SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Faamecanic 07-08-17 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2498015)
This one?:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5071

:lol: we posted at almost the same time! :lol:

THIS was the mod that I have....it has everything I was talking about. AND it has been improved over the one I had, as it has Year specific news reports and such 1939 - 1943 (or there abouts)

EXCELLENT.... :Kaleun_Cheers:

fitzcarraldo 07-08-17 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2498588)
THIS was the mod that I have....it has everything I was talking about. AND it has been improved over the one I had, as it has Year specific news reports and such 1939 - 1943 (or there abouts)

Waiting it.....

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

excel4004 07-08-17 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2498588)

vdr1981 is this the version of "Grossdeutscher_Rundfunk" ( 10-23-2016) you added in the last update of TWoS 2.0/2.0.4?

fitzcarraldo 07-08-17 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2498594)
vdr1981 is this the version of "Grossdeutscher_Rundfunk" ( 10-23-2016) you added in the last update of TWoS 2.0/2.0.4?

Good question. I think this had some new tracks.

Regards.

excel4004 07-08-17 04:21 PM

Ahh, ok thanks for that info but specially i would like to know if the
Quote:

"as it has Year specific news reports and such 1939 - 1943"
are in the right order in the last version of TWoS or/and if anybody can report something about that "news orders bug"?

Had in the past , at the beginning mission in Danzig Bay (1939), a news from 1942. So i delete my old (own) Grossdeutscher Rundfunk file and using now the GDR file from TWoS 2.0/2.0.4.

palmic 07-09-17 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2498493)
My professional but rebellious crew likes American Jazz. For German music Beethoven Wagner and Richard Strauss. No propaganda music. We are the Kriegsmarine not the nazi party!

I dont think german 30's music is any kind of nazzi :)
Some Kaleunen liked american jazz at ubote (e.g. Werner Henke)

But it doesn't seams to me so authentic as pure german :)

fitzcarraldo 07-09-17 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2498701)
I dont thing german 30's music is any kind of nazzi :)
Some Kaleunen liked american jazz at ubote (e.g. Werner Henke)

But it doesn't seams to me so authentic as pure german :)

Of course. But I don't like all the day with Deutschland Uber Alles! I prefer Tipperary!

Greetings

Faamecanic 07-10-17 04:19 PM

Just saw the news reports are in the TWOS mod as well.. I assume you have to tune to different radio channels to hear them?

I think everything I have is also in TWOs... so I have nothing to add if that's the case.

fitzcarraldo 07-10-17 04:23 PM

I will check it. I added a lot of music and radios to my TWoS.....Many channels, only lacks HBO.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Grimm862 07-10-17 07:05 PM

I keep getting this error when trying to use the options changer program. I want to use the SH3 ui and I keep getting this. Also the options menu for the map is just black I get no text in it, I can see all the checkmarks but there is no text just a black background. I installed the direct X with SH5 is there another I need to install with TWOS?

http://i.imgur.com/HVhn63N.jpg

vdr1981 07-11-17 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2498613)
Ahh, ok thanks for that info but specially i would like to know if the [I] are in the right order in the last version of TWoS or/and if anybody can report something about that "news orders bug"?

Hard for me to tell because I can't understand German very well...
Anyway, all radio news are scripted in "Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound\Radio\Grossdeutscher Rundfunk\Events\events.ini" file.

Lohi 07-11-17 07:02 AM

:Kaleun_Salute:

So had a sale for sh5 so i finally bought it, imediately installed this mod, updae 2.04, real navigation and enigma thingy.

Can you reccomend any other mods that would be worthwhile to play with?

No exp in sh5 but i still have the sh3 with gwx and simply loved it.

Also how accurate is the sextant? As in could i use the tables and actually learn celestial navigation this way?

Thank you for the great mod.:Kaleun_Applaud:

fitzcarraldo 07-11-17 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lohi (Post 2499219)
:Kaleun_Salute:

So had a sale for sh5 so i finally bought it, imediately installed this mod, updae 2.04, real navigation and enigma thingy.

Can you reccomend any other mods that would be worthwhile to play with?

No exp in sh5 but i still have the sh3 with gwx and simply loved it.

Also how accurate is the sextant? As in could i use the tables and actually learn celestial navigation this way?

Thank you for the great mod.:Kaleun_Applaud:

Welcome!

You can use the addon mods by Vecko, totally compatible with TWoS.

Also I use the Unscratched Optics mod (a cosmetic change) and a lot of radios and gramophone tracks.

It is not recommended to add many "others" mods to TWoS. The combination is autosufficient and you don't need to add nothing for a great gameplay and candy eye. The Rusted Glory mod (rusty skin) is full compatible, with a darkness interior. The Nozaurio's skins are also compatible.

For real navigation TWoS contains an scripted system (recommended). Also you can use the manual real nav and the instruments are accurate, "as real as gets".

Enjoy and best regards!

Kendras 07-11-17 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2498014)
They may even be on subsim downloads still. If I recall it was called (pardon the horrible German spelling) Grosse Deutcher Rundfunk...

Edit: I think this is it!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5071

Wow, this mod is just amazing !!!! :o :o :o :o :o

:Kaleun_Applaud:

vdr1981 07-11-17 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendras (Post 2499243)
Wow, this mod is just amazing !!!! :o :o :o :o :o

:Kaleun_Applaud:

That version of "Grossdeutscher_Rundfunk" mod goes only to 1943 (stock game) and it does not have war news scripted by date. The news are random just like the other usual music tracks. I wouldn't recommend it...
TWoS contains much better, extended and revised version of this mod with scripted war news by date, plus I remember I fixed back then several CTD issues involved around news scripting ...