonsStyle (Post 2656035)

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but see my Graphics mods in the downloads section. As for the water colors, the water in SH5 is green in the coastel areas and changes to blue in deep water off shore, as it does in real life. Here is some screenshots from my mods:
External
https://imgur.com/a/Uhm8a2F
Internal
https://imgur.com/gallery/5BtsP9Q

Also the weather that is used in The Wolves of Steel is a customised version of Dynamic Environment 2.9. This affects the way colors are displayed in the game, and it will mess up the game to use other weather mods without knowing what you are doing. Vecko has customised nearly every aspect of the game to make it work properly. Using other weather mods for example can throw off you periscope height above water making it unusable as well as causing conflicts which will make the game unstable. My mods are just texture files and HDR filter changes so they do not affect game play.Also I use Reshade which adds more depth and color to the shadows and water,sky, etc. There is a mod in the download sections that changes the water color but be sure to do a check of what is in it to see what changes it makes or you may get unexpected problems.
Also there are components in the original Dynamic Environment version 2.9 which work as addons that can change how murky the Water is and such,but I would not change anything that has to do with wave mechanics as these affect other aspects of the game. Vecko has balanced these functions thru out the game and made those changes for you in the Wolves of Steel mod already. Generaly it is not a good idea to use other mods with TWoS because it already makes the changes to make the game function properly.

NeonsStyle 03-22-20 05:34 AM

I have WoS installed and finally working, however the subsystems are
all in german. I've been searcing around for a way to get it in english and not really found a solution. If you install base game, it's in english, but once you put WoS on, it's in german. I did read somewhere there was a option in WoS somewhere to have it in english, but it isn't included in the mod.

Does anyone know how to do this and where I can get the english speech files for text and voices?

NOTE: This is not about the cut scene files.

vdr1981 03-22-20 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonsStyle (Post 2656273)
I have WoS installed and finally working

I'm glad to hear that. :yep: Can you please tell us what was the problem all these days? Inadequate documentation or install instructions? Any suggestions?

boogieman335 03-22-20 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonsStyle (Post 2656273)
I have WoS installed and finally working, however the subsystems are
all in german. I've been searcing around for a way to get it in english and not really found a solution. If you install base game, it's in english, but once you put WoS on, it's in german. I did read somewhere there was a option in WoS somewhere to have it in english, but it isn't included in the mod.

Does anyone know how to do this and where I can get the english speech files for text and voices?

NOTE: This is not about the cut scene files.

To have the voices in english the way I did it is using the Steam version of the game; make a backup copy of the SH5/data/sound/speech folder from a fresh install and simply copy this folder back over after you install TWoS. Alternately you can make a folder with the file path and create a JSGME mod
and place it in the TWoS parts folder and activate it as a mod if you don't want to overwrite the files.
edit: As Peter posted below is probably even easier.Thank you Peter I was trying to remember this but could'nt for the life of me think what it was called,or the link.

THEBERBSTER 03-22-20 05:05 PM

Hi NS
English Crew Voices By Kevinsue
Peter