SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Virus support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252885)

Andreius333 06-06-22 02:58 AM

Virus support

Hello, i recently downloaded the mod from the link here available, but for some reasons after a few uses avast detected the game files as "IDP.GENERIC"
I checked on virustotal too and the .exe file seems to try to connect to some IPs, is the download safe and i can play it or what should i do?

Aktungbby 06-06-22 10:19 AM

Welcome aboard!

Andreius333!:Kaleun_Salute:

Mad Mardigan 06-06-22 10:57 AM

Re: Ahoy there...

Andreius333!.! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jeff-Groves 06-06-22 11:07 AM

You need to tell us the name of said program.
Lots of Spammers do a single post about crazy things so you need to provide proof.

Mad Mardigan 06-06-22 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andreius333 (Post 2812559)
Hello, i recently downloaded the mod from the link here available, but for some reasons after a few uses avast detected the game files as "IDP.GENERIC"
I checked on virustotal too and the .exe file seems to try to connect to some IPs, is the download safe and i can play it or what should i do?

As Jeff-Groves pointed out, would be... a good idea, if you provided more info.. particularly on what mod this is related to, beyond just saying that that issue was faced.

It could well be a... false positive report from Avast, (& that can occur with other anti virus programs, as well... :yep:) that mistakenly tag mods as well... being a virus.

Have seen even some game exe's, get mistakenly tagged as being a trojan horse as well as a virus.

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Andreius333 06-07-22 11:25 AM

Yes i apologize for the error, i was playing on the LSH official mod with the steam game, i contacted avast too and they marked it as a false positive, anyway thanks for the answers

Andreius333 06-07-22 11:27 AM

And the version was the 2022

Jimbuna 06-08-22 12:48 PM

Welcome aboard :Kaleun_Salute:

Mad Mardigan 06-08-22 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andreius333 (Post 2812814)
Yes i apologize for the error, i was playing on the LSH official mod with the steam game, i contacted avast too and they marked it as a false positive, anyway thanks for the answers

No sweat, just something to keep in mind for future reference, that the more info provided, the better... & sometimes even adding in some screenshots, helps as well. :yep:

Glad you were able to get it sorted out & dare I say it... Ahh what the heck... Ship shape.:D :up:

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.! :Kaleun_Cheers:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Jeff-Groves 06-08-22 12:55 PM

Thanks Mate!
And Welcome Aboard!
:salute: