SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   PC Hardware/Software forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Good email program? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219636)

Red October1984 04-12-15 04:36 PM

Good email program?

Sick of using Chrome to open my email...since I use it a lot, figure I should use a program so I can have it running separately from my browser. Any recommendations?

Onkel Neal 04-14-15 09:28 AM

Microsoft Outlook.

Red October1984 04-15-15 08:29 PM

:up: I'll look at it.

EDIT: Really don't like the way Microsoft tries to suck you into that whole "sync everything together with one account" idea. I'd prefer to not.

Wolferz 04-21-15 10:13 AM

What about your ISP? Do they provide any type of e-mail access on their website?

Mine does.:yeah:

Onkel Neal 04-24-15 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red October1984 (Post 2307067)
:up: I'll look at it.

EDIT: Really don't like the way Microsoft tries to suck you into that whole "sync everything together with one account" idea. I'd prefer to not.

Oh yeah? That was my idea. Bill wanted to go with disconnected products but I talked him out of it.

Herr-Berbunch 04-24-15 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red October1984 (Post 2307067)

:har: I'm sorry, you know who makes Chrome don't you? That's right, the kings of single-account access.

daft 07-27-15 07:18 PM

I use Opera Mail and Thunderbird. I like both. Feels much more lightweight compared to Outlook (which also feels very much like work). :)

AVGWarhawk 07-28-15 02:20 PM

Outlook or what is known as Live Mail. Works fine for me. Do not have to sync anything if you don't want to.

Catfish 07-28-15 02:33 PM

Hi,
for private use you could take Thunderbird, which is relatively easy to set up and work with, and it is free.

For professional use there can only be Outlook, much more options than Thunderbird and unbeatable with Microsoft Exchange Server..
But you can use it privately as stand-alone without Exchange, and it still has lots of useful functions, from archiving to backup, to notices of absence, and a full scale calendar with reminders (and a lot more). Even if you think you do not need it, believe me you soon will.

And i have come to like MS a lot more, since i understand what the fuzz is all about. To hell with Apple and Google! :03:

sturmer 08-17-15 06:25 AM

i use incredimail, you have a free version and a pro version

I'mOnABoat 02-10-16 11:43 AM

Yeah, for my personal email address I'm still on gmail and it is obviously a kind of "one account to rule your whole life" kind of deal. For business, though, I wanted something a little more professional, so I went with the email address services from 1&1 which you can also merge to outlook if you want to monitor multiple accounts. I've had a good experience.

GT182 03-01-16 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2332034)
Outlook or what is known as Live Mail. Works fine for me. Do not have to sync anything if you don't want to.

Same here. Tho I'm still using Hotmail thru Outlook. Either is good and I've been using Hotmail for years with no problems. The only thing is you can only send the max of 10MBs in a file at a time. To get around this I use DropBox, and with it you can send any size file you want.

Onkel Neal 03-14-16 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obalouafi (Post 2389263)
try Outlook.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=8721

Skybird 03-14-16 05:55 PM

Thunderbird. Why getting stuff from Microsoft and by that help them to keep strong in business? They don't deserve it.

Also, regarding the mentioned more options in Outlook - consider whether you really need all these for your purposes.

d@rk51d3 03-14-16 06:53 PM

Does Thunderbird have the ability to delete emails yet? Not just hide them. Delete them.