SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   GWX 3.0 crashing (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254732)

U505995 02-09-23 10:54 PM

GWX 3.0 crashing

I recently donated so I could get access to all the juicy mods like gwx and such. Anyway, the game crashes every time before I load into a patrol. I'm not sure what the problem is or what to do.

propbeanie 02-10-23 01:34 AM

Post back with your SH3 version, such as a Steam download, or a Ubisoft download, or a disk. If a disk, do you happen to know the version of the game? Also, let us know where you have the game installed, such as "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \Common \Silent Hunter 3" or whatever. Lastly, after installing GWX, did you clear the game's Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH3)? :salute:

U505995 02-10-23 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2852200)
Post back with your SH3 version, such as a Steam download, or a Ubisoft download, or a disk. If a disk, do you happen to know the version of the game? Also, let us know where you have the game installed, such as "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \Common \Silent Hunter 3" or whatever. Lastly, after installing GWX, did you clear the game's Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH3)? :salute:

I have the steam version. C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \Common \Silent Hunter 3
I also didn't have any previous saves to clear before installing gwx because I didn't launch or play the vanilla version before installing the expansion.

Anvar1061 02-10-23 05:44 PM

Never! Do not install the game in C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)

U505995 02-12-23 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvar1061 (Post 2852327)
Never! Do not install the game in C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)

I'm quite positive the game installed itself there with me none the wiser. Will moving the game's folder to a different spot fix the problem? Or do I have to reinstall everything?

blackswan40 02-13-23 05:25 AM

Hi U505995 please read the pm i sent you and you will be up and running within 1-2 hours you dont need the steam version of SH3 Sir :Kaleun_Salute:
Quote:

Originally Posted by deslock1 (Post 2851910)
A big thank you for everyone taking the time to reply and give suggestions/directions/input. Blackswan40 sent me a PM early this morning. I was back up and running by this afternoon, after I got a chance to install what he sent. As several of you suggested (as did Blackswan), I needed to install outside of C:/program (86). I used a copy Blackswan sent me as opposed to using Steam. I was totally fine with that option. Thanks again, everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deslock1 (Post 2851907)
It worked like a charm! Thank you Blackswan40 for taking the time to help me out. Much appreciated!!!