SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Torpedo 05-03-16 11:32 AM

Binoculars with bearing
 
All right, here's the link to the mod "TWOS Binoculars with bearing by Torpedo v1". If you can, please let me know if the mod works, of course I tried it several times before.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xj...Torpedo_v1.zip

Good hunting!!!

Torpedo

Sone7 05-03-16 12:28 PM

Looking at your modification, I thought replacing the "blank" in Pages/Page binocular with "bearing" is all I need. Unfortunately not, and while I suppose the bearing display is there enabled, it probably is just out of screen space. Could You suggest how to deal with that?
Another thing is everybody plays at different screen resolution, so the binoculars mod You posted will probably not work for all subsimmers.
Thanks!

Tonci87 05-03-16 01:23 PM

You know what sucks guys? To shadow a huge convoy in the dark for quite some time, determine its speed course and position with the 4 bearing method, and then have it all ruined by the stupid bug where a destroyer starts to follow you in close proximity and sailing circles....... :/\\!!

Torpedo 05-03-16 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sone7 (Post 2401807)
Looking at your modification, I thought replacing the "blank" in Pages/Page binocular with "bearing" is all I need. Unfortunately not, and while I suppose the bearing display is there enabled, it probably is just out of screen space. Could You suggest how to deal with that?
Another thing is everybody plays at different screen resolution, so the binoculars mod You posted will probably not work for all subsimmers.
Thanks!

I advise you to download my MOD. The Page binocular.ini in TWOS is completely different from what I used. It is not enough to change the name blank.dds in binoculars.dds, I used a different Page binocular.ini that I edited. But I do not think it's a screen resolution problem. Only if you try my mod you can say that there are problems with other subsimmers.

Sjizzle 05-03-16 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2401797)
All right, here's the link to the mod "TWOS Binoculars with bearing by Torpedo v1". If you can, please let me know if the mod works, of course I tried it several times before.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xj...Torpedo_v1.zip

Good hunting!!!

Torpedo

no offece but u asked DrJone for permission to use magUI Binocular ?

Torpedo 05-03-16 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2401880)
no offece but u asked DrJone for permission to use magUI Binocular ?

I'm really sorry! I found that in some .dds mod that I liked but did not know who to ask for permission. Now I know and I thank you, I will ask now to DrJone the permission to use His Magui Binocular.

Torpedo

fitzcarraldo 05-03-16 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2401739)
No, I don't think so...

Yes. With OFEV you can put the crosshair in binos. No bearings. My mistake.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fitzcarraldo 05-03-16 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2401797)
All right, here's the link to the mod "TWOS Binoculars with bearing by Torpedo v1". If you can, please let me know if the mod works, of course I tried it several times before.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xj...Torpedo_v1.zip

Good hunting!!!

Torpedo

Working in my TWoS. Fine.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Sone7 05-04-16 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2401832)
I advise you to download my MOD. The Page binocular.ini in TWOS is completely different from what I used. It is not enough to change the name blank.dds in binoculars.dds, I used a different Page binocular.ini that I edited. But I do not think it's a screen resolution problem. Only if you try my mod you can say that there are problems with other subsimmers.

Sorry, I meant no harm ;)
Of course I tried your modification. On my setup the binocs work flawlessly, they are just bigger than in your screenshot so I barely see the fingers around. The lens take most of screen space. That's actually a good thing! But definitely screen size/resolution is a factor.

The reason behind my first answer was that I originally wanted to incorporate only the bearing alone.
Thanks Torpedo! :salute:
---------

Vecko,
I didn't find anything searching the thread, so I'll just need to ask. Did You ever consider incorporating Reaper's Enhaned Recognition Manual (edited by Zedi: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...php?t=172187)? It's basically the same thing as current XO dialog box, just looking better AND is compatible with NewUIs (added as optional). The reasons for that are mainly aesthetic. Having that mod, maybe just as optional, helps the immersion a lot if one doesn't like the stock GUI elements.
I tried enabling it above TWoS and didn't encounter problems, apart from ship length/width etc. not beaing displayed. Didn't care for that, as I still use the charts recognition manual.
Of course, one could continue using it as is, but I was hoping You could take a look at this or maybe just point out any major incompatibilities, if they exist.
Thanks in advance! :salute:

vdr1981 05-04-16 09:24 AM

@ Sone 07
That mod is very old and probably incompatible in many ways, but still, I'll see what I can do...

@ Torpedo
Do you know is it possible to add some volume to dc explosions sound in sh.sdl file? Maybe even to fix missing sea surfacing sound for type VIIb?:hmm2: I don't know much about sh.sdl editing...

AVGWarhawk 05-04-16 09:35 AM

vdr1981,

Really enjoying your mod. Thanks for putting it together and supporting the mod.

vdr1981 05-04-16 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2402033)
vdr1981,

Really enjoying your mod. Thanks for putting it together and supporting the mod.

SH veterans are very nitpicking and hard to please category and to see that some of them actually enjoy this expansion always gives me a fresh dose of will not to quit. Thank you very much!:salute:

THEBERBSTER 05-04-16 10:48 AM

Hi Vecko
Morale boost time:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Salute:my way of saying I appreciate your hard work on making SH5 playable again.
Thank you from Peter

KaleuJona 05-04-16 11:06 AM

Good Work!
 
I complain so much about this Expansion, but i really, REALLY appreciate, how you make this game playable AND enjoyable and how much work you put into it...
Thanks :up::up::up:

Sone7 05-04-16 11:24 AM

It's one of the best things that have happened to SH5, Vecko ;) Everywhere I go I see people playing the V with TWoS, and only because of TWoS. Most had gave up on the complicated process of compiling mod setups. Your work makes the difference!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.