SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2022 » DISCUSSION and SUPPORT (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252544)

bedros 10-09-22 12:34 PM

It seems to be a compatibility problem with GPU Nvidia rtx 3060, if I start the game with integrated card it works but crash under heavy load.
I'm trying everything even change os, but nothing works.
Sometimes the game starts but most probably crash cause mavcr71, ntdll or d3d9.dll.
I've tried start without mods but nothing changes.
The strange thing is that I've played for months because this happens without problems

blueduck 10-09-22 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedros (Post 2831684)
It seems to be a compatibility problem with GPU Nvidia rtx 3060, if I start the game with integrated card it works but crash under heavy load.
I'm trying everything even change os, but nothing works.
Sometimes the game starts but most probably crash cause mavcr71, ntdll or d3d9.dll.
I've tried start without mods but nothing changes.
The strange thing is that I've played for months because this happens without problems

Hi bedros,

thanks for further testing and reporting.

Maybe have a look at page 7 of this manual:
https://www.lsh3.com/v20/dl/LSH3-EDI...LLATION_EN.pdf

Allthough adressed to LSH3-2020 the settings for Nvidia might help you.

Regards
Blueduck

bedros 10-10-22 01:17 AM

Thank you for helping, I've tried yet, my notebook have an integrated graphics card so in Nvidia control panel I don't have those more options because are managed by intel hd card.
Anyway one week ago before this problems starts I simply start lsh3 with GPU and it works fine, without do any changes it stops to work and ctd on starting mission.
Any suggestions?

Update

After 1 week of troubles it seems solved, first of All avoid windows 10/11 update 22h2 that is the major cause of crashing, second cause idk why "music off "option in game settings and DTS X ultra sound option.

blueduck 10-10-22 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedros (Post 2831778)
Thank you for helping, I've tried yet, my notebook have an integrated graphics card so in Nvidia control panel I don't have those more options because are managed by intel hd card.
Anyway one week ago before this problems starts I simply start lsh3 with GPU and it works fine, without do any changes it stops to work and ctd on starting mission.
Any suggestions?

Hi bedros,

puuh! I've got a notebook with an intel graphics card and another with Nvidia device - but no machine with both devices.
Can you figure out how to make the Nvidia maybe act as primary device?

I can just guess to look for Windows control panel and "energy saving mode" settings.
The other chance might be to find BIOS-Settings for your graphics devices. But be careful there unless you know how to restore default settings.

Regards
Blueduck

bedros 10-10-22 10:19 AM

Sh3 commander

Hi guys I'm trying a very clean new installation of lsh3 2022, it seems work for now, I've a question using sh3 commander I've to put and activate the additional mods even in sh3 commander folder or I can do it only in lsh3 main folder?
Sorry if not so much clear the Question

M6JZO 10-12-22 06:32 AM

Bdu messages to captain

Hi Captains, I have just started running LSH 3 for a week or so now. Still running my first patrol, really enjoying the game. I do have a question, is it possible for me to improve the return messages from BDU to me (as Captain)? Also the same thing the opposite way round. All I seem to get messaged is "show more courage", "attack search, destroy". I am going to improve on them.
Thank-you Frank, keep sinking them.

blueduck 10-12-22 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedros (Post 2831856)
Hi guys I'm trying a very clean new installation of lsh3 2022, it seems work for now, I've a question using sh3 commander I've to put and activate the additional mods even in sh3 commander folder or I can do it only in lsh3 main folder?
Sorry if not so much clear the Question

Hi bedros,

use LSH3-2022-MODARCHIVE-MANAGER out of the desktop folder.
It will copy the mods you select to the MODS folder and launch the JSGME of the game folder.
Do not use these mods with SH3 commander.

