SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 01-21-16 04:01 AM

^ Good question up there :-)
||

THEBERBSTER 01-21-16 04:01 AM

Hi fitz
The Das Boot crew mod is an additional add on mod included with TDW's NewUI 7-5-0.
Peter

MCM 01-21-16 05:18 AM

Thank you Palmic :) It is especially interesting because battlestation crew needs much more CO2. So I will only use it when really necessary. Will crew load torpedos faster? Less duds?

fitzcarraldo 01-21-16 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2375420)
Hi fitz
The Das Boot crew mod is an additional add on mod included with TDW's NewUI 7-5-0.
Peter

Many thanks! I´m searching it now in OFEV.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

steevo45 01-21-16 09:14 AM

The Deadly 5 Destroyers

Anyone come across the 5 dedtroyers who come out of the blue and latch on to you till your O2 is up? 1940 (wasn't asdic less effective then?) South of Ireland, even down at 180 on silent running they come right at me from about 10km away as though they can magically, miraculously smell me out from the depths and there is NO WAY to shake them off. Commented on by the norse cast Let's Play videos as a possible bug. It's happened to me twice on consecutive patrols and just forced to go back to previous game save.

vdr1981 01-21-16 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxor (Post 2375338)
So I was on patrol when June 1 came around. I went back to base after mission accomplished. Now there are no missions listed? and dose the guy only tell the same intro every time?

Check first tip "How to pass form one campaign to the next one"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM (Post 2375399)
Last question :) On the let`s play videos of TheNorseCast I saw that he has activated "battlestations" while attacking a merchand under water with torpedo TDC. I know I have to activate it when I want to attack via deckgun. But what is the advantage using it while attacking with TDC?

Battlestations state(F7 key)
good
- Faster torpedo and gun loading time
- Faster repairs
- AffectUpTime, AffectPassiveBonuses, (no idea what it is :))

bad
- Crew moral/fatigue degeneration rate
- CO2 consumption rate

Silent running (F8)
good
- Engine/submarine noise signature
- Hydrophones range and sensitivity
- CO2 consumption rate

bad
- No repairs
- No torpedo loading
- No pumps (when flooding is present)
- Crew moral/fatigue degeneration rate (not very much though)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2375440)
Many thanks! I´m searching it now in OFEV.

Best regards.

Not OFEV...Das Boot crew is optional addon mod inside TDW New UIs...It is fully compatible...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by steevo45 (Post 2375452)
Anyone come across the 5 dedtroyers who come out of the blue and latch on to you till your O2 is up? 1940 (wasn't asdic less effective then?) South of Ireland, even down at 180 on silent running they come right at me from about 10km away as though they can magically, miraculously smell me out from the depths and there is NO WAY to shake them off. Commented on by the norse cast Let's Play videos as a possible bug. It's happened to me twice on consecutive patrols and just forced to go back to previous game save.

That's probably elite hunter killer group and they can be very "persistent". Dive deep, speed no more than 1kn (all stop if possible) and silent running on.
Or simply surface and surrender...:D

THEBERBSTER 01-21-16 11:14 AM

Hi fitz
You are looking in the wrong place.
Try this.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar..._Version_18.7z
There are 15 files once you unzip it and you will find it there.
Peter

gap 01-21-16 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrOkOZyABrA (Post 2375205)
In stock version excellent balance of light and dark at night. It was not worth it to touch ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2375269)
Really:doh:?? To me stock nights look more like daytime, or like twilight at least...

Besides subjective factors and personal taste, there is a bunch of other factors which might affect the perceived nights darkness, including computer screen's gamma, the illumination of the room where the game is played and in-game gamma settings. What works for someone, might not for someone else. :yep:

@ KrOkOZyABrA:

I suggest you adjusting game's gamma (accessible from grafics settings) and/or trying one of the night optional mods coming with Dynamic Environment.

KrOkOZyABrA 01-21-16 12:23 PM

Thank you for understanding! Increased range up to 52. I can not decide to leave 52 or 53 ...))) It's not even in the brightness, few reflections. Night looks is dead, dry.

fitzcarraldo 01-21-16 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2375483)
Hi fitz
You are looking in the wrong place.
Try this.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar..._Version_18.7z
There are 15 files once you unzip it and you will find it there.
Peter

Quote:

Not OFEV...Das Boot crew is optional addon mod inside TDW New UIs...It is fully compatible..
Ok, many thanks! It´s a mod in TDW UI.:yeah:

Best regards.

seba999 01-21-16 01:39 PM

Hi. Carriera be end in 1944?:doh:

Aktungbby 01-21-16 01:43 PM

Welcome aboard!

seba999!:Kaleun_Salute: Forgive our belated manners!

vdr1981 01-21-16 02:20 PM

Here's a quick update just to iron out few things here and there...

The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update 01 changelog:

Snapshot changes:
- Remark: in v1.05 "Carriers/Airbases launch aircraft" patches are disabled because of suspicion that these are responsible for planes overspawn bug which can corrupt game saving function. You can enable these patches at you discretion and report any findings in TWoS home thread.

Other tweaks:
- No funny looking bandages on wounded crew. Instead, when injured, crew icon will turn red...
- Few tuning tweaks in Sim.cfg and Airstrike.cfg files.
- Maximum displayed gameplay realism percentage for "Non-RealNav" players or for those who use optional "Wind & Smoke" addon is tuned up to 70%. This should also affect renown bonuses...
- Tweaked renown values for merchants: Tankers and large troop transport ships are now significantly more valued than regular cargo ships.

Added mods:
- SH5_No Funny Bandages

Removed mods:
-

Installation:
1. Extract content of the archive into your "Silent Hunter 5/MODS" folder.
2. Start JSGME and enable the update with JSGME after the main TWoS 1.05 mod, activated mods list should look like this:
The Wolves of Steel 1.05
The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update 01
The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith
*(optional mod)
The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch *(optional mod)

* Enable the update anytime with your JSGME.

seba999 01-21-16 02:49 PM

If the campaign ends in 1940?

vdr1981 01-21-16 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seba999 (Post 2375546)
If the campaign ends in 1940?

:06: