SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 07-15-15 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainFunk (Post 2328773)
Firstly Thanks for all your work on this mod - excellent stuff.

Welcome to subsim, Captain! :Kaleun_Salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainFunk (Post 2328773)
A quick question - is there a way to change the SH3 dials UI back to the ones used in TWOS 1.03?

Sure. From TWoS' FAQ:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165721)
- I want more custom settings in order to set gameplay options to suit my playing style...
Sure..Withing the modpack is contained an awesome TDW User Options File Editor Viewer application. Search forums for more and make a good use of it...LINK

Aktungbby 07-15-15 11:09 AM

welcome aboard!

jannlord & CaptainFunk(after a long silent run):Kaleun_Salute:on your respective first posts! :yeah:

CaptainFunk 07-15-15 11:34 AM

Thanks Guys - Doh I read that and never put 2+2 together!

Yes back after a good few years! Looking forward to some action !:up:

THEBERBSTER 07-15-15 12:32 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > CaptainFunk :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:

Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos :ping:

http://i61.tinypic.com/10igjed.jpg

jannlord 07-15-15 12:42 PM

Thanks for all the tips and a warm welcome :D
I finally managed to get used to manual torpedo targeting and it feels so much more satisfying when you hit your target :arrgh!:
Now the real game begins I feel.

CaptainFunk 07-15-15 01:17 PM

Ok Im just making sure of something before I destroy my installation :wah:

I need to:

-disable mega mod and associated options in JSGME.
- Then start the OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe in the D:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer folder
- Point the various files to the correct paths (My installation is on D not C)
- Amend whichever options
-Exit / Save
- Re-enable Mod and options in JSGME?

Do I have to run the generic patcher again? or is that it?

One other stupid question - does the Stadimeter work in this version? I manually ID the ship (I know auto req is off) , send mast height to TDC then click the stadimeter button in TDC but NADA?

Am I missing something or is the idea that I need to use the RAOB method?

Sorry for questions / feel like a noob again! :oops:

gap 07-15-15 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainFunk (Post 2328839)
Ok Im just making sure of something before I destroy my installation :wah:

I need to:

-disable mega mod and associated options in JSGME.
- Then start the OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe in the D:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer folder
- Point the various files to the correct paths (My installation is on D not C)
- Amend whichever options
-Exit / Save
- Re-enable Mod and options in JSGME?

Correct :up:

Quote:

Do I have to run the generic patcher again? or is that it?

No need to: patched files are not modified by UI option editor.

Quote:

One other stupid question - does the Stadimeter work in this version? I manually ID the ship (I know auto req is off) , send mast height to TDC then click the stadimeter button in TDC but NADA?

Have you tried toggling TDC imput mod to either on/off while using the stadimeter? It is the central button in TDC interface.

CaptainFunk 07-15-15 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2328846)
Have you tried toggling TDC imput mod to either on/off while using the stadimeter? It is the central button in TDC interface.

You mean the little red manual toggle button? Yes I think I did , didn't seem to make a difference. The main thing is that I take it from your response that the stadimeter should still work in this version? Maybe it is something to do with my manual Identify process? You do just dying the ship and click the 'send mast height to TDC ' text button don't you? Any thing else? (I noticed this didn't update the XO dialong I.e it still stated unknown tanker.

Vice84 07-15-15 05:21 PM

Hello, i'm new on this forum, i've just installed this awsome mod..
There's a sort of tutorial or guide on how to manage on ALL THIS?
I've played the vanilla game, without even doing a single manual shot of torpedoes and now i not even understand how to set a course of my sub and how to check my position :yeah:

I wanna learn this and i can't handle just "try by myself" because there's SO MUCH to do :D :hmmm:

Pressurised 07-15-15 07:59 PM

So I managed the 1.0.3 install fine, but after uninstalling and deleting all folders for the reinstall and 1.0.4 TWOS, I just cant get it to work. Base game is running, but no TWOS. I've tried several times following instructions exactly, I got 1.0.3 working first try :s What should I try, redownloading the 1.0.4 mod again? Am I missing something with the uninstallation?

hocking 07-15-15 08:24 PM

To get the stadimeter to work, I think you have to have the WO window open (click the space bar). In fact, I think you have to have the WO window open in order to send the mast height to the TDC. Try that and see if it works.

jannlord 07-15-15 10:40 PM

Hey guys, is there a reliable method to plot an intercept course? In the let's play of the norsecast he explains it a bit, but also has a fix point (the harbor that the ship is propably heading for) however in the open sea that doesn't work too well :wah::wah::wah:
If I search for help on google its mostly for stock Silent Hunter 5!
Any help would be appreciated!

CaptainFunk 07-16-15 03:29 AM

Stadimeter sorted and very embarrassing haha I forgot it only worked in the attack scope. I was in the observation scope. Doh.

Jimbuna 07-16-15 05:52 AM

Welcome to SubSim jannlord & CaptainFunk :sunny:

RoflCopter4 07-16-15 02:14 PM

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just cannot get this game to work without it crashing every couple of minutes. This is the buggiest game I have ever seen in my life. How on earth am I supposed to make this work? It was a little better when vanilla (although not much), so I know the mod is making it even worse.