SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Aktungbby 02-09-17 06:41 PM

Welcome aboard!

Do0m!:Kaleun_Salute:

deicide 02-09-17 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2464641)
Friendly kill(s)...

Yup, that's the problem.
Time to start a new campaign and be a little more careful. :doh:

Thanks Much for the reply.

-deicide

elder_gutknecht 02-10-17 01:42 AM

And what happens if you find a convoy with english, free french and americans (USA) protected by english
Oct 1940, I know that you can sink the free french, but what about USA?

palmic 02-10-17 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deicide (Post 2464897)
Yup, that's the problem.
Time to start a new campaign and be a little more careful. :doh:

Thanks Much for the reply.

-deicide

Just load the game before your first successful friendly kill :)

palmic 02-10-17 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2464916)
And what happens if you find a convoy with english, free french and americans (USA) protected by english
Oct 1940, I know that you can sink the free french, but what about USA?

If you hit anything than enemy (ship of country with RED porst labels on map), you'll get CTD, sooner or later.
Dont bother with flags description, hostility of countries there is not exact.
Deal just with port labels.

THEBERBSTER 02-10-17 05:00 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Do0m
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Qel Hoth 02-10-17 05:50 AM

I just tried to install the mod but I'm having a slight issue. Google turned up some results in this thread from version 1.01 back in 2014, but I didn't see any solution, just a bunch of arguing...

- User Charts is blank
- Identification book just says OK, can't select any types
- UI does not report depth, speed, or course, they just stay at 0. Also clicking depth or course does not change anything, unsure if clicking speed changes it. Keyboard controls for speed and rudder work.
- Steam version, Win10

Steps:

1. Deleted all savegames in-game so they don't come back, then uninstalled and removed all SH5 files from the machine.

2. Installed fresh copy from Steam

3. Copied \common\SH5 to \common\SH5 - WoS

4. Ran SH5, started campaign, deleted savegame, exited SH5

5. Edited \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg and careerhistory.cfg as directed

6. Copied WoS 1.06 mod files to \SH5 - WoS, Copied 1.06 05c to \SH5 - WoS\MODS

7. Ran JSGME from \SH5 - WoS, enabled in this order:

1. WoS 1.06
2. WoS 1.06 05c
3. WoS Real Nav
4. WoS Encrypted

8. Followed steps here, renamed \SH5 - WoS\sh5.exe to sh5_steam.exe. Saved new sh5.exe from steps above as \SH5 - WoS\sh5.exe

9. Edited TDW patcher .cfg, replaced all paths with path to \SH5 - WoS

10. Ran TDW patcher, backed up, restored snapshot as directed.

11. Ran SH5 from \SH5 - WoS\sh5.exe, started campaign, saved, reloaded campaign. Noticed issue immediately after leaving bunker.

12. Deleted \SH5 - WoS folder, copied \SH5 to \SH5 - WoS

13 Repeat steps 6-12 three times, no change.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks

hauangua 02-10-17 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qel Hoth (Post 2464953)
I just tried to install the mod but I'm having a slight issue. Google turned up some results in this thread from version 1.01 back in 2014, but I didn't see any solution, just a bunch of arguing...

- User Charts is blank
- Identification book just says OK, can't select any types
- UI does not report depth, speed, or course, they just stay at 0. Also clicking depth or course does not change anything, unsure if clicking speed changes it. Keyboard controls for speed and rudder work.
- Steam version, Win10

Steps:

1. Deleted all savegames in-game so they don't come back, then uninstalled and removed all SH5 files from the machine.

2. Installed fresh copy from Steam

3. Copied \common\SH5 to \common\SH5 - WoS

4. Ran SH5, started campaign, deleted savegame, exited SH5

5. Edited \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg and careerhistory.cfg as directed

6. Copied WoS 1.06 mod files to \SH5 - WoS, Copied 1.06 05c to \SH5 - WoS\MODS

7. Ran JSGME from \SH5 - WoS, enabled in this order:

1. WoS 1.06
2. WoS 1.06 05c
3. WoS Real Nav
4. WoS Encrypted

8. Followed steps here, renamed \SH5 - WoS\sh5.exe to sh5_steam.exe. Saved new sh5.exe from steps above as \SH5 - WoS\sh5.exe

9. Edited TDW patcher .cfg, replaced all paths with path to \SH5 - WoS

10. Ran TDW patcher, backed up, restored snapshot as directed.

11. Ran SH5 from \SH5 - WoS\sh5.exe, started campaign, saved, reloaded campaign. Noticed issue immediately after leaving bunker.

