SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THE_MASK 05-20-15 07:43 PM

Who would of thought that I would still be playing a game that was based on a game (SH3) released in 2005 . The same year that Battlefiel2 , Call of duty 2 , Empire earth 2 , Myst 5 , The sims 2 were released .

tkdb17 05-21-15 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2315139)
Who would of thought that I would still be playing a game that was based on a game (SH3) released in 2005 . The same year that Battlefiel2 , Call of duty 2 , Empire earth 2 , Myst 5 , The sims 2 were released .

That's almost as bad as me, I still play a few games that came out 15years ago

Just some classic's you can't beat :rock:

kevinsue 05-22-15 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2315139)

I've had the same game on every computer I've ever owned in one incarnation or another since it was released in 1998. No matter what the latest and greatest I try in the genre, I always seem to revert back to this classic! :yep: I'm certain that Silent Hunter 5 will be there right alongside it on any future computer I get! :smug:

http://i61.tinypic.com/doq6n6.jpg

adrians69 05-23-15 10:11 AM

I also have this with the Benchmark Sims BMS 4.32 mod. Unbelievable realism when you use that. I also used to fly in an online squadron. This sim is worth a small fortune now if you have the original big box release complete with all documentation etc.

Lexstock 05-23-15 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenz69 (Post 2314814)
hello VDR and THANKS A LOT for this mod !! couple of years ago I did attempt to play SH5 but I was stuck in modding, take too much time for me. So I was just watchin Schafer vids on YT to feed my Uboat needs lol.

Today I just reinstalled the game following your instruction. But I have questions, I think most of them are just noob question about how to use and set option to fit my tast with TDW UI and I will search the forum to answer theme, but my MAIN issue right now is a QWERTY/AZERTY situation, I'm in azerty and the game is now responding to qwerty inputs, I don't now how to fix this.

I'm in AZERTY as well, I fixed it by adding a QWERTY keyboard setting to my language keyboard stuff in windows, then when you load up your game, press SHIFT + ALT at the same time, and your keyboard will swith to QWERTY. Works like a charm every time for me :)

Sjizzle 05-23-15 04:44 PM

aloha VDR1981
take a look here it's fill up perfect in your Mega mod :P

kevinsue 05-23-15 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrians69 (Post 2315679)
I also have this with the Benchmark Sims BMS 4.32 mod. Unbelievable realism when you use that. I also used to fly in an online squadron. This sim is worth a small fortune now if you have the original big box release complete with all documentation etc.

I also run BMS 4.32. My original copy of F4 had that huge 600 page hardcopy manual with metal ringbinders, with charts, comms book and all kinds of things in the cover sleeves. The day I got it, we were hit with a Tropical Cyclone, so at least I could read the manual while waiting the fortnight or so it took to restore electricity to my area! :wah:

I stumbled onto the Silent Hunter series quite by accident. I found SH3 in a bargain bin one day while shopping. During the course of the morning I came across SH4 and later SH5. Rather than go through the hassle of returning the first two, I thought what the hell...under $10 each, not worth the effort so (luckily for me) I took them all home and loaded up SH5.

After updating to v1.2, I decided to check out what info I could find about the game on the net and discovered Subsim!:subsim: Seeing the Subsim community involvement and spirit, the myriad of mods available and general interest in Silent Hunter, I thought WOW! This has got to be the nautical equivalent of F4!

The work being done by vdr1981, sober and Sjizzle et al. with their megamods, is similar in aim to that of BMS and F4. That is, to take the best of what is available in mods etc, and amalgamate them into a stable and enjoyable platform for the player. I sincerely hope that they will be rewarded for all their efforts by seeing old and new players and modders returning to the fold and restoring that heady momentum that SH5 enjoyed prior to the infamous tonnage bar bug. :yep:

kevinsue 05-23-15 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2315760)
aloha VDR1981
take a look here it's fill up perfect in your Mega mod :P

Hey Sjizzle....thats fantastic!!:yeah: I just asked Shaefer if he would be able to include a target intercept using the attack disk in one of his "Lets Play" episodes on YT. Looks like just what he needs to make this happen.:yep:

adrians69 05-24-15 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2315781)
I also run BMS 4.32. My original copy of F4 had that huge 600 page hardcopy manual with metal ringbinders, with charts, comms book and all kinds of things in the cover sleeves. The day I got it, we were hit with a Tropical Cyclone, so at least I could read the manual while waiting the fortnight or so it took to restore electricity to my area! :wah:

I stumbled onto the Silent Hunter series quite by accident. I found SH3 in a bargain bin one day while shopping. During the course of the morning I came across SH4 and later SH5. Rather than go through the hassle of returning the first two, I thought what the hell...under $10 each, not worth the effort so (luckily for me) I took them all home and loaded up SH5.

