SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 08-30-15 12:51 PM

How to use TDW Options File Editor Viewer with The Wolves of Steel Megamod

http://s6.postimg.cc/5famob69d/Capture.jpg

1 - Go to "Silent Hunter 5/data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer" and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe(or use desktop shortcut) , select desired language...
2 - Click "File", then top "Open" and browse "Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu" for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and select it.
3 - Explore the options, make and save your changes.

* Note that after you click "Save", program has to be restarted in order to make more changes.

MrMessick 08-31-15 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2340602)
The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Patch 4 changelog:

Snapshot changes:
-

Other tweaks:
- Removed 105mm deck gun upgrade. It doesn't work... 105mm gun on type VII U-Boat is also very unrealistic.

Love your mod VDR but while you are right it is unrealistic for the VII to have the 105mm there isn't much else for upgrade purposes with the deck gun. So for game reasons i modified your patch to allow it back for me, just to allow a sense of progression etc. This is me nitpicking, overall i give WOS an A+ in my book.

vdr1981 08-31-15 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMessick (Post 2340805)
Love your mod VDR but while you are right it is unrealistic for the VII to have the 105mm there isn't much else for upgrade purposes with the deck gun. So for game reasons i modified your patch to allow it back for me, just to allow a sense of progression etc. This is me nitpicking, overall i give WOS an A+ in my book.

I understand..But the problem is because the upgrade doesn't work at all. If you "buy" 105mm deck you will just lose your renown points...:-? I realized that just recently but I don't know how to fix it. The problem is somewhere deep in EUF files, I guess...

MrMessick 08-31-15 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2340808)
I understand..But the problem is because the upgrade doesn't work at all. If you "buy" 105mm deck you will just lose your renown points...:-? I realized that just recently but I don't know how to fix it. The problem is somewhere deep in EUF files, I guess...

Ah didn't realize that, figures you have have another good reason to take it out other than for realism :).

Guess i will revert back to your original patch 4 just to keep myself from wasting the renown then, atleast until there may be a fix for it.

didi0705 09-01-15 03:23 AM

change from Version 1.03+Patch5 to Version1.04+Patch4?

Hello,

I have installed the mod "Wolves of Steel" Version 1.03 incl. Patch 5.

Now, I would like to change to the Version 1.04 incl. Patch 4.

How do I do this?

Thank you for your support.

regards
monty0705

andrewdok 09-01-15 08:26 AM

Crashes

I must say I'm loving the mod so far but I've been having experiencing constant crashes. I have tried everything, installing fresh copies and following the instructions perfectly. I have also tried on my laptop and my desktop and I still have the same problem. It will usually crash when I am attempting to use time compression but it has also crashed during 1x gameplay. I am not sure what kind of information I can give to help diagnose what is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. When the game works, it is amazing.. I love the mod so much!

vdr1981 09-01-15 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by didi0705 (Post 2341075)
Hello,

I have installed the mod "Wolves of Steel" Version 1.03 incl. Patch 5.

Now, I would like to change to the Version 1.04 incl. Patch 4.

How do I do this?

Thank you for your support.

regards
monty0705

Just follow install instruction. Versions are NOT gamesave compatible unfortunately...

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewdok (Post 2341135)
I must say I'm loving the mod so far but I've been having experiencing constant crashes. I have tried everything, installing fresh copies and following the instructions perfectly. I have also tried on my laptop and my desktop and I still have the same problem. It will usually crash when I am attempting to use time compression but it has also crashed during 1x gameplay. I am not sure what kind of information I can give to help diagnose what is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. When the game works, it is amazing.. I love the mod so much!

Hey andrewdok and welcome!:salute:

You must give me more information in order to track your issue because , if treated right, WoS is very stable platform...

Is official v1.2.0 patch installed?
Steam version of the game by any chance?
Did you find install instructions clear enough?
Did you save/reload the game when you first time entered bunker in Memel?

RoflCopter4 09-01-15 06:57 PM

I have never been able to solve the constant crashing. I think it has to do with high TC, but ultimately the problem is that SH5 is a rather buggy game.

andrewdok 09-01-15 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2341141)
Is official v1.2.0 patch installed?
Steam version of the game by any chance?
Did you find install instructions clear enough?
Did you save/reload the game when you first time entered bunker in Memel?

I'm afraid to get ahead of myself but I believe I have fixed my issue, I have done three missions with no crashes. I'm not sure what I did to fix it but I did three things:

1. I reinstalled patch 4, I believe before I had just copied the contents of the .rar file to the Mods folder, this time I opened it up and saw the contents matched that of the sh5 folder so I extracted it directly there and overwrite the files it suggested.
2. I re-ran the GenericPatcher, I realized I had been skipping the last step where you 'restore snapshot'
3. Finally I saved after entering bunker on the first mission and then completely closed the game and loaded the save, prior I had been saving it and then hitting escape and loading from there.

I don't know which of these things solved my issue but I'm a happy camper. Hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes.

Thanks again for all the work that's been put into this mod, I'm glad to be a part of this great community!

Aktungbby 09-01-15 08:46 PM

welcome aboard!

andrewdok!:Kaleun_Salute:after a twelve hour: thirteen minute silent run!:03:

littelmaster 09-02-15 02:43 AM

Hello vdr1981

I was trying to have a flag on my sub. I was trying to add SubFlags_0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith and have a lot of CTD.

I found in this thread number 1413 page 95 that you had the same problem.

Question – did you find how to make it work?

Next think is Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=195193&page=8

You have asked how to get back diving drill – any update on this question also.

I have tried to edit SpecialAbilities.upc I even copy/past the original file but not solving problem.

I have solved the problem of stopping sub when surface (engine not switching from electric to diesel)

As THEBERBSTER said there is some delay option. In my case this was set to 10sec (default).

I just change it to 5 sec save and then change again to 10 sec save and that’s it working now.

Regards

THEBERBSTER 09-02-15 04:41 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > andrewdok:subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.:salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning :up:
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos:ping:

MrMessick 09-02-15 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littelmaster (Post 2341315)
Hello vdr1981

I was trying to have a flag on my sub. I was trying to add SubFlags_0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith and have a lot of CTD.

The issue with the Subflags and WOS is the SH.dll file. If you download the All sounds mod which includes a compatibility fix SH.dll for sub flags and other mods that add to the file. once you replace that SH.dll file with the all sounds version the subflags will show. It does not look right though as the flag pole itself is without texture so is out of place and ugly. I have gotten it to work CTD free with both WOS and Sober's mega mod but i don't use it mainly because of the no texture on the flag pole.

Jimbuna 09-02-15 07:37 AM

Welcome to SubSim andrew :sunny:

littelmaster 09-02-15 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMessick (Post 2341346)
The issue with the Subflags and WOS is the SH.dll file. If you download the All sounds mod which includes a compatibility fix SH.dll for sub flags and other mods that add to the file. once you replace that SH.dll file with the all sounds version the subflags will show. It does not look right though as the flag pole itself is without texture so is out of place and ugly. I have gotten it to work CTD free with both WOS and Sober's mega mod but i don't use it mainly because of the no texture on the flag pole.

Hello

Thank you for your answer I will try to check this *.dll files and sees what happen how this flag look

Regards