12. Deleted \SH5 - WoS folder, copied \SH5 to \SH5 - WoS

13 Repeat steps 6-12 three times, no change.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks

Hi mate... problem is steam
post #1 "not for steam version "
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

Qel Hoth 02-10-17 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2464957)
Hi mate... problem is steam
post #1 "not for steam version "
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

And halfway down that post in Step 5 are instructions for "workaround for Steam version" which I followed.

hauangua 02-10-17 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qel Hoth (Post 2464958)
And halfway down that post in Step 5 are instructions for "workaround for Steam version" which I followed.

I had steam following instructions ... does not work.. So it downloaded from Ubisoft and works perfectly

Qel Hoth 02-10-17 06:32 AM

Ok, thanks. I will give that a try later, uplay seems to be having issues at the moment.

achitan 02-10-17 07:36 AM

Why just 85% realism?

Hi guys,

I'm a returning captain on the seas of sub simming (a few years holiday :) but did start back in the day with SHI) and I love how things have evolved (real navigation for Erich Topp's sake!!!). The WoS megamod is superb and thanks to everyone envolved in the making of it, but I do have one question. It's not related to installation (that worked perfectly by following the steps provided) but to realism. In the options menu related to realism I have everything that makes life hard (real ;)) is on but the realism meter is 85%. I am thinking that may be because of a mod that gives you automatic ship identification which I remember reading about in the install guide, but I am not sure. So can anyone give me some pointers about this? And what about choosing Realistic for my campaign settings? Is that 100% or still 85 as this is the maximum achievable with that mod?

Thank you all,
Adrian

palmic 02-10-17 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achitan (Post 2464983)
Hi guys,

I'm a returning captain on the seas of sub simming (a few years holiday :) but did start back in the day with SHI) and I love how things have evolved (real navigation for Erich Topp's sake!!!). The WoS megamod is superb and thanks to everyone envolved in the making of it, but I do have one question. It's not related to installation (that worked perfectly by following the steps provided) but to realism. In the options menu related to realism I have everything that makes life hard (real ;)) is on but the realism meter is 85%. I am thinking that may be because of a mod that gives you automatic ship identification which I remember reading about in the install guide, but I am not sure. So can anyone give me some pointers about this? And what about choosing Realistic for my campaign settings? Is that 100% or still 85 as this is the maximum achievable with that mod?

Thank you all,
Adrian

Haha Welcome back her Kaleun! :salute:
it seams you have external views on dont you? (that should be that -15% of realism i suppose...)

I dont really know if campaign realism preset changes anything from main options, i never played anything bellow 100% and i recommend you the same, as i dont want to play any other subsim without it (real navigation really rocks if you have all game remainings also at 100% realism).
There's nothing to be worried about for such old school Kaleun as you :Kaleun_Wink:

achitan 02-10-17 08:44 AM

Hi palmic,

Thanks for your answer but I have everyting checked in the realism settings so No external views or cameras as it says in the sheet. I'm puzzled now... I'll do a reset of all the checkboxes (uncheck-check), maybe that's the problem (didn't actually check any boxes per sei, I just chose Realistic "theme").

Thanks again.

hauangua 02-10-17 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achitan (Post 2464999)
Hi palmic,

Thanks for your answer but I have everyting checked in the realism settings so No external views or cameras as it says in the sheet. I'm puzzled now... I'll do a reset of all the checkboxes (uncheck-check), maybe that's the problem (didn't actually check any boxes per sei, I just chose Realistic "theme").

Thanks again.

Hi achitan
You have installed " Wind & Smoke Addon"?..with this Addon never 100% realism