SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Silent Hunter 5 & Windows 10 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=221384)

Jimbuna 01-27-16 08:38 AM

Welcome to SubSim Tasumi :sunny:

Aktungbby 01-27-16 12:45 PM

Welcome aboard!

Tasumi!:Kaleun_Salute:

Griffon345 02-18-16 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exxis (Post 2360815)
first hello all fellow subsim fans :)

if you want to run silent hunter 4 and 5 with windows 10 you have to right click on the .exe file sh4/5.exe and go to compatibility then you have a new point in windows 10 its called something like high dpi upscaling, check this box, the game should now start. I had the same problem, the game didnt pop up, it was only viewable in the taskmanager.

Thanks exxis, worked like a charm!:salute::up:

THEBERBSTER 02-18-16 10:39 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Tasumi
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod

No problems playing SH3-4-5 after running Windows 10 from Windows 7 upgrade.

Cporses 02-19-16 09:05 PM

Returned from the Deep

G'dayHunters.
I have just managed to get SH5 up and running on Win 10 after an absence of 5 years. SH5 looks great on my 34in widescreen monitor.
Now to start with modding. Just downloaded the JSGME mod installer.
Where do you recommend I go from here?

I also have original boxed versions of SH3&4, i may have to try and get them running under Win 10 also.

Aktungbby 02-19-16 09:09 PM

Welcome back

Cporses!:salute: After a long silent run!

popflynn 02-21-16 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stev1 (Post 2334338)
Not been on forum for sometime, has anybody heard if Silent Hunter 3, 4 and 5 are compatible with Windows 10.

Hi, I have been in campaign and multiplayer using w10. Also when mplaying friends have been using w7 and I w10, haven't come across any problems.
popflynn

Aniuk 03-28-16 04:34 PM

run the game and go for it. Txs to exxis

Quote:

Originally Posted by exxis (Post 2360815)
first hello all fellow subsim fans :)

if you want to run silent hunter 4 and 5 with windows 10 you have to right click on the .exe file sh4/5.exe and go to compatibility then you have a new point in windows 10 its called something like high dpi upscaling, check this box, the game should now start. I had the same problem, the game didnt pop up, it was only viewable in the taskmanager.

Use this advice and also start the game in administrator mode. Clean install of Windows 10 and clean install of silent hunter 4 and 5. SH5 crashed. :/\\!! But the advise of exxis AND adminstrator mode: It works great. :up:

Thanks exxis:salute:

silentarrow 07-21-16 01:16 PM

it is ok for me , it is perfectly running

I have been playing SH5 for more than two years now , and it is working just fine on Windows 10, without any problems

CJC 08-26-16 02:24 AM

So I recently purchased SH5, loved SH3 and enjoyed SH4 but wandered away for a few years and recently watched Das Boot and got inspired again :)

So the game is acting strange, and i don't know why this is happening.

So if I start UPLAY with online enabled, and then launch SH5 it won't start. I get "Unabled to download Uplay files" which i don't understand? Is SH5 trying to update itself, is it trying to synchronise with some server at ubisoft for saved games or DRM? So i disabled the online synchronization option in Uplay settings, but still no luck..

If I start UPLAY with online disabled, and then launch SH5 it does start. BUT I can only play the historical missions and look in the museum, the campaign will not start. I get the error "Internet Connection not enabled" - which it is not...

So I have uninstalled SH5 and reinstalled it, I have uninstalled Uplay and reinstalled it. I have verified the game files through Uplay, I have launched both as admins, I have check the win 10 compatibility and all looks good..

Anybody have any idea what the error "Unabled to download Uplay files" means and how can I fix it?

Thanks
CJC

finchOU 09-08-16 11:57 PM

compatibility tab? I have no such tab under my SH5.exe properties tab.
Tabs I see are: General, Sharing, Security, Pervious Versions, Customize.

not too computer smart....but am I missing something?

finchOU 09-09-16 03:09 PM

Well I so how figured out how to get compatibility mode (and the tab magically appears now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52SV6S4x4-I

having said that....when i did get the game to launch....it's incredibility choppy and there is no sound. I went below decks and hit F to go to periscope depth and the game immediately crashed.

Should I do the clean install thing again? I just hate doing this every time something changes.....is there anyway to do this without losing a career?

Aktungbby 09-09-16 04:16 PM

Welcome aboard!

CJC!:Kaleun_Salute: Sorry for the late welcome; Please forgive our bad manners.:wah:

THEBERBSTER 09-09-16 05:44 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > CJC
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE <<
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
Highly Recommended SH4 > Webster’s GFO (Mini Mega Mod)

Jimbuna 09-10-16 07:46 AM

Welcome to SubSim CJC :salute: