SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

psjdb 08-27-20 03:25 PM

CTD when saving on uboat

So i fixed the above map issue with a new install, and the latest version of the Mega mod, now everything appears to be working well except it CTD when i save on the Uboat, no problems saving in the bunker though, anyone know what maybe my issue, ?, will do another fresh install but was hoping to avoid that and get on patrol haha.
Cheers.

psjdb 08-28-20 06:51 AM

Re Save game issue

So third time lucky, uninstalled game removed all folders and files, reinstalled following all instructions and so far everything is working perfectly.
Awesome mod and looking forward to getting my teeth into it again.
Cheers.

vdr1981 08-28-20 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psjdb (Post 2692433)
So third time lucky, uninstalled game removed all folders and files, reinstalled following all instructions and so far everything is working perfectly.
Awesome mod and looking forward to getting my teeth into it again.
Cheers.

Great to hear that! :up: Can you tell us what was the problem in the first two installments? Something confusing in PDF install instructions maybe?:hmmm:

psjdb 08-28-20 02:24 PM

Re third time lucky

No instructions were great, I think it was due to a folder that wasn't deleted with the other two installs.
I spent alot of time after this uninstall scouring every possible place for folders or files and found another SH5 folder with config files etc that i wasn't aware of .
The only other issue was the journal when i edited the name and boat number would save but when checked again would be back to the default, not sure if this was causing the save issue but, anyway after deleting the discovered folder and carrying out the fresh install and loading the mod using the same download i might add, all is working perfectly.
Cheers.

les green01 08-30-20 08:57 PM

i'm having poblem with the eyesight is there anyway i can make the writing bigger in the notepad or radio messages so i can see it better

Simon 09-01-20 03:32 PM

Na, Männer?

I was wondering if there is a printable recognition manual for the variety of ships in WoS or at least an excel spreadsheet with data like length, draft, mast height etc. for each ship, because going ship by ship in the ingame recognition manual is very slow considering the variety of ships.

Or maybe there is a way to do this quicker which I am not aware of.

Thank you.

ChrisKilla101 09-03-20 11:39 AM

I printed this one years ago: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hng2zh...dbuch.pdf/file
It's definitly nice to have but i think it's for the vanilla version of the game so it's incomplete. I'm not even sure if its measurements are accurate.
It would be great if someone with the right skillset could make something similiar for WoS.
Happy hunting,
Chris
P.S. I wondered if anyone knows where I could find a printable map preferably with Kriegsmarine grid? Thanks in advance.

Texas Red 09-03-20 01:18 PM

Welcome aboard matey!

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5603

Try this, ChrisKilla101.

ChrisKilla101 09-03-20 01:39 PM

Wow, thanks alot for your quick answer the beast! Thats exactly what i had in mind. I've been searching for years. Hopefully it's still readable after printing. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Texas Red 09-03-20 02:10 PM

You're welcome. And yes, it is still readable, I use it and I can still read it just fine.

psjdb 09-03-20 08:20 PM

end patrol issue

Hi, i'm having an issue ending my first patrol, do you need to wait for the operation end date ? I have achieved all patrol conditions early and was ordered to return to base. end date is the 4th sept I'm trying to dock on the 2nd and get no anchor despite saving and restarting game, load game and the shift Z trick still no anchor.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
cheers.

vdr1981 09-04-20 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psjdb (Post 2693634)
Hi, i'm having an issue ending my first patrol, do you need to wait for the operation end date ? I have achieved all patrol conditions early and was ordered to return to base. end date is the 4th sept I'm trying to dock on the 2nd and get no anchor despite saving and restarting game, load game and the shift Z trick still no anchor.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
cheers.

Pay more attention to your radio messages.:yep: You should go to Kiel...

psjdb 09-04-20 07:03 AM

Thanks for that, I headed for the base that was showing the uboat base symbol.

Sakapatate 09-12-20 09:30 AM

Ahoy camarades,

I have a problem, I am not playing with the real navigation mod, but I have the impression that it installs itself after the first patrol; when I return to port and request my next mission, there is no patrol area displayed on the map and, once at sea, the BDU sends me messages like "convoy in your sector" with coordinates .

The problem is, I can't uninstall because it doesn't.

And I am not yet ready to learn the mathematic of longitudes yet.

Thank you.

derstosstrupp 09-12-20 10:08 AM

To be clear, the real navigation mod does not force you to do any nav calculations yourself. It removes your icon from the map and your navigator will keep a dead reckoning and obtain celestial fixes when weather permits. No need to do anything on your end - you can ask for a DR plot or fix (weather permitting) anytime.