After updating to v1.2, I decided to check out what info I could find about the game on the net and discovered Subsim!:subsim: Seeing the Subsim community involvement and spirit, the myriad of mods available and general interest in Silent Hunter, I thought WOW! This has got to be the nautical equivalent of F4!

The work being done by vdr1981, sober and Sjizzle et al. with their megamods, is similar in aim to that of BMS and F4. That is, to take the best of what is available in mods etc, and amalgamate them into a stable and enjoyable platform for the player. I sincerely hope that they will be rewarded for all their efforts by seeing old and new players and modders returning to the fold and restoring that heady momentum that SH5 enjoyed prior to the infamous tonnage bar bug. :yep:

I have the original big box version of Falcon also and it's complete, along with the Prima Official Guide. I got it from my wife for a birthday present back in 1999 just after it was released in Dec 98. You can easily pay £30 just for the disc in its plastic case on eBay!!

I play SH4 & 5 now and used to have 2 & 3 also. I must say I was disappointed with 5 initially, but now with the mega mod it's much better.

jimenez 05-24-15 05:53 AM

thks

well done,tis page is coool

THE_MASK 05-24-15 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2315781)

People have actually done patrols entirely on 1X time compression , i kid you not .

kevinsue 05-24-15 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2315907)
People have actually done patrols entirely on 1X time compression , i kid you not .

I was seriously thinking, being a realism buff, that doing a patrol at 1X time compression is a jolly good idea! If you exercised a bit of self control and limited yourself to playing for only say....3 hours a day, you could roll up all of the campaigns of the war in only 14600 days so you would have whole game clocked by 2055. Piece of cake ole son!:yep:

mobucks 05-24-15 09:56 AM

This mod is running so stable on my 7 year old CPU. It's like, I finally get to play SH5! Thanks again SUBSIM modders!

THEBERBSTER 05-24-15 10:52 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > jiminez :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :up:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos :ping:

mbarbaric 05-24-15 12:24 PM

I'd like to ask for some help. I've managed to install and everything was playing well for few days but now i notice that when i click on the "book" icon, i think third from below on right side (where you get charts for traffic and so on), i only get the boats ID handbook. there is no the menu that used to pop up before, only the handbook.

when i installed the mod i did it freshly and went the normal install with realistic navigation mod. later i have removed it from GJSCE or (whatever is the name of mod enabler) and i have noticed i miss all the stuff but handbook. since then i have reloaded the realistic navigation but still i see only the handbook.

anyone has an idea?

THEBERBSTER 05-24-15 01:30 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > mbarbaric :subsim:
You Will Always Fnd Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :up:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos :ping:

mobucks 05-24-15 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbarbaric (Post 2315973)
I'd like to ask for some help. I've managed to install and everything was playing well for few days but now i notice that when i click on the "book" icon, i think third from below on right side (where you get charts for traffic and so on), i only get the boats ID handbook. there is no the menu that used to pop up before, only the handbook.

when i installed the mod i did it freshly and went the normal install with realistic navigation mod. later i have removed it from GJSCE or (whatever is the name of mod enabler) and i have noticed i miss all the stuff but handbook. since then i have reloaded the realistic navigation but still i see only the handbook.

anyone has an idea?

Open your SH5 folder. Inside that there are ~10 files with the extension .TDW

ex. PageShipsJournal_Draggables.TDW

DELETE all the .TDW files, and new ones will be created when you start the game again. Deleting these files resets the position of the various UI elements. Sometimes when you drag things around the game bugs and forgets the position you dragged it to, and re-adjusts it off screen the next time you start the game.

kenz69 05-25-15 09:46 AM

some questions

hello, I did manage to get my key working with the key mapper and that's cool.

I found the game a little laggy (stock game was very very smooth, no lag at all with my config core2duo 3Ghz and nvdidia gt640)

I have some questions,

first of all I can find the charts with Speed/Distance/Time, I find the recognition manual, all the charts with flags, convoy routes etc..

every time I ask my navigator for a fix, I have first a weather report, is that normal ?

watch people stay on deck when submerging, is that normal ?

THEBERBSTER 05-25-15 01:39 PM

Hi kenz

Check this out.

Antilag By Kegetys > Curing Lagging - Stutter - Seizures

Peter

kenz69 05-25-15 02:57 PM

This worked ! Awesome, i'm getting more and more confident in the fact that i will finally start to make a silent hunter patrol once in my life. Thank you very much

Can i find somewhere the speed/time/distance charts in pdf/jpg format so i can print them, can't find them in the UI anf i need them for real nav.