Regards
Blueduck

M6JZO 10-20-22 07:43 AM

Change of U-boat

Hi Captains
LSH 22 edition is great a first-time user, wow lots of fun. Usually, I can get the Vllb which just happens to be the sub I preferer using. For some reason I always get the IIa, even when I change flotillas. I want to know how I can get to change U-boats?
Thank-you frank

blackswan40 10-20-22 12:26 PM

Hi M6JZO Checkout the following posts Sir :Kaleun_Salute:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...88#post2830488

Captain Wreckless 10-20-22 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueduck (Post 2831854)
Hi bedros,

puuh! I've got a notebook with an intel graphics card and another with Nvidia device - but no machine with both devices.
Can you figure out how to make the Nvidia maybe act as primary device?

Regards
Blueduck

I have a MSI laptop with both Intel and Nvidia graphics card. You can set the Nvidia card as default for the game by going into the Nvidia control panel, click "Manage 3D settings", click "Program Settings". It is pretty self explanatory, though you may have to add the games executable to the list, if it isn't already listed. You can then set the default graphics card. Every time the game is started it will use that card.

CW:arrgh!:

bedros 10-21-22 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless (Post 2833730)
I have a MSI laptop with both Intel and Nvidia graphics card. You can set the Nvidia card as default for the game by going into the Nvidia control panel, click "Manage 3D settings", click "Program Settings". It is pretty self explanatory, though you may have to add the games executable to the list, if it isn't already listed. You can then set the default graphics card. Every time the game is started it will use that card.

CW:arrgh!:

Yes I know , the problem is when I start with Nvidia GPU that seems have compatibility problems with win 11 2h22 and the game, no-one is having troubles with this?

propbeanie 10-21-22 08:45 AM

bedros, what resolution can the laptop run? There might be a difference between the onboard and nVidia display also, in that regard. Note what resolution LSH runs at... You also have to properly set the Properties page of the SH3.exe file. :salute:

bedros 10-21-22 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2833790)
bedros, what resolution can the laptop run? There might be a difference between the onboard and nVidia display also, in that regard. Note what resolution LSH runs at... You also have to properly set the Properties page of the SH3.exe file. :salute:

They run the same resolution of the game 1920x1080,
About properties already done, the error that usually occurs is caused by mavcr71.dll.
Usually the game CTD at the first patrol loading and at the second time it starts otherwise the only way to start the game is to reinstall libraries, direct X or whole Nvidia driver.

With start the game I mean start patrol.

Archive1 10-31-22 11:03 PM

Something strange

All:
I've begun to return after a nasty immersion in a severe hack of our financial accounts (this computer is clean) and begun to again return to LSH3. But on two sorties I have checked out because suddenly multiple crew members have red exclamation marks attached to them (what exactly does that mean?) and suddenly the weapons officer disappeared. Were in no combat threatening condition, no crash situation, just floating waiting for an oncoming ship to become actionable. And still not noticed - ie, no condition Red.
Any help on just what/why this occurs...twice now?
A:k_confused:rchive1

stork100 11-01-22 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2835715)
All:
I've begun to return after a nasty immersion in a severe hack of our financial accounts (this computer is clean) and begun to again return to LSH3. But on two sorties I have checked out because suddenly multiple crew members have red exclamation marks attached to them (what exactly does that mean?) and suddenly the weapons officer disappeared. Were in no combat threatening condition, no crash situation, just floating waiting for an oncoming ship to become actionable. And still not noticed - ie, no condition Red.
Any help on just what/why this occurs...twice now?
A:k_confused:rchive1

It's a feature of the game known as 'crew fatigue'. You can see each crew members endurance level by clicking on them and looking at the orange bar on their personal details. The red exclamation mark means they're too tired and need to rest by placing them in either the bow or stern quarters. If unrested the green efficiency bar of each compartment goes down and they eventually stop doing their jobs. A lot of players like to turn it off. If you want to disable it probably the easiest way is through the preferences in Silent Hunter Commander if you use that. Be sure to launch the game through Commander for the settings to take effect each time. The alternative is to edit the files manually. Not sure about the weapons officer, maybe he fell overboard. :O: