SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Bojanpopovic 04-19-19 05:41 AM

Hi. Can somebody tell me how to use FAT torpedo with search ladder pattern? I mean, how to set up my torpedo, before fires on upcoming convoy? Thanks

THEBERBSTER 04-19-19 11:37 AM

Hi B
How To Use Fat Torpedoes In Silent Hunter 5 > Pictorial
Peter

Bojanpopovic 04-20-19 05:16 AM

Thank you T.

One more question. How destroyer can detect me when i am submerged with all engines stop? Well, I took best position in front of convoy, submerged and ordered -batlle stations
-silent run
-all stop(engines stop),
I lowered periscope down too, and wait for first destroyer to pass above near me. when he came close, they raise alarm!

I mean, how they can discover me, after all these measures i have taken. Is that historically acurrate-that DD could detect submarine when submerged, with all engines stop, when pass above her?

kapuhy 04-20-19 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2604428)
Thank you T.

One more question. How destroyer can detect me when i am submerged with all engines stop? Well, I took best position in front of convoy, submerged and ordered -batlle stations
-silent run
-all stop(engines stop),
I lowered periscope down too, and wait for first destroyer to pass above near me. when he came close, they raise alarm!

I mean, how they can discover me, after all these measures i have taken. Is that historically acurrate-that DD could detect submarine when submerged, with all engines stop, when pass above her?

One possibility is they got ASDIC contact on you. Did you hear the pinging sound as they rose alarm?

Bojanpopovic 04-20-19 05:22 AM

Yes there was 2-3 pings, just when they detected me

Bojanpopovic 04-20-19 05:31 AM

When setting up the straight run for FAT topedoes, are these numbers in meters? (i.e. When i set up on 125, how much meters are that?)

Tonci87 04-20-19 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2604434)
When setting up the straight run for FAT topedoes, are these numbers in meters? (i.e. When i set up on 125, how much meters are that?)

That should be 12,5km
I believe the scale to be in m x 100

Bojanpopovic 04-20-19 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2604438)
That should be 12,5km
I believe the scale to be in m x 100

Yes, it seems logically, as torpedo range is 12,5 km

hauangua 04-20-19 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2604200)
Back after a long Break. What does the loading screen look like now? It doesn稚 say wolves of steel does it?

Mine says open horizons

Did I mess up the installation?

Yes mess up installation I'm sorry but need uninstall, delete SH5 folder in C/document and reinstall

bstanko6 04-20-19 03:58 PM

@Bojanpopvich...

Also, while you were quiet and just sitting there, a couple of things could have given you away...

1) you can’t be quiet while at battle stations. There are 2 battle stations. One through the XO when being depth charged, and the other through the watch officer for attack. Either way they make noises while in battle stations.

2) they could have spotted your periscope long before you put it down.

Click on my signature below and check out my video on periscope discipline. You will be surprised how easy you can give yourself away if you are not careful!

Lanzfeld 04-20-19 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2604499)
Yes mess up installation I'm sorry but need uninstall, delete SH5 folder in C/document and reinstall

Are you sure? It says wolves of steel in the upper left. Are you sure yours doesn稚 say open horizons anywhere?

vdr1981 04-20-19 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2604556)
Are you sure? It says wolves of steel in the upper left. Are you sure yours doesn’t say open horizons anywhere?

You mentioned "loading screen" in your post IIRC?

Sauroketh 04-20-19 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604566)

Thanks heavens, you are back:Kaleun_Applaud:
As usual, I'm finding answers on my own, but this time I'm about to be desperate. How did you manage to turn off the gunfire tracking line and SLOW THE DECK GUN platform rotation? It's becoming a true nightmare, I can't figure out how this is being coded.

Lanzfeld 04-20-19 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604566)

I guess I知 in the screen where you select a save the game. It says open horizons there. I知 just wondering if I am where I知 supposed to be. I知 sorry I知 really confused here. Are you trying to help?

hauangua 04-21-19 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2604556)
Are you sure? It says wolves of steel in the upper left. Are you sure yours doesn’t say open horizons anywhere?

Ohhhhhh now I understand what screen you were talking about,I had misunderstood before.
If in upper left TWoS all is good.
"Open horizons" on the top in main menu is normal, your installation is correct....forgive me again for my misunderstand
Good Hunt Lanzfeld
:salute: