SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Rm978 08-20-18 12:28 PM

TWoS is incredible! I played it for about 3 weeks at this point. Frankly, it literally revives SH5 and puts it on same level as SH3 with GWX3, but it still has some minor issues:
1)First camo that you can apply (tiger stripe or how it was called) sometimes doesn't appear and instead you get factory paint
2)"Dive" button takes me to the bottom! tooltip says it should get me to 40m
but instead my sub well below that depth [80+] (i didn't test how deep it takes me, because i freak out when i see "submarine close to bottom" notification and generally don't go under 80 when there is no need)
3)this glitch/bug is pretty new to me - some ships appear as light blue shape/contour when i'm >3500m away from target and i'm looking at them with my bare eyes (i can't remember if it also happens when i'm using binoculars) this bug appeared after i updated mod from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 and i didn't had it before (i think)

Anyway, Amazing mod! Keep up the good work!

THEBERBSTER 08-20-18 12:37 PM

Hi divemonkie
English Crew Voices By Kevinsue
Peter

THEBERBSTER 08-20-18 12:38 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Rm978
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 Ė 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Fifi 08-20-18 12:52 PM

Yesterday i had my grid tool draggable... today after reloading my last save she is not just there!
Didn’t find a way to get it back...how come?
And how to get it back?
(Not running any mod on top of TWOS)

XenonSurf 08-20-18 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2565746)
Yesterday i had my grid tool draggable... today after reloading my last save she is not just there!
Didn’t find a way to get it back...how come?
And how to get it back?
(Not running any mod on top of TWOS)


Have you used the icon in NavMap on the right for special maps and ticked what you want to appear? Note that after using this 'special map icon' you can change the window size and scroll the list.

If still it doesn't work, quit game, delete all xxxx_draggables.TDW in the main game folder, restart and make use of the map icon (right side of NavMap).

Fifi 08-20-18 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2565779)
Have you used the icon in NavMap on the right for special maps and ticked what you want to appear? Note that after using this 'special map icon' you can change the window size and scroll the list.

If still it doesn't work, quit game, delete all xxxx_draggables.TDW in the main game folder, restart and make use of the map icon (right side of NavMap).

Yes, i already used this grid... but now she is gone, i donít know why, and she doesnít want to show up again.

Iíll try to delete all the TDW draggable and see if she is back.
Thanks for the tip :salute:

divemonkie 08-20-18 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2565740)
Hi divemonkie
English Crew Voices By Kevinsue
Peter

Thank you!
I know the crew can get a bit annoying but they do help.

The server over there is down now but I'll keep trying. I'd dl a set of German voices (I'm sorry I forget who's files they are) to get a look at the file structure. There's a lot there!...as a last resort I might attempt it... Would most likely set my PC afire.

Hjalfnar 08-21-18 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rm978 (Post 2565739)
TWoS is incredible! I played it for about 3 weeks at this point. Frankly, it literally revives SH5 and puts it on same level as SH3 with GWX3, but it still has some minor issues:
1)First camo that you can apply (tiger stripe or how it was called) sometimes doesn't appear and instead you get factory paint
2)"Dive" button takes me to the bottom! tooltip says it should get me to 40m
but instead my sub well below that depth [80+] (i didn't test how deep it takes me, because i freak out when i see "submarine close to bottom" notification and generally don't go under 80 when there is no need)
3)this glitch/bug is pretty new to me - some ships appear as light blue shape/contour when i'm >3500m away from target and i'm looking at them with my bare eyes (i can't remember if it also happens when i'm using binoculars) this bug appeared after i updated mod from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 and i didn't had it before (i think)

Anyway, Amazing mod! Keep up the good work!

2) Crash dive takes you straight to 150m, as the list of orders tells you...at least in my case it does that.

Rm978 08-21-18 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hjalfnar (Post 2565844)
2) Crash dive takes you straight to 150m, as the list of orders tells you...at least in my case it does that.

I'm talking about regular "dive" button

btw, what's most hydrophone efficient depth?
I use 35m but i don't feel like i'm detecting a lot of ships.
at least hydrophone doesn't detect these god forsaken trawlers :ping:

vdr1981 08-21-18 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rm978 (Post 2565862)
I'm talking about regular "dive" button

Tooltip for regular dive button shows only "dive", there is no mentioning of "40m" anywhere...

Quote:

btw, what's most hydrophone efficient depth?
I use 35m but i don't feel like i'm detecting a lot of ships.
at least hydrophone doesn't detect these god forsaken trawlers :ping:
Bellow 30-40m...:yep:

vdr1981 08-21-18 06:12 AM

Also, because I wont be releasing next update for TWoS in a month or so, I would like to express my gratitude to the two recent TWoS supporters/donors: Richard Roberts and Yangfan Xu. I hope you guys will have a lot of sleepless nights with Wolves! Cheers! :salute::salute::salute:

divemonkie 08-21-18 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2565877)
Also, because I wont be releasing next update for TWoS in a month or so, I would like to express my gratitude to the two recent TWoS supporters/donors: Richard Roberts and Yangfan Xu. I hope you guys will have a lot of sleepless nights with Wolves! Cheers! :salute::salute::salute:

You are most welcome Sir👍
I'm amazed at the amount of time and effort this must have taken.

And NO!...i ain't getting much sleep!
😈

Toniausmuc 08-22-18 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2565607)
Well, you should have some idea about how mods are working and how to install them otherwise you will always read more than play...It's as I said above, here more details:

Download the 1.3 Stormy's DBSM, unzip the basemod;
navigate inside data folder and delete all but scripts and sound folder;
in the sound folder, delete sh.sdl

Download xxxx_beta6 add-on, unzip
same procedure as above, delete all but scripts and sound folder;
in the sound folder, delete sh.sdl

Re-zip both basemod and xxxx_beta6, call it TWoS_ADJUSTED_Stormys_DBSM.rar, store it for future use.

Unzip the changed mods into JSGME and activate them in last position, first the basemod then beta6.

You should be fine loading your last save.




Ok, I only found "Stormy's 1.3 DBSM" but when I wanted to download, I got on some fishing or commercial page, without downloading option.




Please, I need valid links for the german advanced voices & noises :Kaleun_Periskop:




Please

THEBERBSTER 08-22-18 06:59 AM

Hi T
Quote:

Ok, I only found "Stormy's 1.3 DBSM" but when I wanted to download, I got on some fishing or commercial page, without downloading option.
All Stormy's mods can be found in my SH5 Tutorials and can be downloaded from My Mediafire.

Stormys DBSM v1.3

Peter

kikinado 08-22-18 07:53 AM

SH5 WoS not working for me
 
Hey guys, I did install and reinstall it maybe 5 times, not joking!
everytime multiple windows appear in the harbor, cant close them...hence GAME OVER
anyone have a suggestion?
I run a WIN10 64bit
thx a lot:wah:
PS: I used to run it on WIN XP..but got new PC..and NOOOOOO :-(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.